1. Louis Fontana

Louis Fontana Member

Local Time:
    1:16 PM

2. Louis Fontana

Louis Fontana Member

Local Time:
    My brother went and looked at it. He knows the owner. I'm looking for a company or person in the DelRay, Fl. area to inspect the car and give me a report. I don't know much about Dodge Darts and I would like to purchase one if possible. Thank you.

3. skep419

skep419 It's only money, you can always make more

Local Time:
    12:16 PM
    Negative. It didn’t sell. Reserve not met. The bidding made it to 42 and stopped.

4. rrvolare

rrvolare 19Swinger69

Local Time:
    40+ you are getting in E-body starting price ...

5. autoxcuda

autoxcuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  6. dart4forte

dart4forte FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    I agree, given the amount of money you are talking about an investment. Cost of a round trip ticket, a night stay in a ,motel would be worth it.

I’ve been lurking on this thread and it’s interesting to read some of the comments.

First, there’s no book, article, annual, or periodical that gives a true market value for this car. A true market value would include private sales. Most value estimates out there are based on the documented sales at the auctions. As far as I know there’s no true documention on sales in the private market. I’ve found that most discussions on the private sales boils down to opinion. If you’ve been to auctions you know that some of the examples for sale are poorly put together or thrown together at the last minute to get the most $$ possible. The camera has a way of making a perfume pig look good.

As far as the car you are looking at, which, I think is the B5 4 speed car with the longitutle stripe the amount the owner is asking for is not unrealistic. If you are going to sell a car you have to price it somewhere and the 45k wa# his choice. Of course, everyone’s definition of restored is different. It will take a personal inspection to determine that.

As far as non stock mods made look at what item can be reversed with minimal cost and effort. If the car has the inner fender cut out or was poorly repaired that’s not something that can be reversed without major effort or $$. If it has an electronic dizzy, well that’s something that can be fixed easily.

Bottom line, you personally need to inspect the car. If you can’t there’s several individuals that can do a good inspection. Of course there will be their expenses and fees. To me, given the amount of money involved the cost would be worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.