Greetings from California!

-
Thanks! Do you have a shop hookup? I'm also looking for place that can get parts for my car. I ordered a mopar catalog from Classic Industries, but it doesn't come out for like a month and there is no guarantee that it will have parts for the Dart.

Thanks,
Mark

I have accounts in Inglewood, Playa Del Rey, Westchester, Redondo and about everywhere in LA.

What specific shop services and work are you looking for? I know or know about most of the shops in LA.

Welcome aboard Mark! That's a sweet looking old Dart you've got there. You might also consider getting a Year One catalog ... pricey on their parts yes, but they have stuff no one else does. Last time I ordered a YO catalog years ago, it came with a coupon for $7.50 off my first order. Unfortunately, the catalog is bigger than a NYC phone book and the coupon was buried in the back of the book; I didn't even find it until it was already expired. :-D

Make yourself at home and enjoy the best Mopar site on the net!

I have accounts in Inglewood, Playa Del Rey, Westchester, Redondo and about everywhere in LA.

What specific shop services and work are you looking for? I know or know about most of the shops in LA.

I was looking to relocate the gas cap into the trunk and would want a good shop to do the body work on the rear fender. Also interior work. Other than that I'll be doing the rest myself. Basically a good paint and body shop and interior.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

-Mark

Welcome aboard Mark! That's a sweet looking old Dart you've got there. You might also consider getting a Year One catalog ... pricey on their parts yes, but they have stuff no one else does. Last time I ordered a YO catalog years ago, it came with a coupon for $7.50 off my first order. Unfortunately, the catalog is bigger than a NYC phone book and the coupon was buried in the back of the book; I didn't even find it until it was already expired. :-D

Make yourself at home and enjoy the best Mopar site on the net!

Thanks for the car compliment. I will definitely pick up a YO catalog. Thanks for the heads up on that one. Would be just as good to just go online or is the actual catalog better?

Thanks,
Mark

Nice to see more SOCAL guys joining. I might try and head up to the Fal Fling. Have to talk with the boss though.

I was looking to relocate the gas cap into the trunk and would want a good shop to do the body work on the rear fender. Also interior work. Other than that I'll be doing the rest myself. Basically a good paint and body shop and interior.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

-Mark

Body shops are tough. Especially in the LA basin area. I deal with repair shops, not body shops.

The guys at Cars Muffler on Artesia know of a good interior guy. I've see the work. I'll try to remember to ask next week. You need someone to install seat skins/rebuild cushions and a headliner? More?

I can't guarantee he can help you out, but check with Wayne McCarl at Berdoo Auto Body in San Bernardino. Though the main focus of the shop is insurance/collision work, they did my body work and paint job in 2000. Though the body work was pretty minimal, I was happy with the work.

Nice looking '67. You should keep the post, it wouldn't look right without it. The hardtop has a completely different rear window slope and roof/window line--are you aiming for the hardtop look? Keep in mind, the 2-door post has the same rear window and roof/window line as a 4 door. I've never seen one without a post, but I'm sure it's been done many times.

Thanks! Do you have a shop hookup? I'm also looking for place that can get parts for my car. I ordered a mopar catalog from Classic Industries, but it doesn't come out for like a month and there is no guarantee that it will have parts for the Dart.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,
I have not outsourced any body work up here, so I am not sure on shops to recommend. I will definitely ask around and see what I can come up with. AutoXcuda sounds like a great resource for you on this.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

Thanks! I appreciate it.

-Mark

You mean weld in a flat piece where the filler cap is? And then paint the panel to match the rest of the car. You don't like the look of the filler cap I assume?

Is there some rust in that rear fender?

Honestly body work and paint is very expensive. Your car looks shiney and very presentable right now.

You could very easily log roll into an entire paint job. And I'll bet that will be $5K to $8K.

What specific interior things do you want done?

Body shops are tough. Especially in the LA basin area. I deal with repair shops, not body shops.

The guys at Cars Muffler on Artesia know of a good interior guy. I've see the work. I'll try to remember to ask next week. You need someone to install seat skins/rebuild cushions and a headliner? More?

Thanks! My whole interior could be re-done. The dash pad is not that bad at all, but I need new carpet kit, new door panels, and I would like the seats re-done in vinyl or I may just replace them all together. The headliner isn't bad, it does have one small tear in it though.

Thanks for the referral.

-Mark

I can't guarantee he can help you out, but check with Wayne McCarl at Berdoo Auto Body in San Bernardino. Though the main focus of the shop is insurance/collision work, they did my body work and paint job in 2000. Though the body work was pretty minimal, I was happy with the work.

Thanks for the help, I found this place from the socalcarculture website
http://www.americanmusclecars.net/
I might check them out once I'm ready to move onto body and paint.

Thanks again,
Mark

Nice looking '67. You should keep the post, it wouldn't look right without it. The hardtop has a completely different rear window slope and roof/window line--are you aiming for the hardtop look? Keep in mind, the 2-door post has the same rear window and roof/window line as a 4 door. I've never seen one without a post, but I'm sure it's been done many times.

I was not aware that they had different window/roof lines. That's why they it looked different to me when I look at NON post Darts on Google. Damn I wish I would have known that before buying a post. Oh well. I still love the car. I just can't wait to get some power under the hood.

Thanks,
Mark

You mean weld in a flat piece where the filler cap is? And then paint the panel to match the rest of the car. You don't like the look of the filler cap I assume?

Is there some rust in that rear fender?

Honestly body work and paint is very expensive. Your car looks shiney and very presentable right now.

You could very easily log roll into an entire paint job. And I'll bet that will be $5K to $8K.

What specific interior things do you want done?

Yea I like the cleaner look of not having the filler cap showing. The car is rust free. Yea body and paint is gonna run quite a bit. I'm gonna hold that off till the end. Just wanna comprise a list of places I know I can count on.

Thanks for the help.
-Mark

Thanks! My whole interior could be re-done. The dash pad is not that bad at all, but I need new carpet kit, new door panels, and I would like the seats re-done in vinyl or I may just replace them all together. The headliner isn't bad, it does have one small tear in it though.

Thanks for the referral.

-Mark

Go to Dante's for carpet, seat and door panels. Make sure the door panels and seat are the Legendary brand. http://www.dantesparts.com/ Best prices and service.

Put the carpet and door panels in yourself. Not hard.

But the seat skins are tricky, should go to a upolstery shop if you haven't done it before. You can just take the front and rear seats out of the car and hand them the bare seats. Should get better pricing since they don't have to take them out and put them back in.

Just for the heck of it, here's another post car for you. It's the '67 Dart our club built as our first charity raffle car in 2007.

Thanks for the link Autoxcuda. I'll check that out.

OCDart- that's a really nice car, that's making me think if I want to keep my vinyl top or not. I was never a big fan of vinyl tops till I got this car. I'm diggin it now.

-Mark

-
Back