Got followed home today.......

-

hosehead

Reaction score
Scored this little d100 for a song. Hadn't been started in over a year. Fired up on three cranks with just a little squirt of fuel in the carb. Few dents, no rust, runs and drives but electrical needs help. 318/727. I love this thing.

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

View attachment 1715100480

Shortbox from the look of it? I got 4 of those in my yard, but no shortbox. 73 -78 i think.
Looks solid. Yes me jealous.

You Guys, out there, have the advantage of little, or no rust, vs., here in the North East. -- Looks like a good one.

Thanks Chris! It's pretty complete. Just needs the right grille, new bumpers and some interior work. I'll be doing some truck parts shopping at the fall fling in two weeks, for sure. This thing is going into daily driver status asap.

buddy's dad had one like that like a 75. It went camping with us all over CA desert with 3 motorcycles on a trailer in tow. It never had a camper shell on it so we all piled into the back and went on side trips to abandoned mines...yeah real safe!

Last edited:
Those are sweet! I love 72-80 short beds. You did ok condition wise but those interior pieces are getting kinda tough to find. I think I have a 72-73 grille and possibly a left fender if you don't want to fix that one.

Well crap...I thought this thread was going to be about a puppy following you home.

Oh well, still a cool find.

You Guys, out there, have the advantage of little, or no rust, vs., here in the North East. -- Looks like a good one.

This is so true.....But their paint and interiors get baked BAD and ours are not so bad

Cool find.
Interiors and mechanical is the easy part, fixing rust is the hard part.
Looks like an easy project.........

Nice truck! I have a 72 W200 crew cab and have been looking for the correct grille for some time now, can't find any up my way. Good luck finding the blue interior pieces, I'm glad I don't have to go though that.

-
Back