Got the 340 Pie Tin !!!!! pics

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Deffinately finishes the air-cleaner off.

Picture 324.jpg

Picture 326.jpg

Oh yah, that look really sharp! and I see you got the fuel filter changed :tongue9:

Hey! thats sweeet! I love it! I was looking for the black wrinkle finish air cleaners and found noone has these things???...Where did you find yours?

suregrip391

The wrinkle finish is a paint that is sprayed on. I bought 2 cans of it to do my air cleaner on my 69 Dart. I also used it to refinish by dash shell. It's expensive paint thats for sure but it's the only way you can get that factory look on the air cleaner or the dash. The price was $40.00 for a spray can. I hated to cough up the dough but on a total resto I wanted it to look right when I got it done.

RT

johnny dart that really looks nice! you have really inspired me on my dart. i like the 340 look on the 318. the casual observer will never know the difference. what is next for it? keep it up the good work!

where did you find the pie tin? I am looking for a 360 4 bbl and can't find.
jeff

360 4-bbl engine pie tin part #P4876416

360 Magnum pie tin part #P4876414........

Both are orange,both available at your Dodge dealer.

Paint:Krylon wrinkle paint....around $5.00 a can.

Thanks for the replies......Gotta go to work...................

my air cleaner came with the car but i think it is available from AutoZone for el cheapo. I got the sticker for $8

i told my brother, "It's amazing what $8 can do for an engine."

Johnny, maybe you should paint the intake with some very high temp chysler blue. That would be sweet too.

Looks great !

FYI 71 and older used the tins. 72 and up used the sticker.

Dave,
I plan on painting the intake the color of the motor,however I want to paint the motor Hemi orange.So someday when I pull the motor I will paint the whole she-bang.......

She-bang,is that a word?....LOL.

She-bang,is that a word?....LOL.[/QUOTE]

Only if your name is William Hung....LOL (Lets see who remembers this guy, ha!)

I bought mine through Mopar Performance. I bought the entire,er whole she-bang. It comes complete with a filter, and wingnut,and stud. A week later, my buddy gave me a complete original.Nice timing.

-
Back