Got My First Warning For Having Junk Car(s) On My Property!

-
Around here you can do whatever you want. There's houses worth a million dollars and right next door there's houses with old 1950's school buses in the back yard being used for storage! It's great! :)

Put a sign in the window of the car that says "No junk mail please" and tell them you live in there, that it's not a junked car but your shelter.

MOPARJ.............
With all that wine he's got 'stashed' ...... does he have an ABC license for that?? Isn't there a law 'somewhere' that prohibits having a lot of alcohol on property.....just think of the fire hazard this would create along with the toilet paper........what a fire hazard and danger to you and family (including your car)..........Hay........you have a right to protect what is yours. Be kinda fun to see him 'wiggle' out of that situation.........Hell, I think I'd do it just for the fun of it.......since he's giving so much grief.....really nothing to loose.

I got to thinking.........maybe you should mow your yard everyday (just the front yard) so the butt of a neighbor will hear the noise....(mower with a lot of noise).....maybe do some weedeating along the curb....(noisy machine).....take a leaf blower (with a lot of noise) and get rid of the clippings (in his direction of course)....maybe do a tune up on your lawn mower (no muffler...noisy!!) very often, I think you get the drift......hehehehehe.......do they have an ordinance about mowing your yard and keeping it looking nice.....everyday!?!?!?.....

Luckily, I live in a small rural area where there is a lot of 'car buff's' here......our chief of police is a motorcycle nut......and a great guy.
Give 'em a taste of his own medicine.......go for it moparJ.
Good Luck!!!!!!!
Greg.........mtn_jake

My friends going through the exact same thing with the city right now-its really irratating when you realize that all the taxes we pay and the money we spend we really have very few rights and when it comes down to it own nothing.I cant see how police can site you for the noise issue-here there would be no way unless it was after hours thank god!.

Ok Moparj I Feel Ya But I Know Just How I Would Handle Yours. By A 4cylinder Beater And Spray Paint "cheese With My "whine" Please" On The Side You Park Opposite Of His House! Your Right It Is A Public Street And You Can Park Your Car In Front Of His House For 4 Hours(at Least Here You Can) If You Have Reason For It...like Cutting The Yard! So Start Your Lawnmower And Let It Sit Right There In The Yard Till He Comes Then Take A Picture And Spread It All Over The Internet! Well Its A Idea! But Seriously Start Your Mower Every Day Or Every Other Day ,cut Just A Little Everyday AND LET THE MOWER RUN Then Sit On Your Duff Till He Calls The Cops Then When The Cops Show Say You Were Taking A Break Due To Your Asthma. They Cant Tell You You Cant Mow The Lawn! Do It Enough And The Cops Will Simply Ignore His Old *** Or He Will Give Up....

Btw, I Found Out That No One Called On Me And That Is Was Just A Random Area Check! What Bs!

Last year the local code enforcer sent me and three other of my neighbors on the street notices of abandoned vehicles and that there were complaints from a neighbor. I called and asked what the guy(code enforcer) was talking about and he said my dodge truck parked in MY driveway off the alley was sitting partially on city right of way and that my other car a 426 wedge coronet was an eyesore...also had the balls to tell me if they had been chevies he probably wouldn't have written me up. He wouldn't tell me who complained but me and the others knew already who it was...there was an older guy that moved in awhile back that was always complaining about these hotrods and noise.

Well after threatening the code enforcer with an a55 beating for being such a dick and having the cops come over and tell me I would have to comply or be arrested for threatening an official and being fined (they were pretty cool though and thought it funny that someone stood up to the enforcer...they didn't like him either). I had to back the truck up TWO FOOT and put a cover over the coronet.

The other guys that had complaints against them reacted about the same way to the enforcer and one guy confronted the old guy who fessed up to it. That ended up with the old guy going and getting a gun and running the kid off his property. Here's were it gets funny...

After a couple months the old guy went on vacation and two of the guys that he complained on went and got this POS mid 70's impala that must have been pulled from a swamp and parked it in HIS back yard...then called the code enforcer on him!!!!!!!! Old guy got back found a letter in the mail from the enforcer, saw the car and guess what...he moved away a couple weeks later.

I live in Cape coral Fl. we also have the junker laws here.My next door neightbor is a ahole and calls all the time about me .When I did the front end on my 66 cuda and had to leave it up on jack stands over the weekend he had the law there and I got the junk car ticket! $47.50 no problem pay the ticket ,got the car done, it has a tag .on it no problem So what to do ? I started taking my Harley to work.2 1/2 ' big dog pipes, 104" motor, takes 3 or 4 mim.to warm up. same side of the house that his bed room is on ! I leave for work at 6:30. then on Saterday I tuned the 466 BBF motor that is in my garage on a run in stand the headers point right out the side door tourds his house. when the cops came they asked me to cool it. then they spent a 1/2 hour or so checking out the barracuda and my 52 ford truck. I,m sure they'll be back next week cause I plan to work on my boat next! I'll keep it up till my wife gets mad at me. ya he's a dick but then so am I!

Check your local laws about noise. I think here I can make as much noise as I want after 8am and before 10pm. Gppd thing because 3" Flowmaster dont do much to quite down an 11:1, 340 with all most 500hp.

i have not had any trouble with by-law enforcement as of late but i have in the past, due to to many uninsured vehicals in the yard. or some thing like that well this went on for a while, what finaly ended it was when i got a copy of the bylaws that the cars came under, this inclueded weeds, glass and construction materials. you know everything that you find in people (ok normal peoples) back yards.

well i found out through a friend that this officer lived around the corner from us as well and he was also bracking the law by storing window glass in his back yard. when he showed up to see if i had complied with the enforcment rules, which i had, i then proceded to make about 50+ complaints about all the people that lived in our neighbour hood. most were about weeds that they were going to cut down any way and all of them i gave the heads up on what i was doing. all except the officer and the guy that made the original complaint.

the look on the officers face when i gave him his own address was priceless and also the reason, i said that theses were all offical complaints and that i wanted them all delt with asap. he just stood there with his mouth open and walked away, the glass disapeared and i nor my parent have had a visit from him since. most of the peolpe in the neighboure hood said that he didn't come talk to them which is ok.

good luck with your city officals and get a copy of the bylaws for your area to see if what they are doing is right, and for all you know the sob that made the complaint may also be braking the rules as well. and as a consered neighbour you wouldn't want any wone to have to look at the weeds in his/her lawn

That was great ..... custom100!!
:glasses5::thumbrig::thumbrig::thumbrig::thumbrig::glasses5:

mtn_jake..............greg

-
Back