GTS

-
If everything checks out $40K for that car is not unreasonable. Not that I'm any kind of expert, but I think there are a lot of guys on here who have no idea what it would cost to duplicate that. One thing though: you must go look at it, hear it, and drive it. You can't spend that kind of money without really checking it out in person.

My brother went and looked at it. He knows the owner. I'm looking for a company or person in the DelRay, Fl. area to inspect the car and give me a report. I don't know much about Dodge Darts and I would like to purchase one if possible. Thank you.

Here’s a 69 GTS with a fake tag. Could you spot it? I don’t think the current owner is saying it’s real. But it’s changed hands a few times since restoration. It’s usually not the first seller that bends the truth, it the 2nd and 3rd seller you need to watch out for:

1969 Dodge Dart GTS | eBay

69%20Dart%20Tag.jpg

Confirmed by the guy who sold it pre restoration: Is this fender tag a reproduction? | Ebay / Craigslist / Racingjunk / WIW | Moparts Forums

Last edited:
If everything checks out $40K for that car is not unreasonable. Not that I'm any kind of expert, but I think there are a lot of guys on here who have no idea what it would cost to duplicate that. One thing though: you must go look at it, hear it, and drive it. You can't spend that kind of money without really checking it out in person.

I agree, given the amount of money you are talking about an investment. Cost of a round trip ticket, a night stay in a ,motel would be worth it.

I’ve been lurking on this thread and it’s interesting to read some of the comments.

First, there’s no book, article, annual, or periodical that gives a true market value for this car. A true market value would include private sales. Most value estimates out there are based on the documented sales at the auctions. As far as I know there’s no true documention on sales in the private market. I’ve found that most discussions on the private sales boils down to opinion. If you’ve been to auctions you know that some of the examples for sale are poorly put together or thrown together at the last minute to get the most $$ possible. The camera has a way of making a perfume pig look good.

As far as the car you are looking at, which, I think is the B5 4 speed car with the longitutle stripe the amount the owner is asking for is not unrealistic. If you are going to sell a car you have to price it somewhere and the 45k wa# his choice. Of course, everyone’s definition of restored is different. It will take a personal inspection to determine that.

As far as non stock mods made look at what item can be reversed with minimal cost and effort. If the car has the inner fender cut out or was poorly repaired that’s not something that can be reversed without major effort or $$. If it has an electronic dizzy, well that’s something that can be fixed easily.

Bottom line, you personally need to inspect the car. If you can’t there’s several individuals that can do a good inspection. Of course there will be their expenses and fees. To me, given the amount of money involved the cost would be worth it.

-
Back