Got scolded by a neighbor

-
I am zoned agriculture but close to a big city. My neighbor is a suburban type who thinks we all have to change to accomodate him now that he lives here. Out here we have dogs that BARK, Roosters that CROW, and cars that make NOISE. If your situation was mine, my neighbor would know...that if he laid a hand on my door, he'd be carrying his shovel home in his teeth.
45 and trying to pull wheelstands in the driveway. :cheers:

My neighbor happens to be the Chief of Police for the town where I live. We live within the city limits. As some of you know I am in the process of building the dart. So I have only the drivers seat installed, no windshield installed, no grille or lights, no tags or plate, no interior or seat belts and the exhaust dumps after some 40 series flowmaster so it is loud. A couple of weeks ago I wanted to drive a couple of blocks to get out of city limits and open it up one more time before I park it for the winter.

When I leave my house my neighbor is not home, so I take it out and rip down a couple of country roads. I had been gone maybe 10 minutes and when I return Chief Johnny McCoy is standing in his driveway and I think "Oh S^%*!". He just gives me a thumbs up and says "It sounds good". I guess that it helps that I fixed his sons car for for free a few weeks ago.

He could have been like my uncle who saw a jeep go speeding by his house and got pissed off (we have a low speed limit in our neighborhood). Next time the jeep came by going to fast he chucked a hammer at it and made contact. They didn't do it again, at least on our street.

It's understandable why he was upset though. The reason my uncle got mad is because I live accross the street from their house and was young at the time. He didn't want a little kid getting killed by a speeding driver.

Now you just have to do your burnouts in his driveway! Just kidding of course...

I was in the wrong I no, so that is why I let him say his piece.

Up here you WILL get a ticket for "exhibition of speed" for doing that. Yeah, I was shocked too. You don't have to break the speed limit either. Stupid is as stupid does.

Wylde1.
Here in GA it's called laying drag and frown on it heavily. My house is up for ale also and I would love nothing more than to piss my neighbors off.

I was in the wrong I no, so that is why I let him say his piece.
I'm almost 59, and if I stopped, and some azz opened my door with a shovel in his hand; I would tell him- don't touch the car, and the next time I see that shovel, it will be 911 time, to extract it from your azz.
Hey, you were under the limit.
I'm still laughing about the shovel- too long to swing.
AC/DC is good with beer, too.

...and for good reason.

I like "playing" too, but people need to use some sense when doing so (if that isn't an oxymoron I don't know what is). Go do it on an empty highway somewhere. NOT in a residential zone. That's just foolish/ignorant.

The only time I lay down any rubber is in my drive way ( it's up hill ). For the most part I'm clean and keep to myself... if my neighbors have a problem with me or my cars they can suck my balls. The guy that was living next to me was 10X worse than I am.... Bob was cool :) we got along great. In the winter I do burn outs in the street leading to my driveway since the A-hole plow truck make an iceburg infront of my driveway.... Hey that's how I break it up.... '05 Ram HEMI Ice breaker! lmao

I did a burnout in front of my house with the Duster and wound it out to chirp second then got out of it. I turned around down the street and headed home. I was met by this guy in the street with a shovel in his hand. I stopped he opened the door and asked if I could obey the soeed limit. I apologized and said he is right. I have done maybe 3 or 4 bunouts in 12 years. I just got the urge. I also never speed up and down the street. Again just had an urge. Truth be known I probably was only about 5 to 10 over but, with the burnout and all it seemed much faster. The speed limit is 45 or 40. I don't blame him. 41 years old and still pissing off the public. I think Ill go listen to Nirvana live and drink some beer.

Law is the law, but dude if you actually open my car door and start telling me sht, You'll have some real trouble... and it aint no speed limit bs

If anyone thinks they can lay hands on someone's car, let alone walk up and open the door holding a shovel? well....Don't hold on too tight cause if you ain't dragged to the ground when you grab ahold, you surely won't dig your fingers/hand being laid open/cut off by my 'bloody mary' =carpet knife that I have in every car I drive.

Get a badge, then come preach the law....is what I say.

Reminds me... years ago, I did a burnout in my garage (w/ linelok), a neighbor came over to see if my garage was on fire! lol! He was a car guy, he laughed. It took forever to clear the smoke, I couldn't open anything other than the door to get cross-flow.

