Goodmark vs AMD vs Sherman vs ??? who makes the best quarter panels?

-

Stormy69

Dusted
Reaction score
My 70 duster needs a left rear quarter from accident damage that likely occurred around 1983 since that was the date on the tags when i bought the car 19 years ago, geez time flies... anyway, i am gathering parts to restore it and this is the big one left and i don't want a part that doesn't look or fit properly. experienced input welcome. i tried a search but didn't get any relevant results. tia...

we had to use sherman as AMD didn't make the panels for the car we were working on... the bumper insets were 1" off

ok i have used goodmark, sherman, and amd. on your mopar, i would prefer AMD, but i will say, i have used AMD on a brand x (gm) car.. and it was horrible. goodmark was good for the brand x

i have to say guys, this is sad... had a member contact me via pm informing me that amd quarter was an inch short (rocker to door top). that is not ok with me. and i am aprehensive about purchasing one and having a similar issue. deciding what to do at this point... may just keep searching for an used oe, just have yet to have any luck.

from everything i have read its AMD. but don't think that even an AMD quarter won't need work to fit correctly.

i have to say guys, this is sad... had a member contact me via pm informing me that amd quarter was an inch short (rocker to door top). that is not ok with me. and i am aprehensive about purchasing one and having a similar issue. deciding what to do at this point... may just keep searching for an used oe, just have yet to have any luck.

did they send pictures of the issue?

I used AMD quarters and the tail light panel on my Demon. Really nice stuff!

Ted

I find that AMD is the best. I bought a set of quarters for my Scamp but ended up not using them because my body man said mine weren't too badly dented and he made them look like new. The AMD's when put right up to the car were a perfect match as far as size and accuracy for body lines.

I'm actually thinking of buying a set of fenders from them. Mine are in tough shape.

I think AMD has two 1/4's, one is full replacement that intersects part way up C pillar and trunk deck filler section at factory seam, and one that is cut just below top crease covering only vertical portion of quarter.

full is my plan, this is a 70 340 car that hasnt moved since about 1983. Lemon twist with black interior dealer a/c desert flooring (arizona car), i bought it in 1991 and am ready to get around to it....

AMD is the best. Ive used both here is my take.... If you have more money then time use the AMD. If like me you have more time then money use the sherman. AMD requires very little "fitting" as where a sherman requires more to get to look right.

I put Goodmark rear quarters on a 68 dart about 8 yrs ago (all I could get at the time) and was not happy with the body lines. They were not real crisp like OEM body lines. Car came out real nice after a lot of tweaking. Just put 2 AMD full quarters on a 70 roadrunner. Fell rite into place. Nice quality.

Put two quarter skins, outer wheel housings and front right fender from AMD. The quarters and outer wheel housings fit great. the fender required a lot of work to look and fit like it should. I think some of the fault was that my car had been hit, and some was they just released those fenders and may still need some tweaking.

I installed a full quarter in my 70 duster from amd.My friend installed two in his 70 duster all 3 had the same problem.They might make panels that fit other cars but there full quarters do not fit on a 70 duster.The gap at the top of the door and quarter is about a half inch and the curve at the bottom in front of the rear tire is wrong.Yes they where installed correctly by 2 body men each with 30 years experience.When i complained amd knocked off a 100 dollars.My friend bought his a couple of years ago and i had mine put in a couple of months ago.cost a lot more than that to make it fit.They know they have a problem.For 500 dollars it should fit now i have a new quarter with body filler in it they should have refunded the full amount.Was going to buy a full glass set from them but am afraid they wont fit

AMD is the best. Ive used both here is my take.... If you have more money then time use the AMD. If like me you have more time then money use the sherman. AMD requires very little "fitting" as where a sherman requires more to get to look right.

Did you install a body quarters (duster in particular would be nice)? This is about my car being the best i can make it. I am ase master collision repair and refinish but i hate bodywork, i am a painter... i dont have the patience for body panels so i want one thats right. the recent install by downsr makes me question if any aftermarket duster quaters are "right". Minor fitment issues dont concern me, panels that need split in half to fit do.

-
Back