Goodmark replacement panels any good?

-

Dodgenut64

Reaction score
I was looking on ebay and someone had replacement panels for my car (64dart). The company that makes them is called Goodmark, do any of you guys know if these are good panels?

Doesn't matter if you buy them from Goodmark, Year One, Paddock, etc. as the panels all come from the same factory in Taiwan.

Since they are all the same, buy from a vendor that close to you so you won't get killed on the shipping charges.

Goodmark had a vendor spot at the Hayes event in Commerce GA. Displaying e-body panels. I asked again for 67->69 cuda fenders and trunk floor extensions. They always answer "not enough call for those".
We owners could correct that if we are willing to pay their price for high quality steel fenders.

The only sheetmetal goodmark stamps theirsleves right now are for e-bodies,its true the rest is all the same.

I haven't found much for replacement panels for 63-66 Darts. Lower quarter and wheel arch panels and floor pans seem to be the norm. Try "autobodyspecialt" for the most selection. Try "automotix" for a list of used parts nationwide. toolmanmike

Laysons always says there replacement panels arent taiwan pieces, i wonder if theres are any better? Of course Laysons has lied to me before.

I haven't found much for replacement panels for 63-66 Darts. Lower quarter and wheel arch panels and floor pans seem to be the norm. Try "autobodyspecialt" for the most selection. Try "automotix" for a list of used parts nationwide. toolmanmike

i bought a lr 1/4 from abs. when i got it, it had a laysons sticker on it.

Laysons says they are OEM thickness and made in the USA. That's great if true. Mike

A lot of the aftermarket stamping for later model cars (like a 25 dollar fender for a Honda) comes out of Mexico. Could be American companies operating there.

Doesn't matter if you buy them from Goodmark, Year One, Paddock, etc. as the panels all come from the same factory in Taiwan.

i agree....

The only sheetmetal goodmark stamps theirsleves right now are for e-bodies,its true the rest is all the same.

even those from what i understand are from Taiwan..

i agree....

even those from what i understand are from Taiwan..

I havent personally confirmed it but I got my duster quarter skins from a dealer and he was the one who said the e-body fenders and a few other items are done on goodmark dies.This is also what goodmark told me when I asked about duster sheet metal-they wont do them because theyre concentrating on the high dollar e-body stuff.

"not enough call for those".[/QUOTE said:
I call bullshit on that one.How many Darts were made and survive as compared to ebodies.?I think theres a vast untapped market for a body stuff.Nobody wants to stick thier neck out though..

What say we(for a bodies folk) send an email to goodmark?

Make it clear what we want and ask them to step up.

Betty, how did the panel fit? Mike

the fit was ok, thats all. it had ALOT of ripples in it and took a bit of filler to fix and still doesnt look as good as i would have liked. heres a pic before primer

cuda 14 replace1.JPG

left qtr replaced wfiller front.JPG

I call bullshit on that one.How many Darts were made and survive as compared to ebodies.?I think theres a vast untapped market for a body stuff.Nobody wants to stick thier neck out though..

What say we(for a bodies folk) send an email to goodmark?

Make it clear what we want and ask them to step up.

Somebody got stupid a few years ago. Some companies do offer trunk floor extensions for Darts and Dusters but those parts are about 2 inches short of reaching the bottom of a Barracudas quarter. Why in the heck didn't they repop the longer part and let the other a-body owners trim to fit ? Refer to the red line above for that answer.
As for Barracuda front fenders... they may come in time but they wont be cheap.The fabrication of its head light house drives the price waaaaaay up. Our quarter panels are available only because that's a simple stamping (like the 25 dollar Honda fender).

I got 1/4's from goodmark and the fit is ok and they were a little wavy. Sounds like all of the panels have the same issues unless you find a donor or NOS, but if you are replacing the quarters yourself then you already have the nerve not to let some waves or grinding come between you and your dream car :) .
The one thing I noticed is that my 1/4s were so far gone and had been patched twice before, I didn't know how it was supposed to look in places like the tail by the bumper and the rocker.
Plan.Plan. gather photos. plan. cut. test fit. cut. test fit. repeat! :lol:

This is also what goodmark told me when I asked about duster sheet metal-they wont do them because theyre concentrating on the high dollar e-body stuff.

does that suprise you? thats where the big $$$ is...

Abody,I dont think thats a shock to anyone-think about it,a company do something to actaully help the industry instead of making a huge profit?-thats not the american corprate philosiphy.I just happen to run across the article in one of my old mopar muscle mags showing goodmarks process making the challenger fenders,Im just wondering which country they will send their dies to so they can make more profit off us without paying american workers lol.

-
Back