Got pictures with your first car. I do!!

-
I wish I had pics of my first car. It was a 68 Coronet R/T Hemi 4 spd, I still have the title somewhere in my room back home.

My high school metal shop project that I built and entered in the Science and Industrial Art Fair was a 23t that took 1st in the auto category.

23T1978.jpg

Not my first car (3rd) but first Mopar...circa 1986.

200410226717951353382897.jpg

Haven't owned anything but Mopar since...(except for 8 years in Okinawa where I had to have Jap Crap...but I still owned my Demon for those 8 years while it sat at my parent's house waiting on me to return :) )

Even 4 years in the Philippines -- I owned a '72 340 Duster, a '74 318 Duster and I bought my Demon there...LOL!!

My now 19yo daughter and my Demon, circa 1991. I don't have any pics of me with it back then...

Demon6.jpg

1976, first I bought the 4 door Light Blue,
1965 Valiant, then 2 months later, I bought the gray '64.

IMAGE1Medium.JPG

Guess I am going to have to start taking some pictures to post here. My first car was a 48 Plymouth that my father gave me. Sent more money getting it running then it was really worth. My next car was my first new car which was a 1970 Nova SS (which I still have in my garage). Sitting next to the Nova is a 1972 Duster. This was my wifes first car. How many people have their first new car almost 40 years later but a couple who both have their first new car has to be extremely rare. Other cars of note that I have owned and sold includes a 1970 Challenger R/T with 440 Six Pack. Beauitful car, Black with Crager SS wheels. Sold it to buy a house.

My 73 318-904 Duster. Started with the hubcaps, until I liberated a set of Ralleys from the graveyard, and had the Radial GT's put on. Later, my first year in college (1983), and buddy and I rented a run down trailer, where I replaced the worn out 318/904 with a 360/727 from a Fury III that I rebuilt in the trailer dining room. I also put a 3.55 sure grip Dana in the rear that I picked up from a local racer, with driveshaft, for $150! Come to discover, though, that it had a warped axle. I traded the rear even up for an open 3.23 8 3/4 from an junkyard - DOH! A buddy blew out the flexplate, and by then I was 1 year later in school, and could not mess with it. My mom got me vette to drive (Chevette, that is). Oh well, I'm back in the fold now with a 73 340 Duster, same color.

73 duster2.JPG

73 duster.JPG

Got it when I was 9 and am still working on it. (11 years later) '77 aspen r/t that started life as a '78 aspen se only paid $50 bucks for her and she had a running 318 /904
Now has the 360 / a833 from a 440 dart. 8 3/4 and lots more

Aspen Left Quarter.jpg

Driver Door.jpg

3f07.jpg

DCP_2854.jpg

DCP_3288.jpg

711959_144_full.jpg

Here is a picture of my first real car, I drove an olds cutlass for a few months when I first started driving.

I should add that this picture was taken more recently, when the car was for sale on e-bay... I went and looked at it, but did not buy it.

cuda4.jpg

Mines in my avatar,(Sure glad I never divorced her). 15 years later and still going strong.

Old I know, but worth it. My scanner has crapped out on me, so sorry for the pic quality...

My first car was a JEEP!! 95' Wrangler 2.5l 4 banger 5 speed. 3" lift w/33" tires. 72MPH top speed!! LOL!!
trim2021.jpg

My first "new" car. 00' Dodge ram sport 5.9. It was a chick magnet & would run with the best of them! It had 9 miles on the odometer when I got it. It was called "BigRed".
trim2022.jpg

The first pic is my first car at around 1976 with a fresh driving license.
Second pic is my latest car.
It´s the same car only 30 years and 15 owners later.

Kopia av scannade bilder 001_edited.jpg

augusti-08 014 - Kopia (2).JPG

Skrivbordsunderlägg från Windows Fotogalleri - Kopia (2).jpg

The first pic is my first car at around 1976 with a fresh driving license.
Second pic is my latest car.
It´s the same car only 30 years and 15 owners later.

