Got the engine in

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
I had a chance to do some work on the cuda over the weekend.I put the engine,trans,rear and headers in How do it look so far, Mark

DSC00150.JPG

DSC00151.JPG

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00158.JPG

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00160.JPG

Very good weekend! Tell us about the engine, it looks great. Any more pics of the car?

Very good weekend! Tell us about the engine, it looks great. Any more pics of the car?
The engine is a 500ci from a 440.All the goodies in it,edelbrock str14,Indy 440sr heads,6speed viper trans.and a 8 3/4 with 4.56s.I have a dana from a 70 roadrunner that I am going to have cut down but I don,t if it will A body stock length or not. Mark

That sounds awesome. what did you do for carb linkage? Did you have to make it or do you have the correct edelbrock linkage? I ask because I'm doing a similar build with a str-15 and don't have any linkage. If you have any pictures that would be great. Keep up the good work, will be looking forward to seeing your progress.

That sounds awesome. what did you do for carb linkage? Did you have to make it or do you have the correct edelbrock linkage? I ask because I'm doing a similar build with a str-15 and don't have any linkage. If you have any pictures that would be great. Keep up the good work, will be looking forward to seeing your progress.
The linkage setup tas from offenhauser.I think the part no# was 5590.Mark OffenhauserManufacturer Part Number: 5590OffenhauserManufacturer Part Number: 5590

Hi all I did a update on this post.I am working on the car thrugh the holliday.I hope you like the progress. Mark

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00167.JPG

DSC00177.jpg

Looks good. dont care much for the headers but you sure cut your hole for them better than most that I see. Keep up the nice work.

Looks good. dont care much for the headers but you sure cut your hole for them better than most that I see. Keep up the nice work.
I know what you mean but when I was getting parts together nobody made headers for the Indy-SR heads.These are costom made.I am trying to figure out how I am going to do the exhaust. Mark

What size pipes on those headers? Did you make them yourself?

It looks great.

What size pipes on those headers? Did you make them yourself?

It looks great.
Thanks brad.The headers are custom made for the SR heads.They are 2 1/4" . I wanted chassis headers but at the time no one made them. Mark

-
Back