Got my new intake for my 410 Build!

-

darndart

Reaction score
I decided to not use my M1 single plane off of my old 340 and go with the new Edelbrock Super Victor for the new 410 build. This thing looks awsome. I can't wait to get the old Dart back on the track!
30w33uh.jpg

2ily6he.jpg

Looks good Kevin.You will like that intake on that big SB.

Attachments

• 108-0803_IMG.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 784
sorta looks like the old school holley strip dominator i gotz on my 340. but i am sure it flows like 3 times better.lol

How much did you pay for the intake and where?I,ve been thinking about swapping from the M1 on my 410.

How much did you pay for the intake and where?I,ve been thinking about swapping from the M1 on my 410.

I got it off of an ebay auction. A guy bought it and never used it. $305 shipped to my door was what I paid. I think they sell for about $330-$340 in Summit and Jegs.

nice intake. you will not be sorry you bought it. i have one ported to stage 3 by Hughes Engines.

Great taste in engines, cars and intakes. Can't say much about your taste in beer though. lol

Man if I was still running a single 4 I'd think real hard about that intake, easy enough to adapt to W5 heads.

On a side note I just found a brand new in the box W5 M1 tunnel ram for $199.00, I think I paid more for my used one.

I had one of those intakes put on my 360 cid last year, along with a set of ported "J" heads with 2.02 intakes and 1.60" exhaust valves. Had a mechanical cam and lifter added, unfortunely for what ever reason never got the specs. on the cam. The guy said it was a Mopar purple camshaft but when I looked up in the Mopar Perforance book there are three of them. Have a 750 cfm Mighty Demon carb to put on it as well, also installed a new 3800 converter. Can't wait to get it to the track this summer.

In the strokers, the SV is a nice intake. They still make a ton of torque in the mid/high rpm, and love ported heads and BIG carbs

I just got my ported Edelbrock heads cleaned up this weekend. I bought a whole top end package from a guy that races at our track. Much to my suprize they have 11/32" Ferrea valves, titanium retainers, and valve springs so big they bent my valve spring compressor. I had to order a set of SBC valve stem seals or I'd have them togather. They are supposed to flow 287/212.

And yes my bottom end should take some RPM's. 4340 Scat crank, 4340 Scat H-beams, Probe flat tops, in an early 360 block.
2wmoqzc.jpg

121voev.jpg

Cool looking manifold. My 340 currently has an old Torker and I would like to switch to an airgap and maybe pick up some more top end RPM.

Darndart, aint that thing awesome looking or what!!!!!!

Cool looking manifold. My 340 currently has an old Torker and I would like to switch to an airgap and maybe pick up some more top end RPM.

That's not gonna happen IMO. You'll gain a bunch of low end torque though. If your gonna swap out the old Torker for a higher performing intake, go to a M1 or jump up and go with the Victor/Victor Jr.

In the strokers, the SV is a nice intake. They still make a ton of torque in the mid/high rpm, and love ported heads and BIG carbs

Yeah and if the heads/combo aren't up to par, the sv will slow it down so bad it will make less power.

Nice looking intake, hope it works in your combo.:thumblef:

Nice..............................................:burnout:

Actually I don't really drink but maybe once or twice a year. My step son left it on the kitchen table so I used it for a size compairison. What's wrong with Keystone Light anyway??

yea sure is a nice intake i bought one for my 340 build along with a victor and my holley strip d. and my head porter picked the holley over all said the victor had to big a plenium and the super had to big of runner for a 344 cu in. so he is welding plen. and full porting the holley and repoting my eddys. hensley ported them and he has fixed the pushrod pinch and head bolt lump along with 2.05 intakes. i will post pics when i get them.

The Strip Dom is a really good peice and for an old one, it really does kick. Though designed back in the day, which isn't normaly a problem, until you get to todays bigger engines, it is a worthy intake.

Holley allways did a excellent job on there intakes.

The Strip Dom is a really good peice and for an old one, it really does kick. Though designed back in the day, which isn't normaly a problem, until you get to todays bigger engines, it is a worthy intake.

Holley allways did a excellent job on there intakes.

It's what I'm using on my 417. Works excellent.

-
Back