Got scolded by a neighbor

-
Like I said earlier. I probably was only 5 to 10 over the limit cause I got out of it after I chirped second. My speed limit is 45. The fact of the matter is I was speeding, I did do a hellacious burnout and I scared the $hit out of him. He didn't deserve that so I took one on the chin.But he better not F with me without just cause or I will retaliate on him severely.

Everyone knows that if lil kids are around not to burn tires, and I don't know about anyone else but I don't race on residential streets.

Though If people let their kids play in the street [especially unsupervised], they aren't fit to parent in the 1st place.

Really? And the 16 year old trying out his skate board or bike on the street? Or the kids with no driveways, no yards and the only place to set up the basketball hoop is on the curb? And, of course, that youngster who's playing in the front yard and the ball gets away...nah, don't have to look out for them at all. Ever chased a kid? Know how fast they can run before you get to 'em? Or that kid who's old enough to know better, riding his bike on the sidewalk and decides to dart out in front of traffic without looking, to cross the street. And that still didn't address what I said, with schools at each end of the street, four, five, six year olds walking to school with their older siblings can be pretty damned unpredictable to see if they can get their nine year old brother in trouble. And, yeah, I've gone out on the freakin' street to play football with the kids, because the nearest freakin' park is an old folks concert park not a kids' playing park. It's what kids who live in cities, villages, towns, do.
Nah, it's all the parents' fault because you were watching the tach and not the yards and the sidewalks to make sure the kids were staying put.
I was addressing the general attitudes of "man, the neighbors suck," and not the reasonable attitude of "neat on the street."

if you think thats bad my neighbors recently complained to the cops about my working on my car in the open (i dont have a garage and i rent) now im being threatened with tickets towing and eviction and now have to find a new place to work on my car.

the up side: now its registered

the down sides (besides the obvious) i was about a weekend away from painting it.

this is why i hate living in the vicinity of other people. people in my town are so stuck up and worried about how they look to strangers that they passed a legislation saying that you cant have more than 1 unregistered vehicle on your property in the open i had 3 now that the scamp is registered i have two and again no garage which means i have to register and insure at least one of my other vehicles that i cant drive. sorry for the rant and if i hijacked the thread.
Read the legislation on your city website carefully. sometimes theres exemptions for special purpose vehicles. this is how i beat them in court. i took the white shoe polish added some entry numbers and a dial in on the window and voila ,drag car. exempt from tag laws.works unless your hoa has something written.

I once had someone show up with a baseball bat I laugh at him and said its insured.DO IT AGAIN

Really? And the 16 year old trying out his skate board or bike on the street? Or the kids with no driveways, no yards and the only place to set up the basketball hoop is on the curb? And, of course, that youngster who's playing in the front yard and the ball gets away...nah, don't have to look out for them at all. Ever chased a kid? Know how fast they can run before you get to 'em? Or that kid who's old enough to know better, riding his bike on the sidewalk and decides to dart out in front of traffic without looking, to cross the street. And that still didn't address what I said, with schools at each end of the street, four, five, six year olds walking to school with their older siblings can be pretty damned unpredictable to see if they can get their nine year old brother in trouble. And, yeah, I've gone out on the freakin' street to play football with the kids, because the nearest freakin' park is an old folks concert park not a kids' playing park. It's what kids who live in cities, villages, towns, do.
Nah, it's all the parents' fault because you were watching the tach and not the yards and the sidewalks to make sure the kids were staying put.
I was addressing the general attitudes of "man, the neighbors suck," and not the reasonable attitude of "neat on the street."
With that reasoning-soccer moms should be banished from the street- seen how they drive?

tx. is a right to carry concealed handgun state. not many people pull shovels on ya. lol. thank God i dont live in Chicago. I love my 44 as much as my cars. They all make the testosterone flow.

With that reasoning-soccer moms should be banished from the street- seen how they drive?

In my first post I addressed this, too. Teachers (of all things) flying low on the alley I live on between two schools. Read my first post, please. The attitude of "I'm the most important person in the world so I can do what I want and screw everyone else," needed to be addressed since it seemed to be coming out from some of the responses, like: "I live on a street and the neighbors all suck because they don't like it when I _____."
That being said, what was done has been recognized as an error and been apologized for in public! That takes a lot of guts to come on a website, especially one as opinionated as this one can be. Moparker deserves kudos for that in my opinion. He didn't have to tell us. He didn't even have to tell us about how he felt wrong for doing so. Heck, read the posts and he even admits that his neighbor reacted that way because his neighbor was scared s***less. That's takes a man with real understanding of other people, in my opinion! And it takes a big man to say so in public with every Tom, Dick, and Harry, myself included, putting in his two cents! Nice job!

