Great Price 67-76 Mopar A-Body Complete Stainless X Pipe System Hooker Blackheart 2.5" & 3" - Under $400 & Free Shipping

-

'Cuda_ragtop

Woulda, Shoulda, 'Cuda!
Reaction score
Has been mentioned in a few other threads but I thought it deserved it's own thread.
Free shipping from their EBay Store.
BH23111 2.5" Exhaust System with X Pipe $378.61
BH23112 - 3" Exhaust System with X Pipe $371.05

From the Holley website,
"For 1967-1974 Mopar A-Body cars with V8 engine. Aggressive to moderate sound - 2.5" - Fits Vehicles with 108" Wheelbase"

Picture of their 2.5" system. Comes with turndown tail pipes but they do sell A-Body style 2.5" and 3" tips too.
1706996723163.png

I bought the 2.5" system. The X pipe I received look a little different than the one they picture.
Looks more like a hybrid cross between and H and an X.
This is what came in my kit.
Inside the crossover they didn't make a very big hole, I'll be fixing that...
1706996980458.png

1706997136996.png

1706997148703.png

I'll be slicing it open here and opening up both of the longer pipes to the welds, shown by the blue line above..
1706997269324.png

This is the one they picture on their web site.
1706997029296.png

Still, a great price for either 2.5" or 3" complete crossmember back, all mandrel bends, 304 stainless system plus clamps, hangers and stainless mufflers too. UNDER $400 bucks with Free shipping! Plus sales tax for those of us that have sales tax.

I was thinking about buying a second set just because... ;-)

More pics from the Holley web site: Mopar A-Body Holley BH23111 2.5" X Pipe Exhaust System

1706997708561.png

1706997742865.png

1706997780268.png

That is an H pipe, IDGAF what Holley says it is.
I’d return it if I opened up the box and seen that.
That’s just me.

Not an X pipe!

Yea. Keep us updated with your progress.
I agree. If I bought an X pipe, I'd expect an X-pipe. An H is a balance tube and sets up the harmonic if placement is correct. An X-pipe is supposed to add some flow sharing.

I was interested the tail pipe but from the pics thats not set up to hang from the factory floor pan and frame rail brackets. And as anyone with a '67 knows, the position and clearance is different than '68 due to the tank strap.

Has been mentioned in a few other threads but I thought it deserved it's own thread.
Free shipping from their EBay Store.
BH23111 2.5" Exhaust System with X Pipe $378.61
BH23112 - 3" Exhaust System with X Pipe $371.05

From the Holley website,
"For 1967-1974 Mopar A-Body cars with V8 engine. Aggressive to moderate sound - 2.5" - Fits Vehicles with 108" Wheelbase"

Picture of their 2.5" system. Comes with turndown tail pipes but they do sell A-Body style 2.5" and 3" tips too.
View attachment 1716201523

I bought the 2.5" system. The X pipe I received look a little different than the one they picture.
Looks more like a hybrid cross between and H and an X.
This is what came in my kit.
Inside the crossover they didn't make a very big hole, I'll be fixing that...
View attachment 1716201525

View attachment 1716201528

View attachment 1716201529
I'll be slicing it open here and opening up both of the longer pipes to the welds, shown by the blue line above..
View attachment 1716201530
This is the one they picture on their web site.
View attachment 1716201526

Still, a great price for either 2.5" or 3" complete crossmember back, all mandrel bends, 304 stainless system plus clamps, hangers and stainless mufflers too. UNDER $400 bucks with Free shipping! Plus sales tax for those of us that have sales tax.

I was thinking about buying a second set just because... ;-)

More pics from the Holley web site: Mopar A-Body Holley BH23111 2.5" X Pipe Exhaust System

View attachment 1716201541

View attachment 1716201542

View attachment 1716201543

Did you reach out to Holley about the “X” pipe?

I bought a set this last weekend. Going to need an exhaust for my ‘73 G3 swap project and can’t imagine getting a better price anywhere. Regardless of the bait and switch on the cross over.

Did you reach out to Holley about the “X” pipe?
Nope, don't even care. Dual with X or H or neither, I still would have ordered it.

1707254783918.png

I have no problem with Holley calling this an X pipe... It's easy to see the "X" exhaust flow path.
There is potential for quite a large crossover opening here too but not as shipped... easy fix.
I look at this and it's closer to the X than the H. Either way, I really don't care what they call it.
I'll be cutting in electric cutouts for when we want it loud or max HP.
The rest of the time, it's going to be sleeper quiet.
That means we probably won't be using the little Holley straight through mufflers either.
Monroe Swap meet in May 2024. Probably find a buyer for them there. ;-)
I'll be set up as a vendor there again this year.
1707255187497.png

Nope, don't even care. Dual with X or H or neither, I still would have ordered it.

View attachment 1716203283
I have no problem with Holley calling this an X pipe... It's easy to see the "X" exhaust flow path.
There is potential for quite a large crossover opening here too but not as shipped... easy fix.
I look at this and it's closer to the X than the H. Either way, I really don't care what they call it.
I'll be cutting in electric cutouts for when we want it loud or max HP.
The rest of the time, it's going to be sleeper quiet.
That means we probably won't be using the little Holley straight through mufflers either.
Monroe Swap meet in May 2024. Probably find a buyer for them there. ;-)
I'll be set up as a vendor there again this year.
View attachment 1716203290

No argument. I bought the kit after you posted these pictures so not worried about it either. Just curious.

A buddy and I keep talking about the Monroe swap meet. Might have to see if I am back on my feet by then.

No argument. I bought the kit after you posted these pictures so not worried about it either. Just curious.

A buddy and I keep talking about the Monroe swap meet. Might have to see if I am back on my feet by then.
Roger that.
Swap meet or no, hope you're back on your feet the sooner the better!

I bought one also for another project. Regardless of H or X it’s an incredible deal. The generic Summit brand kit with no mufflers or cross over is the same price. The 304 stainless looks amazing. Don’t think my TTi kit looked this good. Just my 2 cents.

Don’t think my TTi kit looked this good. Just my 2 cents.
Agree with you there.
My TTi kit was aluminized steel, not 304 stainless steel. Don't get me wrong, it sounds awesome with the included Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers, just didn't looks as nice as the stainless Hooker Blackheart system.

I just purchased the 3" kit for my 68 Dart after seeing this thread. Kit came within 2 days of ordering it and looks pretty good. The 3" system actually does have the X pipe shown in their photos, but will require a little work as there is still only a small hole going between the two tubes. It will still be a few weeks before the car is ready to install the exhaust, but I am hoping it fits well. From looking at the kit is looks to be a great value for what you get.

Agree with you there.
My TTi kit was aluminized steel, not 304 stainless steel. Don't get me wrong, it sounds awesome with the included Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers, just didn't looks as nice as the stainless Hooker Blackheart system.
I ordered my TTI complete exhaust system in 304 stainless steel.

I'd go in and block the cross over off, because I don't like the effect they have on sound. I'd keep the cross over though, because they are a good added support. That's a good deal for sure.

Damn, checked Summit for these as they offer "free" shipping to us Canucks, but price is way higher(double)and both Holley and Summit have no stock... :BangHead:

Thanks for the heads up! I grabbed a 3" system as the 2.5" are sold out. Huge blessing.

I've been watching these for a while. They were close to $1000 for the longest time, it's a great deal now.

Keep regularly checking their clearance page too. I picked up a water pump, electric fuel pump, and a set of head gaskets for $75 total a few months ago.

They had the TKX crossmember on clearance from like $650 down to $50 as well, I snagged one too.

-
Back