That is a great story Swedefish! What`s the chance of finding your first car ever again? In Sweden does a car retains it`s same license plate throughout it`s existence, or did you keep the plate and just have it reissued to the car?

That is a great story Swedefish! What`s the chance of finding your first car ever again? In Sweden does a car retains it`s same license plate throughout it`s existence, or did you keep the plate and just have it reissued to the car?

Thanks John
Yeap, our cars keeps the license plate throughout until it gets scrapped.

I saw the car for the first time ,in 28 years , about two years ago at a car show. Then I noticed an ad for a -66 Barracuda this summer which later turned out to be my first Barracuda. I would have bought it whatever condition it would have been in.

Expecting to have the new interior arriving from Dantes any day now.
Pulling the engine the next weekend.But....
I´ll have to finish the -67 before spring time arrives.

My first vehicle was a 66 ford truck.The engine was shot(390)but the body/interior was perfect.My grand pa hauled in a 69? chrysler station wagon hit in the rear,with a TNT 440,so he gave me the drive train,and in the 66 ford it went.I never got to drive the truck on the highway,dad said id get killed with it.My second car,wich was my first car i got to drive,was a 71 maverick grabber,302,4 speed,9 inch rear with 3.55 posi.Dad bought it for my 13th birth day,and i restored it my self from 13-18 years old,with money i made working summer jobs.My dad wouldnt let me put the 340/4 speed i had been saving,from a rusted out 70 duster,because"mopars are too fast,youll be killed,build the ford motor,itll last forever."Well,i did build it,redid the interior,bought new wheels,and tires,new exhaust,etc,etc.I was about a week from grduating high school,had only been able to drive the car for 8 months,dad asked what i wanted for a graduation present,i told him i wanted the money to repaint the car,and put the new decals back on,before graduation weekend.So long story short,he gave me the cash i needed,i painted it,buffed it,etc,was driving it home,when a dumbass kid hit me head on,with his grand dads toyota pickup.In a way,im glad dad dint let me get my uncles 71 roadrunner,because i would have been even more devastaed if i had spent 5 years restoring that,and it had been totaled.Oh yea,the maverick was totaled,frame shop coulnt straighten it out,and no parts were avalible then.

my maverick,and 70 dart 340 swinger 002.jpg

my maverick,and 70 dart 340 swinger 007.jpg

my maverick,and 70 dart 340 swinger 008.jpg

my maverick,and 70 dart 340 swinger 003.jpg

Not a very good picture, but here is my very first car. 1971 Duster 318 3 spd that I bought off of my parents when I was 16 in 1978. It had so much rust in the rear quarters we called it the Ruster or the Brown Growler.

71Duster.jpg

My first car was actually my Dad's 64 Dart GT, but I have no pictures.

Here are my first new cars

1969 Dart GT worked 318
4 speed buckets
track record holder st Suffolk Cty Raceway on Long Island for 4 years in I Stock class

This is me on leave from Army in 1970

1bb90919.jpg

1972 340 Demon
Worked motor
Fairbanks reverse pattern torqueflite
buckets/console

These are my 2 sons in 1981 (now 30 and 34)

Resized340DemonMikeandTim.jpg

And of course my current beast looking amazingly like my first one.

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03075.jpg

DSC03098.jpg

That is one fine 69 Dart GTS 440!
congratulations :cheers:

That is one fine 69 Dart GTS 440!
congratulations :cheers:

Thanks alot.

I agree with memike.
And I love the stance your first new Dart has in the pic, some kind of racy look.

Thanks I loved that look back then too!

Front torsion bars all the way up

Rear had Gabriel Hi Jackers air shocks and heavy duty springs

Used to get crazy looks at the air pump when people saw me putting air into my rear license plate frame (which was where I had the valve coming out through the bumper)

-
Back