Like Moparker said he was wrong, but if you want to see your next birthday
don't touch my car, guess I am lucky I live in the country, when I got my Duster fired up I took it out on the road to test it, just lit up the tires (running just headers) and the guy next door runs up his driveway into the middle of the road, I almost hit his a**, he says he is pissed because I did not let him have the first ride, well after the ride he said maybe he should have just watched LOL by the way I am 64 but I love the smell of burning rubber, and there are no kids around here, just me LOL

I say run'em all over:toothy10:

It's a wild and crazy world out here, if your afraid of
everything you should stay on the porch or in
your house.
Stop trying to control and outlaw everything.
If you need something to worry about try cellphone users,
religious nuts and Demacrats.

hey some of us are demacrats...... but two things.
1) i agree that if anyone with hostile intenet touched my car i would undoubtedly beat them to a bloody pulp
and
2) how do you know the guy wasnt doing some yard work or sumthin and jus happened to have the shovel in hand can you be sure he grabbed it an ran out the house like a guy in an angry mob.

I just figured out how Im gonna piss off the crazy ***** next door....

Karma's a ***** lady...

BTW I don't watch the tach, it's a mopar... it'll rev till it's done, then I shift.
AND another BTW Mopar would be god's choice if he had to pick.jmo

tx. is a right to carry concealed handgun state. not many people pull shovels on ya. lol. thank God i dont live in Chicago. I love my 44 as much as my cars. They all make the testosterone flow.

This is why I will be moving to Texas when I move back to the US. I'm a pretty 'liberal' guy by general standards, I live in, and was born in the Netherlands for God's sake! I agree w/ freedom of sexual preference, legalization of weed in a similar way to alcohol. etc. etc.

However I think all of the above can be achieved without everyone's aproval. If EVERYONE used common sense we wouldn't have neighbours with shovels or kids getting hit. Accidents happen but you get my drift?

My sister lives in Corpus Christi Tx, and man, it just seems to be a last vestibule of true freedom in this overly legislated and regulated world.

Like Moparker said he was wrong, but if you want to see your next birthday
don't touch my car, guess I am lucky I live in the country, when I got my Duster fired up I took it out on the road to test it, just lit up the tires (running just headers) and the guy next door runs up his driveway into the middle of the road, I almost hit his a**, he says he is pissed because I did not let him have the first ride, well after the ride he said maybe he should have just watched LOL by the way I am 64 but I love the smell of burning rubber, and there are no kids around here, just me LOL

You inspire me, I hope to doing just the same at 64 and well beyond, as long as my back let's me.

It's a wild and crazy world out here, if your afraid of
everything you should stay on the porch or in
your house.
Stop trying to control and outlaw everything.
If you need something to worry about try cellphone users,
religious nuts and Demacrats.

First off, I completely agree, mostly. DemOcrats aren't the problem, nor are Republicans. It's the lack of a better option and assh*les in general that are the issue, and by religeous nuts you mean crazy *** Christians too right?

Also couldn't you argue that a burnout is a pretty safe thing to, compared to speeding in any case, you're stationary! :-D

He was doing yard work not that far from the street. There is a fence between the street and his yard but it's not much of one. This is why he was so pissed. I'm sure I scared the crap out of him due to him being so close to the road. The shovel could have been left in the yard but it wasn't
for whatever reason. He may have brought it with him for extra security he is an older guy. BTW It is spelled demOcrat and I am one. Let's keep politics out of this.

He was doing yard work not that far from the street. There is a fence between the street and his yard but it's not much of one. This is why he was so pissed. I'm sure I scared the crap out of him due to him being so close to the road. The shovel could have been left in the yard but it wasn't
for whatever reason. He may have brought it with him for extra security he is an older guy. BTW It is spelled demOcrat and I am one. Let's keep politics out of this.

I am keeping politics out of it by mentioning that... that was the idea anyway....

Anyways, I wanna draw more attention to my argument that burnouts are SAFE!

You don't move! :-D

Think he'll swallow that next time?

I was referring to long arms post but there are wackos on both sides of the fence. I did blow by him and probably grabbed second right next to him then got out of it. I just don't want this to turn into a political arguement. Dem or Rep. you guys are my friends and I want to keep it that way.

-
Back