GREEDY! CRAZY eBay prices thread, trim rings $5495, Barracuda window trim $450

-
ENVY ??? HATE THE HOBBY NOT YOUR BROTHER ?? WTF.:-k..ARE YOU REALLY COMPARING THE COSTS OF ENZO FERRARI PARTS WITH MOPAR ?? IF YOU HAD A CLUE YOU WOULD KNOW THOSE PRICES LISTED WHERE 3 TO 4 TIMES THE NORM MIN..
A ENZO NOW COSTS 1 MILLION DOLLARS USED ...NEW WAS $695,000.....MAYBE YOU NEED TO JUST RE-THINK WITH SOME COMMON SENSE...BECAUSE YOU MAKE NONE COMPARING THESE TWO COSTS...
I HAVE SOME YUGO HUB CAPS FOR ONLY $1000 AND I ONLY HAVE THREE ..YEP,IT IS A GREAT DEAL...DO NOT HATE ME OR ENVY ME....
JUST RETHINK THE HOBBY..:finga:...I TAKE PAYPAL TOO...RICK
I don't hate you or envy you.Why should I?Did I compare? I showed you two different parts of the automotive hobby. You can also collect hot wheels/pedal cars-all sorts of cards/pictures that are not as expensive.I am sure that I understand the price of parts maybe not as well as you and your counterparts because I do own quite a few parts and you seem to be a window shopper/tirekicker.I have given parts to some on here that never showed up to pick up the parts.No;I don't think I will take your advice-it is very childish and unfounded,but thanks anyway.

I thought I might jump into the muck and ad my 2 cents, The thing about all of these parts is they are listed on e-bay as "buy it now" items and the unrealistic pricing is an indication that the sellers have no intention of selling the parts unless of course they find someone crazy enough to pay the price. I've been selling parts at swap meets for 35 years and when I started selling stuff you could go to a swap meet and buy an entire Hemi car for under $1000. I bought a 69 Hemi Charger once(minus motor) for $50 bucks. Even back then these cars were somewhat rare but nothing like they are now.About 25 years ago when people started seriously restoring cars the prices on the NOS junk just kind of went through the roof. Now I've sold my share of NOS or rare and hard to find parts for crazy prices over the years(at least what I considered crazy)and I make no apologies for doing so. Any part is only worth what someone is willing to pay so if someone is willing to pay $5000 for a NOS whatever then that dont make the seller a greedy SOB, it just means the guy who bought it could afford it. Now I personally was never able to afford such extravegant things but I hold no animosity for anyone who can because I was usually the one trying to get their money. I have run across my fair share of Rare/NOS junk and some of it has sold for what I would consider a stupid high price but the difference between me and a lot of these guys is that I would sell on e-bay as an auction,sometimes I would fish around with a "buy it now" price but never unless it was attached to an auction.When you auction stuff its the sellers responsibility to give an accurate description and stand behind what he is selling and its the buyers job to decide what he's willing to spend. I have listed and sold some stuff on e-bay that brought astronomical prices and I didnt feel the least bit bad about taking the money. I have had people bad mouth me for selling on e-bay at times and I like to explain it like this. If you want/need a certain item then there are several ways to go about finding it. You could watch local papers and ads hoping one shows up....not very succesfull when looking for rare stuff. You can call a person who deals in such items which means the price will be higher than you like but you dont have to spend a lot of time looking. You can go to swap meets and hope one turns up and that the guy selling it is not too attached to it.....The problem here being that you have to go somewhere to the swap meet which could be anywhere from 5 to 2500 miles away and with gas at close to $4 a gallon that aint cheap. Then you have motels,meals,souvineirs, and a gift for the wife so as not to get your butt chewed for going in the first place. All of this ads up and 9 times out of 10 you will come home empty handed. For example say you want an Edelbrock STR12 crossram for a small block, I go to 7 or more major swap meets a year and I have only seen 2 for sale in the last 5 years and they both sold for what I thought was a high price(but I'm cheap). And the last option is to go on e-bay or some other online venue and search one up in the middle of the night while sitting around in your underwear, odds are good that it will cost you more than you would pay elsewhere but by comparison it might be cheaper than searching at swap meets for 5 years and coming home empty handed. So to recap,who cares what these guys are asking on their parts because if they really wanted to sell them, they would be on an auction. And who cares if someone actually buys one of these parts, I am just astounded sometimes by who has that amount of money to waste on cars and such. And I know that each and every person on this thread(except me) would sell any of these rare items for a song because its the "right thing to do".....Right? Remember, its only worth what someone is willing to pay.

