Got to go play at Xtreme Raceway Park again Sunday

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Another successful TNT session at Xtreme today. I think I'm ready for the 1st race of the season. We had no issues and the car was very consistent. 3 of the 4 passes were the same E.T.
Here is a typical pass:

You may notice in the video that reaction time and e.t. were not posted for the left lane. Over 50% of the cars that come to this track for tnt ask for "NO Time" on their window. Why do people do this? Embarrassment? Don't want their heads up competitors to know how they're doing? Other? Any thoughts?
At my old track in Central Texas a bunch of guys would show up on Friday nights in their newer street cars, park them together, open up the hoods and stand if front of them with their arms folded. They would never make a pass! When it came time for the street shootout, they would leave. What's up with that?

We get some "no time" racers at my local 1/8 MI, they are invariably fast street racer types.
Had to laugh last Thursday. Twin turbo LS Fox body mustang, n/t. Makes a lap, VERY fast, no time on the board from his pass.
But! The board has a running record displayed in between passes showing the fastest time of the day. Right after Mr.Fox made his lap, fastest pass dropped well over a half second. I wonder if Mr Fox knows they gave his game away. (He ran 5.15, no mph).
Lots of our N/T racers run to 330, and click it off, to avoid such an oops. The 330 time will tell them what they need to know.
(I'll bet yours was 4.05-4.10?)

Last edited:
”NO Time" on their window. Why do people do this?
They want to keep there numbers secret
Embarrassment?
Doubtful but there pears may rub them
Don't want their heads up competitors to know how they're doing?
Exactly
Other? Any thoughts?
Most people that race the back all say ways or way off the beaten path side roads and industrial parks keep their ride info to themselves so they can gauge who and who not to race or bet against. These races are mist just heads up but a lot of times they ask for the leave or a cars length head start.

The way I did it was heads up, not giving you anything, arm drop and go, no crying or excuses, be ready at the line or don’t bother me. Video finish with the third party deciding winner. The third party consisted of the arm drop man, finish line man, money man.

At my old track in Central Texas a bunch of guys would show up on Friday nights in their newer street cars, park them together, open up the hoods and stand if front of them with their arms folded. They would never make a pass! When it came time for the street shootout, they would leave. What's up with that?
Just getting together and hanging out I’d guess.

They want to keep there numbers secret

Doubtful but there pears may rub them

Exactly

Most people that race the back all say ways or way off the beaten path side roads and industrial parks keep their ride info to themselves so they can gauge who and who not to race or bet against. These races are mist just heads up but a lot of times they ask for the leave or a cars length head start.

The way I did it was heads up, not giving you anything, arm drop and go, no crying or excuses, be ready at the line or don’t bother me. Video finish with the third party deciding winner. The third party consisted of the arm drop man, finish line man, money man.

Just getting together and hanging out I’d guess.
Don't know what difference it makes if you don't know the other guy's times either. I could see where they might be trying different things and want to see what makes you go faster and what doesn't. Personally if I am then going to take that car and race it illegally I would want to test it on a no prep track to simulate street conditions. There is probably something they can put on their tires to make them stick on a public road, I really don't know, I don't follow any of the illeagall stuff. Last time I did that I was 18.

You may notice in the video that reaction time and e.t. were not posted for the left lane. Over 50% of the cars that come to this track for tnt ask for "NO Time" on their window. Why do people do this? Embarrassment? Don't want their heads up competitors to know how they're doing? Other? Any thoughts?
Question 1. Same here at both tracks, money runs Saturday night and they don't want there times advertised my Flarida friend.
Question 2. Some faster cars showed up so they leave and save there money maybe Gurt. I hear tell you drove the car there ? Or did you just drive it to the other track for pictures?
Have a great evening brother, looks and sounds like you and your team is ready :thumbsup: if you gathered a crew yet ?

If this were racing and not TNT, I would wanna know the other guys time. To know if he broke out.

If this were racing and not TNT, I would wanna know the other guys time. To know if he broke out.
No such thing as racing here without a dial in on the window, and a number on the finish line boards, and a time slip.(No heads up classes).
The n/t guys NEVER show up for the real (track) races.

-
Back