Grill is done.

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
Well I got the grill done and it took less than five hours to strip it, mask it twice for the silver and black paint. It wasn't as bad as the headlight bezels. I'm running out of things to do and need the car back from the body shop. I'm getting antsy to get it all back together.

IMG_1828.jpg

Looks good!

Your lucky.

It took me over 3 months to do mine ( 67 cuda). I stripped the anodization off of the aluminum and polished everything on a bench buffer. Part of that 3 months is counting the breaks I took from it so I wounldn't go insane. LOL

The grill turned out looking great 1969GTS, I bet you are antsy :-D

It took me over 3 months to do mine ( 67 cuda). I stripped the anodization off of the aluminum and polished everything on a bench buffer. Part of that 3 months is counting the breaks I took from it so I wounldn't go insane. LOL

I pity the idiot that may scratch or break that grill. :snakeman:

Looks good, nice job! Don`t worry about hurrying the process 1969GTS,there will ALWAYS be something to do.:toothy10:

Looks good, nice job! Don`t worry about hurrying the process 1969GTS,there will ALWAYS be something to do.:toothy10:

No doubt! When I get it back I have to replace the turn signal switch, re-seal the intake, turn a front rotor and a few million little things. When I get it all done my wife has taken bets I'll trade it for a 69, 69 Barracuda as I can never decide between a Dart or Barracuda.

No doubt! When I get it back I have to replace the turn signal switch, re-seal the intake, turn a front rotor and a few million little things. When I get it all done my wife has taken bets I'll trade it for a 69, 69 Barracuda as I can never decide between a Dart or Barracuda.

Tough decision, but get one of each or buy the other one for the..e'hem..... "Wife".

Great idea fellas but her nick name is the "Minister of Finance". One Income, two kids and a mortgage I don't think it will happen. Besides, I'm one of those masochists that enjoys building the car more than anything. Once they are done I loose interest within a year or two. The next project will be a 68, 69 Barracuda fast back preferably another 340 car. I'll drive the GTS for a while and then start looking for a new money pit. My wife claims I have ADD the way I go through cars.

I know where you`re coming from, sometimes the journey is much better than the destination. I hate polishing these things, I`d much rather be turning wrenches.

IM000340 (Small).JPG

Turned out real nice, I bet you can't wait to get it back on the car!

-
Back