...Unfounded ..Childish ?? You started the B.S. comparisions of Hand Built Million $$ Cars to Mopars parts costs...I am not the only one here that thought your comments made no sense...Like I said you have no clue ...Window shopper tire kicker ?? WTF..:finga: Again, not a clue.
You have the parts I have three complete running restored cars. Me and my FBBO counterparts ??... .Don't Hate us or Envy us but, I think you do!!! .You the few parts guy vs US the cars guys....I do not need to kick any tires...Maybe you would like to kick some of mine ? You can pick from 12..
You have given parts to some one on here FBBO and they did not pick up? .WTF ?? Can't be both....And what does that have to do with anything ? :banghead: Mad at FBBO memebers ? Again, that Hate and Envy rearing it ugly head!!... Maybe some day you will have enough parts to put together and have a Whole Car ..Until then go get a steering wheel sit on a milk crate and make cars sounds..VaaRooomm...:-k.
:burnout:

I don't hate you or envy you.Why should I?Did I compare? I showed you two different parts of the automotive hobby. You can also collect hot wheels/pedal cars-all sorts of cards/pictures that are not as expensive.I am sure that I understand the price of parts maybe not as well as you and your counterparts because I do own quite a few parts and you seem to be a window shopper/tirekicker.I have given parts to some on here that never showed up to pick up the parts.No;I don't think I will take your advice-it is very childish and unfounded,but thanks anyway.

Three whole cars??????Wow Rockefeller!!!!!You mean ALL three have all four tires???????Quit whinning-you guy's are like a bunch of old women!!!

The Ferrari comparison made me laugh pretty hard! There is not,nor will there ever be any basis to compare a mass production car to a hand built one,lol..What a joke!

I have made a buck or two here and there but I have never gouged anyone with stupid prices. Lots of snobby people entered this hobby for a status and it is sickening. Reality car shows have ruined the Chrysler hobby as bad as anything. To many idiots looking for retirement findings when they are to stupid to realize the market started falling hard by 2008.

What's funny is the attitudes of these sellers wanting these kinds of prices. I have gotten more into street rods lately...it's a whole different crowd. The hobby was fun 1998 when I got into it; reasonable parts and no bigger than wal mart ego's. How times have changed...

I think a couple of those are members here. I cant afford to pay top dollar. A dead giveaway is when someone posts they need a part. Then the seller posts pm me.Its because they are ashamed to show what they are asking in public.Been waiting to say this for a long time. If you have a good price on something no need to pm it secretly. If the person asking passes someone else may take it off your hands.jmho

:cheers: Those assholes can ask anything they want, hopefully no one will every buy their ****!!!

I've given up on selling parts to make money for my project. I always believed I should ask a fair price and not be greedy,and instead of the part going to a hobby guy who really needs it,some greedy shmuck buys it and resells it. I hate this aspect of our hobby so much I wont sell any of my unneeded parts anymore,unless I personally know the buyer.

Granted my project is on hold while my body heals via my Dr Wahls diet,but I still wont proceed with it until I can fund it by going back to work. Even if I never get better,my parts wont be sold. They can bury my car with me and the parts too. Those greedy assholes need to get lost.And they will never get my car or parts.

I have been selling parts for mopar since the early eighties.I got some good parts and sold good part.I have seen people at carlisle come there with the same parts year after year.englishtown same thing.I look at it as all that gas,time,setting up,tearing down,how much that part cost them.And stupidly raise there prices the next year.When I sell at them places I go home empty and I see other sellers loading up the stuff I just sold them and bringing it back the next year to try to sell again. Mark

-
Back