Not open for further replies.

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Contact seller
I have been searching for 4 original tires for my restoration project for many years. I'm willing to pay USD 200 per tire + shipping to Keith(66340SEDAN).

The tires that I'm looking for is;

Goodyear Power Cushion 7.00 x 13 blackwall. Whitewall can do it too if no black walls are to be found.

The tires needs to be NOS or mint condition. I'm searching for date codes between August of 1964 to week 2 of January 1965.

Any help would be gladly appriciated.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,027
  • 002.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 004.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 005.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 006.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,009
Yes, I did! But no luck! They have the 1964 size of tires 7.25x13 but it aint Goodyear! I have a set I can use when I'm driving it. But for show Goodyear is the only that counts!

I just wish I could find them......!:coffee2:

Yup, they can be shipped here to me in MN. In addition to sending Ulf info on there tires, you can also let me know too and I can pass the info along. Hopefully some nice originals turn up, thanks!! :glasses7:

This isn't your tires but a link to the 1967 Goodyear pricing chart so you might find it interesting to look at.

[ame]http://jholst.net/tires-wheels/Goodyear_Automobile_B-198_1-1-1967_ERM.pdf[/ame]

if your buying NOS 40+ year old tires and plan on driving it on the road then don't bother insuring it.... the insurance company won't cover putting it off the road due to 4 blowouts!

tires degrade over the years, and if you put 4 NOS 40+ year old tires and its going to be a trailer queen thats okay but otherwise your doing alot of work for alot of headache!

if your buying NOS 40+ year old tires and plan on driving it on the road then don't bother insuring it.... the insurance company won't cover putting it off the road due to 4 blowouts!

tires degrade over the years, and if you put 4 NOS 40+ year old tires and its going to be a trailer queen thats okay but otherwise your doing alot of work for alot of headache!

That's not true. My daily driver rides on 40 year old (started out near NOS) rubber with zero issues. Good traction, good ride and compared to the tires made today, incredible tread life.
If there are no signs of severe dry rotting, or broken coards, or flat spotting, there is NOTHING wrong with using old rubber. If I had a choice between Repro, or good NOS, I'd take the old stuff any time. You just can't get quality like that anymore.

That's not true. My daily driver rides on 40 year old (started out near NOS) rubber with zero issues. Good traction, good ride and compared to the tires made today, incredible tread life.
If there are no signs of severe dry rotting, or broken coards, or flat spotting, there is NOTHING wrong with using old rubber. If I had a choice between Repro, or good NOS, I'd take the old stuff any time. You just can't get quality like that anymore.

I wouldn't trust a 40 year old rubber in the bedroom, so I definatly wouldn't put my life in the hands of 4 for my car!

I have a Goodyear Power Cushion 7 x 13 whitewall on a steel rim. The date code 1NO57O or IN0570 (not sure which).It is in good condition, much like the one in the photo above. It was in the trunk of my 65 Valiant,but not sure if itis the exact one you are looking for. Thanks.

bamacuda

I have a Goodyear Power Cushion 7 x 13 whitewall on a steel rim. The date code 1NO57O or IN0570 (not sure which).It is in good condition, much like the one in the photo above. It was in the trunk of my 65 Valiant,but not sure if itis the exact one you are looking for. Thanks.

bamacuda

Hi! Would it be possible to see a picture of it? You can also measure the white wall line and I will do the same. I will check that number. Is that printed on the front side of the tire?

I will get it out of the garage tomorrow and snap some pictures. It has really good tread and seems to be in good condition.

I have a mint C 78 13 mounted on wheel but it is an Atlas brand

Attachments

• A 13 wheel C78 (2).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 579
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back