Got some baselines at the 1320 now some help

-

purpleheart0189

Reaction score
So I got my car out this weekend it ran great but had a weird issue
It seemed that after the 1/8 the car fell In It's face had a lean spike then picked back up if the site lets me post a few slips the. U will see what I mean 11.5 and only 112 mph

Thanks gents

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 364
Fuel cell
-8 from cell to , regulator, to carb
My pump is holly black
I was thinking the same thing just wanted to consult the board

Fuel used and what were the A/F readings?

It leaves pretty decent and starts losing time by 330 and on.

@crackedback
It seems to really have a lean spike right into third
But the times seem slow thru the whole pass and every pass was like that

So do u recommend a new pump ,or???

What are you using for fuel?

What were the A/F reading through the run?

Without those two answered, no clue on what to suggest.

A black pump in good shape should feed most any N/A SB engine under 600hp.

Fuel: pump gas
A/f 12.5 top of third has a lean spike
26/10.5 slicks
Launch rpm 1600
Shift at 6800
Gear 3:91
Tire wrinkle , hooks hard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 267
Pump gas, fatten it up, more jet in both ends. Make sure you keep it balanced. 12.5 has been lean in my experience with California pump swill.

Try to get a fuel pressure gauge you can view as you run.

When i plug in your numbers you have 10 to 12% slip in verter. (warn you i am not an expert but this my also be why your MPH is low)
I know this doesn't help with your potential fuel issue.
Also play with moving your shift points down to get the car in high gear sooner. That should help with the trap speed.

Going lean at the top of third is a fuel supply volume issue, isn't it?

(kind of like a plugging up fuel filter acts)
I'm not saying it's a fuel filter plugging up, but the same effect (inadequate volume at the highest demand)

Going lean at the top of third is a fuel supply volume issue, isn't it?

(kind of like a plugging up fuel filter acts)
I'm not saying it's a fuel filter plugging up, but the same effect (inadequate volume at the highest demand)

I have seen cars run out of fuel (emptying the flote bowls, then pic back up when the they start filling again. ??

NICE CAR!! I like it a lot! I am assuming stock body - as in no fiberglass - so I calculated 3500lbs. @ 112.92mph - - you're pushing about 393hp - sound right? If the car is 3400lbs. the same mph would be about 382hp. - if those hp # are close to what you think you have - you are running just about what you should be - - what's under the hood? How much does the car weigh?
So I got my car out this weekend it ran great but had a weird issue
It seemed that after the 1/8 the car fell In It's face had a lean spike then picked back up if the site lets me post a few slips the. U will see what I mean 11.5 and only 112 mph

Thanks gents

as a point of reference - a stock 1970 340 Duster
0-60 in 6.2 seconds (automatic tested)
0-100 in 17.5 seconds
Quarter mile in 14.72 @ 94.24 mph

Here is a time slip from when I had my GTX. 3690lbs with me in it. Just a comparison for you because the 1.57 60 ft. Times were close.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1440809249414-1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 153
IMO - the line from from tank to pump should be -12, from pump to regulator -10,. -8 is good for regulator to carb bowls. It sounds like it's running out. You'll know if you add jet and it goes lean earlier.
You should also make sure the flow rate is what it should be. Take the carb lines and run them into a bucket. Turn on the pump and time how long it takes to fill up 1/5 of it.

We run AN-8 from tank to regulator and then -6 to the carb.....and we are pushing E85 with a 140 gph pump.....since they are for the track only the regulator is dead headed..

-
Back