Got a new toy at work. Huge Ultrasonic Cleaner

-

Badart

Reaction score
It's about 8' x 3' and will clean anything in minutes. Oh yeah there will be a set of J heads going in here soon. I uses regular soft tap water at 150 degrees and the frequency is 40 kilohertz. Pretty cool, been playing with it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 224
I like this thread lol .. Looks like ur going to be having lots of fun soon .... now tell the truth after the heads are done ur going to go nuts trying to find stuff to put in there lol

I like this thread lol .. Looks like ur going to be having lots of fun soon .... now tell the truth after the heads are done ur going to go nuts trying to find stuff to put in there lol

LOL We have been cleaning all kinds of stuff in there, including the shop BBQ Grille. It's pretty cool, because when you start it up you can see the grime falling off of the parts. It will literally clean fabric in seconds. I am easily entertained.

If I am correct Badart, That is a sonic cleaner like they use in hospitals and jewelry stores , I have never seen one that big :happy1:.
It's an amazing thing to watch, I put a pocket knife in one that was about 1'X8'' and 6'' deep our out patient surgery center had and you could see the gunk walking off of it.
Don't be getting in it or putting an animal in it:coffee2: I think the sound waves would be harmful if not fatale :coffee2:

Don't be getting in it or putting an animal in it:coffee2: I think the sound waves would be harmful if not fatale :coffee2:
No worries Mike. I thought about going for a dip but it is as James Brown would say "Too hot in da hot tub".

Is that a Sharpertek ulttrasonic cleaner , that thing is HUGE . I use one of those for carburetors and such in my shop but it is tiny and fits on my bench . These cleaners are amazing they were originaly used for jewelry and medical equipment . I bet that thing wasnt cheap .

To bad you're in Utah; I have a bunch of shotguns and M4s, MP5s & MP5/10s I'd like to throw in there for a bath. Save me quite a bit of time as compared to conventional cleaning.

AWESOME, I been using those though not quite as big for many years for many of my tools and parts..

I wonder how the cleaner would do on old mag wheels or valve covers? Use it but don't abuse it.

The tech who installed it and trained us said that you can put anything in it. Including guns, but our company has a policy about having guns at work. :D You just have to drain and add more water. Nontoxic. Imagine throwing an entire rear end housing in there. =P~

:sign11:
The tech who installed it and trained us said that you can put anything in it. Including guns, but our company has a policy about having guns at work. :D You just have to drain and add more water. Nontoxic. Imagine throwing an entire rear end housing in there. =P~
That would be some nasty water. :tard:

-
Back