Great news mopar racers

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
295e914e-9750-4d14-a16f-ab030a83628c.jpg
Summit Motorsports Park-Produced Mopar Event to Debut in 2023​
Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio is pleased to introduce its very own incredibly inspired Mopar event.

The name of the event, its sponsors, categories and other information will be shared at a later date, but for now, mark your calendars for Sept. 21-24, 2023, and be part of this event with a distinct Summit Motorsports Park stamp on it.

“The Summit Motorsports Park team is in the process of conceptualizing this brand-new event, and we couldn’t be more enthusiastic about it,” said Bill Bader Jr., president of Summit Motorsports Park. “We are also exploring everything that makes other Summit Motorsports Park-produced events successful so that we can insert select elements into this new event to make it stand out while also standing the test of time.”

Please watch our website and social media for the launch of the name of the event, its sponsors, categories and other information.

Summit Motorsports Park is at 1300 State Route 18, Norwalk, Ohio. For more information, visit summitmotorsportspark.com or call 419-668-5555.

Mary Lendzion
Summit Motorsports Park Media​

Dallas area Mopar club used to sponsor a Mopar only drag race at Texas Motorplex, but they haven't done it since COVID. I hope they bring it back, it was a really fun race!

Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio is pleased to introduce its very own incredibly inspired Mopar event.

The name of the event, its sponsors, categories and other information will be shared at a later date, but for now, mark your calendars for Sept. 21-24, 2023, and be part of this event with a distinct Summit Motorsports Park stamp on it.

“The Summit Motorsports Park team is in the process of conceptualizing this brand-new event, and we couldn’t be more enthusiastic about it,” said Bill Bader Jr., president of Summit Motorsports Park. “We are also exploring everything that makes other Summit Motorsports Park-produced events successful so that we can insert select elements into this new event to make it stand out while also standing the test of time.”

Please watch our website and social media for the launch of the name of the event, its sponsors, categories and other information.

Summit Motorsports Park is at 1300 State Route 18, Norwalk, Ohio. For more information, visit summitmotorsportspark.com or call 419-668-5555.

Mary Lendzion
Hell yes! See you all there. We will need to try to come out and support it if possible, to help make sure it is a success. I will start saving up for fuel now.

I guess this must be why the cancelled the Monster Mopar event this year and replaced it with a tractor and truck pull...

I love it that Norwalk gets there schedule out so early so guys can plan vacation time or race weekends. I already have a calendar or two sitting here waiting for some race dates.

Thanks For Sharing! I took my Disco Wagon A few years ago to the July Mopar Show At SMP - did not do any racing, just show n shine as well as Swap meet.

Mary Lendzion

Now you just have to quit making excuses and actually go.
Every year you tell me , oh, it doesn’t pay enough money, oh, think I will go to a big money race, etc, etc, etc. How long has it been since you actually went? 10 years? Longer
Like I always tell you, it’s worth it just to see Mopar friends, and unless you win money, what the payouts are really don’t matter a whole bunch.
Hope to see you there, wife I were sponsors last few years, gonna talk to the track and maybe do so again, with the Bader’s

Last edited:
I guess this must be why the cancelled the Monster Mopar event this year and replaced it with a tractor and truck pull...
has zero to do with it.
There were major issues with the promoter, that is the reason the plug was pulled. I know this for a fact, it isn’t speculation.
Had there not been, the event would have continued on, like it had forever.

Now you just have to quit making excuses and actually go.
Every year you tell me , oh, it doesn’t pay enough money, oh, think I will go to a big money race, etc, etc, etc. How long has it been since you actually went? 10 years? Longer
Like I always tell you, it’s worth it just to see Mopar friends, and unless you win money, what the payouts are really don’t matter a whole bunch.
Hope to see you there, wife and I have been sponsors last few years, gonna talk to the track and maybe do so again, with the Bader’s

I usually snap a few pictures so I have dates to remember for races I go to. I quickly checked but will have to research it further. I can remember exactly where I parked (across from the trucking place). One year after that I paid to go but got sick and one year I gave 50.00 to the number one qualifier on Saturdays small tire class. It was hard to justify driving 200 miles each way when there were three 15,000.00 races 42 miles from home at my local track.

I usually snap a few pictures so I have dates to remember for races I go to. I quickly checked but will have to research it further. I can remember exactly where I parked (across from the trucking place). One year after that I paid to go but got sick and one year I gave 50.00 to the number one qualifier on Saturdays small tire class. It was hard to justify driving 200 miles each way when there were three 15,000.00 races 42 miles from home at my local track.

The only time I have met you was at that race. I know I didn’t have my current car then, so that is 6 years. Think it was the first year I had my white Duster with the 318 in it.
that said, I missed I think one year where I didn’t go, didn’t have a car that year, that was 9-10 years ago.
Hope you can make it, lots of fun. I just worry about the weather at that time. Remember it used to be during this time, we had a lot of rain issues back then, seasons kinda go through a change right about then.
Plus it’s the week right after Moparty, but, hope to be at both, Lord willing!

Again, you just have to be honest with yourself. Are you a guy who typically wins money at big money events?
if you arent( I know I’m not) it’s actually better odds at Mopar events. Plus it’s Mopars. Lots of guys are ducks who hardly ever race, so it’s actually easier to get in the money.
Heck even a dummy like me won a race last time they had it there.

Last edited:
The only time I have met you was at that race. I know I didn’t have my current car then, so that is 6 years. Think it was the first year I had my white Duster with the 318 in it.
that said, I missed I think one year where I didn’t go, didn’t have a car that year, that was 9-10 years ago.
Hope you can make it, lots of fun. I just worry about the weather at that time. Remember it used to be during this time, we had a lot of rain issues back then, seasons kinda go through a change right about then.
Plus it’s the week right after Moparty, but, hope to be at both, Lord willing!

Again, you just have to be honest with yourself. Are you a guy who typically wins money at big money events?
if you arent( I know I’m not) it’s actually better odds at Mopar events. Plus it’s Mopars. Lots of guys are ducks who hardly ever race, so it’s actually easier to get in the money.
Heck even a dummy like me won a race last time they had it there.
C'mon Don...I resent being called a duck!! I prefer "1st round challenged!!"

Good news Mopar racers, dang I thought you were going to say mapar parts are now cheaper than small block shivy

That is great news! And that’s my birthday weekend. It’s a bit of a haul from the frozen tundra of Maine but I am definitely thinking about it!

-
Back