Been watching this post for a couple of days and have to admit I'm glad that you can admit being wrong. That's being a real man who can come out in public and own up to it. Proud of you.
Some others who don't get the situation I have to tell you that I'm pretty sensitive to this kind of thing. My street is really just a two way alley that dead ends in a Catholic elementary school parking lot. On the other end of the street is one of the city's public elementary schools. We don't have many kids who live on the street, but thanks to both schools we have a lot of kids walking to and from. It pisses me off to no end to watch the neighbor's kid's 20something year old friends fly up and down the street with little to no regard for the fact this is a residential neighbor which sees a lot of kids before and after school hours. What pisses me off even more is when the teachers and parents do it! They act like this little alley is the freaking straightaway at the Brickyard. Just a rhetorical question, but is it really that important to get where you're going that you're willing to risk the lives of children?
The street where Jamison lives has to the local volunteer fire companies station on it. These idiots insisted on building the new firehall at the end of a residential street! What's the result? The arrogance of the idiots who go to the end of the block to drink....err, answer fire calls feel free to speed through a residential neighborhood where there are a lot of kids! Jamison's stepdad's son almost got hit by one who blew the stop sign at the end of the street, speeding to the firehall, and never slowed down when he saw the kids in the street, never gave them time to clear the street! That day the idiots were put on notice, call or not, if they didn't obey the traffic laws through there (they have to, even with the volunteer blue lights) I would personally meet them after they returned from the call to drag 'em out of the truck and beat the living hell out of 'em. Jamison neighbor, who's one of the volunteers, is sick of the way they drive, too, and let's 'em all know about it.
Seriously, since you did a burnout, I wouldn't call that a serious infraction, but come on guys, if there's a risk of hurting a child could you live with that?

Glad I don't live near all the do gooders and whiney asses.
If he'd come in the street with his shovel, I'da aimed for him and
chased him back up in the yard.
Candyass crybabies.

stuff 079.jpg

stuff 080.jpg

stuff 077.jpg

i had a naber lady like that miss goody to shoes i was at the store one day and her car was broke down.she sees me and ask me to look at it yep dead battery and i had no jumper cables.and guess what car i was in you got the one she raised hell about i offered to take her home and she agreed so i got her milk and bag with ice cream and told her i was parked at the end of the row.so she fallowed me wen we got to the car she says omy i said it wont hurt you.she gets in and she said you don't have a radio or heater i said no you wouldnt here it any ways.so away we go come up to an intersection and a car almost hits us she hollers man that the stuff that makes me mad. so me being as pissed:cheers: as i was i stood on it puled it in second gear and she grabs hold of my leg and i know you wont believe this but she says I think i had an orgasm and screams wow! i all most fainted. so i got her home and she said that was the wildest thing she has ever done.a week later her husband comes over and ask were he can find a car that's like that i leafed to my self.they now have a 68gtx with a440 in it and go to all the cruses.since then i moved to the MTs,and they come visit.

That is awesome haha!

Anyhow,
Best place to do that sorta stuff is in an industrial area late
at night where no one is around.
Bad neighbours can be a REAL pain in the arse...

I'm 28 now, and with any luck in 50 years I'll still be hunting for burnout grounds...

So you pulled a quickie in a residential area, I'm sure you had a good look around first, either way you admitted you were wrong, no one got 'hurt' and that's that.

You don't build/own a car like this to take it easy. These are wonderfully glorious beautifull tireshredding machines, meant to be driven.

I have one too many nosy neighbours and some who like what I do.

I wish I could use my immediate area as a playground but there's an elementary school around the corner.

I stick to industrial estates after hours just because it limits me running into anything.

Common sense, but hell, last night, I stomped on it at the end of my street to see if it would burn rubber (new engine). It did gloriously :)

My truck makes my Dart sound like a whimp. Being in Europe there are even more fart cans and boom boomers, they piss me off 'cause they go double the speedlimit all the time. That's dangerous ****.

Anyhoo, have fun man. You're a grown man.

I find that a 1 1/4" wrench is a good deterrent for those unwanted people who even think about touching my car.

That might be the part that pisses me off about your story, that he touched your car, that's condescending, not to mention stupid.

my dang car doesnt burn out well...with the automatic... It just hooks and goes.... power braking works but scares me.

-RPM

Hell, I live in the middle of nowhere on 50 acres and still have nosy neighbors! They can have 20 junkers spread across their yards but I'm a "hood" because I like fast cars and bikes. I try not to speed for on my road for fear of stray cows and tractors. Their latest rumor is I'm some sort of "Drugman" cause I'm fairly young and have alot of toys. I guess they can not accept that some guys work hard and spend their funds wisely. It works to my advantage 'cause now they are scared to come around my place!! :snakeman:

I sure don't have to worry about them coming out in the street with a shovel!

