Greyhound shipping shenanigans

-
I guess I may be the lucky one in the bunch regarding Greyhound Shipping! I bought 2 fenders that were in Colorado, and they were shipped on the bus. I tracked them the whole time, and had them in my hands in 10 days, undamaged. The seller packed them well to protect them. Granted, watching the tracking....they got about as many miles put on them riding the bus as they did while on the car they came off of! I had called the bus terminal where I was to pick them up, and luckily, the guy in the shipping dept. was a car guy. He kept an eye on my fenders tracking, and knew when they were coming thru. He made his people look at everything in the baggage holds on the bus, and found my fenders under some blankets. If he hadn't made them look hard, they would have ridden some more. I have to say I was happy with the outcome, but realize it could have gone much differently!

I've taken "the bus" a few times.

Once from OH to Washington DC.

Let's just say you meet the most interesting people.

Last edited:
I share your sentiments on many points Cosgig, but I find that many simply take advantage of kindness as a sign of weakness, and would give the OP the benefit of the doubt on originally being kind.

Reviews WOULD be a good clue, but not 100%. I feel the same way he does, after buying 1.7 magnum rockers from BobR. And mailing a draft bank check that took over 2 months to Canada via the US Post Office .

I have received Plymouth b body doors, a complete Aspen trunk pan via greyhound, no problem.

getting the run around from people that have a specific job for lost goods is bullogna. What the OP failed to realize is that the poor female they dumped on the problem was probably NOT competent enough to handle Greyhound’s disorganization and could not legally confide her loss in confidence for the situation-only an expensive lawyer that can yield consequences would resolve that.

After military service, a few of us aholes expect more from our fellow human, thought before action, ownership in organization, etc.!-to our COMPLETE Disappointment. But we behave the same way.

I distinctly remember many of the older generation with high expectations of responsibility as well, though I think most of us have given up hope for today’s society.

well mouser, I’m with you here as well. I expect a high level of responsibility out of everybody, but 211 calls? Did he think after 100 calls that the results would be different? Or 150? Or 200? That’s unstable behavior right there. When did he stop being “nice”, because he came unglued on Colin after about 3 messages? Again, if he came unglued at Ms. Scott, after how many times calling her, should she continue to take his calls?

-
Back