gray hound shipping ????

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
some one please school me on this ...i have someone that wants my 8 3/4 and need it shipped ..thanks mike:glasses7:

yes, most all greyhound do ship, but the total weight cannot exceed 100 lbs. also, you will never get a exact shipping quote till you get there. trust me. just take item there boxed up, and they do the rest. you need all the buyers info and phone number, and all your info also. thats it!

ok thanks guys it not the whole rear just a houseing..i think about 65lbs will weight it tomm. but thanks on the help mike:prayer:

the deal is you take it to greyhound depot
they get it to the destination when they have extra room in the bus
then it has to be picked up from the depot

the website is very accurate for quotes.

I just shipped some fenders from detroit to coneticut for 60 ... where everyobne else was shipping for 200 +. Just brought the fenders wrapped up and put the receivers name address and telephone number on the package in super size letters.
they charged me $62 so i ate the 2 bucks.

I've had good luck with their shipping but luckily I live about 15 minutes from a terminal

We shipped a rear seat, top and bottom together, out of an 69 A-body through them and it was boxed nice and tight ( built our own box) and it was shipped from Southern Michigan to Maryland........ it was 85.00 and that included a fuel surcharge. So, alway's check with them first so you don't get burned!:eek:ops:

man thats cheap for shipping..seems as the ups store has jumped there price way up..

I had a door shipped to me from Texas, and received it with no damage or problems. Have buyer check with their local terminal though. They were supposed to call me when the door arrived, and didn't. I went by there to check, and it had been there for 5 days. It came from Texas to Virginia in 2 days, but I never received a phone call to tell me it had arrived.

man thats cheap for shipping..seems as the ups store has jumped there price way up..
The UPS Store makes their money off of "additional services" like boxing items, preparing for shipment, delivery confirmation (which is standard with UPS anyway), insurance etc. They are more expensive than UPS because of the way they add charges for their services. My wife worked for a shipping service that became a UPS store and quit shortly after because so many people thought they were using UPS and then got angry when they discovered how expensive it is to use the UPS Store.

so if i get this right ..the ups store has a diff. price then the ups itself???????i think thats what im reading from your post..if so im glad to find that out..i have used them before cause it was closer but i thought it was higher then the time i shipped before but just fig. prices had changed..

The UPS Store makes their money by adding charges to the basic UPS shipping. If you can find the actual UPS depot and determine what odd hours they are open for public shipping you can ship for the standard UPS shipping rates.

If you have large items that are relatively light weight vs volume the bus is a good method. I ship items fairly regularly with the bus lines. Doors, trunk lids, seats etc. are good candidates and are usually less expensive than other shippers on that type of items.

I have used both with good luck just put it in a 5gal.bucket put a hole on each side above yoke then put a peace of 1/4inch all thred threw the hole a little loctite on threds take the sharp edges of and ship :cheers:.......Artie

-
Back