Got a new Ride

-

skypower

Reaction score
A little about me I'm a car guy at heart who play's with motorcycles all day. I seem to always have some kind of toy around, been a mopar guy since I was 15. (I moved back to Florida from Hawaii on my 15th birthday and when we were pulling up to our house there was this Black Beast sitting in the nahbors yard I didn't know what it was at the time but it was the baddest thing I ever saw.) Anyway back to where I was, I had a bunch of mopars back in the early 80's, first car 1970 challenger 340 4/speed, then 69 GTS Dart 340 Auto, then, 67 Barracuda 340 4/speed F/B, then 69 1/2 Superbee 440/6 pack 4/speed Dana 4.56. After all that I ended up buying new cars and played with all sorts of stuff but the mopar bug just never went away so a couple months ago I talked the wife into letting me get new project car, I went out and bought a 68 /6 Barracuda 904 and 7.25 rear, I tore it all down and started looking for parts. Thats when all hell broke lose in my head and I couldn't stop thinking about that Black Beast next door when I was a kid and while looking for the only suitable rearend for my new Barracuda a dana 60, I came across this (see pic below) so now i'm back to being 15 again. I am sure I will be bugging you guys for lots of tech help in getting it up and running like it should. 1969 383 Formula S 4/speed dana 4.56 no motor at the moment will be installing 440 for the summer and saving my pennies for the all important 426 Hemi. Should still be fun this summer big block 4/speed dana 4.56.
icon7.gif

Attachments

• CUDA 005.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 307
Welcome to FABO from sunny SoCal. You're going to have fun here.
Great start to your project. Keep us updated as your build progresses.

Working on some more pics car is at my office about a hour away right now.

Welcome aboard! That's a great looking Cuda (but then again I'm kinda partial ;-))! Make yourself at home and enjoy the ride.

Nice car! Man that looks just like another members car here (Tony).

Welcome to FABO, nice car and story....
More pics please!
(and of your other cars in the past if you have them)

Thanks everybody hopefully have some more pics this weekend and try find some of my other cars cant seem to find the box of pics these days. After seeing alot of your guys and gals cars it looks like I have a lot of work to do to keep up with the jones's so to speak.

Bob

Welcome to the best site going for good tec help and great folks here to enjoy
Wow, That looks just like Tony's Cuda don't it. Very nize Cuda !!

Welcome, hum Black Beast, where have I heard that name before, in my head evertime I go to the garage. Caution tho, black attracts dirt within a 5 mile radius (seems like anyway) and shows any and all flaws in the sheetmetal especially under the sun.

Have fun

Attachments

• 108.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 115
Welcome to the site! What cool find!!!!!!!!!! This is the best site I've ever found.. Sounds like your name ought to be like mine.. I was 19 when I had my first official "I bought it" mopar.... So "15 Again" has a nice ring... I like you, have and still maintain alot of my toys.. Just had to make sure that this last one had an automatic in it for momma... She likes to cruise too! The old addage "If momma's happy, everyones happy!"
Good to see if you do the math (add 32 years to my 19) that us guys aren't in any midlife crisis at our ages.. We just finally can afford to go out and get what we want and build it the way we like!

-
Back