got a new pup. meet Dexter...

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
we lost our 11 year old husky a few days after christmas. his body just quit on him.. live a pretty good life i think. he was born with deformed knees.. he was a trooper though.. did just about everything a dog does.. just couldn't walk real long distances because his knees would bother him. he was a real good well behaved dog.. i still miss the big man..

so we decided our little 3 year old dog needed a play mate.. she was looking depressed without the big man around.. we looked to rescue a dog but every time we had a dog meet with the candidate the dogs were great with rylee,jamie and myself but they all wanted to eat my little dog (maya)...

so a coupel weeks ago my son text me a link to the local shelter we have been dealing with. they had three puppies... figuring this would be our best bet of keeping maya from being eaten we jumped in this little guy.. figure now we can raise him around maya and hopefully maya will set him straight (which she has numerous times..) and he will not want to eat her like the other dogs we looked to adopt..

so this saturday it will be 2 weeks since we got him.. last saturday we took both of them 6 hours to lake placid ny, little man did great.. we stopped twice, he walked did his thing and got back in the car. as the days past you can see him getting more comfortable and knowing that he is part of our family. maya starts with him.. he chases her around and they play non stop all day. so it looks like we have two happy pups around here.

while up in placid we tried to take him hiking.. he wasn't having any of that. think he was spooked.. may have been too much too soon (he is only 2 months old).. now that we are home you can see him getting more comfortable in our yard.. so hopefully by summer he will be fine out int he woods..

man is he funny.. so clumsy.. seems to have a real good personality.. my man is either wound up or sleeping.. crazy little man.. i think he is going to be a good dog..

dogs%201-30-16.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Good looking little guy. I love the brindle. My pit "Motley" was the same color. Congratulations.

Cute little guy. O'course they ALL are at that age!!

Whoa, that's amazing.... My best friend recently got a new puppy and he looks identical to yours! What even crazier is they named him Dexter! LOL. That's nuts! I gotta get pics to show you

Whoa, that's amazing.... My best friend recently got a new puppy and he looks identical to yours! What even crazier is they named him Dexter! LOL. That's nuts! I gotta get pics to show you

Lol. That's nuts.

Thanks guys. I'll upload a few more pics later.

here he is not liking his fist hiking trip.. giving mom attitude..lol

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

lil **** got carried out..

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

Cute puppy! Love the brindle, last too dogs I have had were brindle, as well as the mountain feist we have now..

when i sent the link with pics to jamie she said i want the brown one.. his two brothers were black and white.. i like his coloring.. just cool looking..

-
Back