Got 2nd at Sikeston

-

stevedemon340

Reaction score
We took the Demon over to the dragstrip sat. nite. Things didnt start off well but I ended up going 6 rounds and losing in the final.

As I said before, She was smoking and only ran a 7.38! I pulled all the plugs and they still looked new so I ran the valve train and checked the timing. Everything was good!?!? Made another time trial and she ran a 7.01!!!! Fastest ever since the cage was installed. Ended up running a 6.96!!! We won 200 bucks!!!!

good job, do you happen to know Larry Leyton he runs a 72 duster in sikeston, i live in Troy, mo but i am working at the hospital in sikeston on the elevators and Larry is in charge of the hospital construction.

Jason

Good job!! Congrats on the final round appearance !!!!!!!!!

good job, do you happen to know Larry Leyton he runs a 72 duster in sikeston, i live in Troy, mo but i am working at the hospital in sikeston on the elevators and Larry is in charge of the hospital construction.

Jason

Thanks everybody. Yes I do know Larry. VERY well!!! He is one of the best footbrake racers if not the best. He has put me on the trailer many more times than I have him. LOL. I really like him. He's a good person. I love his duster too. It looks like a show car but runs very low 7s. Just a beautiful car.

Sikeston,
I haven't been there since it was running an 8th mile and the timing light wiring were strung overhead. The guys were squirting liquid rosin on the track for their burnouts and it strung all over the cars.
That was about 1983 when I followed a Nova on a trailer from Paducah, Ky. to the track. I was on my way to Perryville, Mo. and did not have to be there till Monday. The people were extremely friendly to me and I took 4 or 5 of them for their 1st ride in a semi truck. I told them it was my
4 valve, high compression, fuel injected and turbo'd big block.
I' glad it is still running.

We took the Demon over to the dragstrip sat. nite. Things didnt start off well but I ended up going 6 rounds and losing in the final.

As I said before, She was smoking and only ran a 7.38! I pulled all the plugs and they still looked new so I ran the valve train and checked the timing. Everything was good!?!? Made another time trial and she ran a 7.01!!!! Fastest ever since the cage was installed. Ended up running a 6.96!!! We won 200 bucks!!!!
Good job Steve! It is always good when the Mopars get to the final! Did you get the battery changed? Will see you sat. nite! Got ours back from the chassis shop last nite.. so we will be there!

-
Back