Been watching this post for a couple of days and have to admit I'm glad that you can admit being wrong. That's being a real man who can come out in public and own up to it. Proud of you.
Some others who don't get the situation I have to tell you that I'm pretty sensitive to this kind of thing. My street is really just a two way alley that dead ends in a Catholic elementary school parking lot. On the other end of the street is one of the city's public elementary schools. We don't have many kids who live on the street, but thanks to both schools we have a lot of kids walking to and from. It pisses me off to no end to watch the neighbor's kid's 20something year old friends fly up and down the street with little to no regard for the fact this is a residential neighbor which sees a lot of kids before and after school hours. What pisses me off even more is when the teachers and parents do it! They act like this little alley is the freaking straightaway at the Brickyard. Just a rhetorical question, but is it really that important to get where you're going that you're willing to risk the lives of children?
The street where Jamison lives has to the local volunteer fire companies station on it. These idiots insisted on building the new firehall at the end of a residential street! What's the result? The arrogance of the idiots who go to the end of the block to drink....err, answer fire calls feel free to speed through a residential neighborhood where there are a lot of kids! Jamison's stepdad's son almost got hit by one who blew the stop sign at the end of the street, speeding to the firehall, and never slowed down when he saw the kids in the street, never gave them time to clear the street! That day the idiots were put on notice, call or not, if they didn't obey the traffic laws through there (they have to, even with the volunteer blue lights) I would personally meet them after they returned from the call to drag 'em out of the truck and beat the living hell out of 'em. Jamison neighbor, who's one of the volunteers, is sick of the way they drive, too, and let's 'em all know about it.
Seriously, since you did a burnout, I wouldn't call that a serious infraction, but come on guys, if there's a risk of hurting a child could you live with that?

Everyone knows that if lil kids are around not to burn tires, and I don't know about anyone else but I don't race on residential streets.

Though If people let their kids play in the street [especially unsupervised], they aren't fit to parent in the 1st place.

:wack:
The problem with kids is they come out of nowhere, and they are usually running as fast as they can.
Surely no kid ever went in the road (or crossed the road) when their parents specifically told them not to. :roll:

I didn't think keeping the 'rodding' off the residential streets and either in your own yard or on the highways would be met with such opposition.
I used to wish more hot rodders/muscle car guys lived in my area. After reading this I'm glad most of you people live far away.
:toothy10:

Glad I don't live near all the do gooders and whiney asses.
If he'd come in the street with his shovel, I'da aimed for him and
chased him back up in the yard.
Candyass crybabies.
I've done that before in turbo charged Impulse. The smoke was so bad I couldn't find my way around the shop. I have to say, that Impulse was the baddest little four cylinder I've ever been in.

Dude! My neighbor at the end of the street is a cop with an attitude. The first time I did a burn out, he ran out in the middle of the road to stop me and tell me that he was going to write me a ticket. Can they do that when they are off duty? Anyway, now he brings home the stupid radar trailer from work.

PICT0212.jpg

:wack:
The problem with kids is they come out of nowhere, and they are usually running as fast as they can.
Surely no kid ever went in the road (or crossed the road) when their parents specifically told them not to. :roll:

I didn't think keeping the 'rodding' off the residential streets and either in your own yard or on the highways would be met with such opposition.
I used to wish more hot rodders/muscle car guys lived in my area. After reading this I'm glad most of you people live far away.
:toothy10:

My sentiments exactly. :cheers:

Went to work today and told my story. It pretty much was like this post has been. Some guys were like F him he's not a cop. Others were like You did the right thing admitting you were wrong to keep the piece. I admit him opening my car door made me uneasy but it came out ok. Now if he calls the man on me when I'm just going down the road and he thinks I'm speeding then there will be problems.

Dude! My neighbor at the end of the street is a cop with an attitude. The first time I did a burn out, he ran out in the middle of the road to stop me and tell me that he was going to write me a ticket. Can they do that when they are off duty? Anyway, now he brings home the stupid radar trailer from work.

THAT sucks. I'd be tempted to set that thing a light at night sometime... but that's not a good idea.

I have a cop as a neighbour, I had a Chevy with straightpipes, asked him if it was too loud and if he'd pull me over if he were patrolling, he answered 'only to compliment you on the truck'...

I, too, am getting tired of people telling me how "not" to drive.

On each route to/from work, I've had people give me crap about speeding. In the Dart. They don't say anything about my Mazda PU, my F-250 with the HiPo 460, or in the wife's Tracker. It's not like I drive any differently in any of the aforementioned vehicles. But the Dart sounds fast.

Each route, I have to slow down to cross the train tracks. Both are on an uphill grade, the road home is a steeper grade.

I cross the tracks at about 30kph, (about 20mph) or less. Sure I open it up in first gear once across, but in two house lengths there is no way that I am over the 60kph (40mph) speed limit. My Dart isn't that fast. Yet.

Just last week, a guy follows me to work. He's pissed cause I'm speeding through a "School Zone". Which it isn't, it's 60kph. Jackass :thebirdm:, he's lucky he didn't get out of his truck.

Oh, and I can do burn-outs to my hearts content around my house. Got at least a quarter mile of nothing but trees. :toothy10:

-
Back