Greetings to all

-

68 B1 Cuda

Reaction score
Long time Mopar guy. Owned my first A-Bodies back in the mid seventies when I was in high school. 70 Duster 340 4-speed daily driver and a 68 Dart 340 drag car that I raced at the long gone New York National Speedway. Dart was very cool car w/8 point roll cage, Dana 60, tied frames, polished Cragar super trick wheels and big Firestone Drag 500's. Ran pretty good for a 17 year old kid, best ET 11.16 @ 118 back in 1976. Sold both of them and went NHRA stock eliminator racing with Ray Cook and Artie Leong running a pair of 70 Hemi Challengers. I drove a hardtop in A/SA and Ray a ragtop in B/SA. Did pretty good with those guys as Ray won NHRA stock world championship in 1979 and we followed that up with the W.R. Grace Performance Championship in 1980. Since it cost a lot of money to campaign a car on the NHRA circuit I decided to work for those that had a lot of it and I landed a job working on Steve Bagwell's bad *** Hemi Super Stockers. Richard Griffin drove a 68 Hemi Barracuda in SS/AA and the boss wheeled a 64 aluminum nosed Hemi Savoy in SS/BA and they both were the cream of the crop at the time. Man I had a lot of great times and learned a bunch. Fast forward thirty plus years of regular job, marriage, kids and grand kids and I'm now building my own 68 Cuda with a 514 B1 aluminum head motor. Getting the body ready to go to the chassis shop for a 7.50 full cage. Boy this is really gonna be fun.

Welcome to FABO! If you've got pics from your racing days, post 'em!!!

Greetings

Parragraphs please! Makes reading easier. ;)

Long time Mopar guy. Owned my first A-Bodies back in the mid seventies when I was in high school. 70 Duster 340 4-speed daily driver and a 68 Dart 340 drag car that I raced at the long gone New York National Speedway. Dart was very cool car w/8 point roll cage, Dana 60, tied frames, polished Cragar super trick wheels and big Firestone Drag 500's. Ran pretty good for a 17 year old kid, best ET 11.16 @ 118 back in 1976. Sold both of them and went NHRA stock eliminator racing with Ray Cook and Artie Leong running a pair of 70 Hemi Challengers. I drove a hardtop in A/SA and Ray a ragtop in B/SA. Did pretty good with those guys as Ray won NHRA stock world championship in 1979 and we followed that up with the W.R. Grace Performance Championship in 1980. Since it cost a lot of money to campaign a car on the NHRA circuit I decided to work for those that had a lot of it and I landed a job working on Steve Bagwell's bad *** Hemi Super Stockers. Richard Griffin drove a 68 Hemi Barracuda in SS/AA and the boss wheeled a 64 aluminum nosed Hemi Savoy in SS/BA and they both were the cream of the crop at the time. Man I had a lot of great times and learned a bunch. Fast forward thirty plus years of regular job, marriage, kids and grand kids and I'm now building my own 68 Cuda with a 514 B1 aluminum head motor. Getting the body ready to go to the chassis shop for a 7.50 full cage. Boy this is really gonna be fun.

Welcome! Quite the drag racing resume,you have accrued.

welcome to the fray - with your experience it should come out stompin!! ..pics of it & progress reports here there please..

Welcome -- I remember the name Leong, from somewhere. - Could it have been - Numidia - Beaver Springs - Maple Grove or Englishtown. -- I hit them all, back in time.

Welcome to the fun:coffee2: Great story! Look forward to seeing your fish completed...

Dave,

-
Back