Guess I should have done this last week....

-
Yeah, I was one of those subscribers who got screwed when I had a two year subscription and HPM went belly up.....

Are you still the Mopar Guy who drives a 5.0 Mustang?

Welcome aboard.

Hey, I only started that mag...I had nothing to do with it goin tits up!
As for the Mustang thing, that was a one year fling with Brand X...but for that one year, I OWNED THE WORLD! Mustang guys are STILL talking about that car nearly a quarter century later. Just goes to show what a determined MOPAR guy can pull outta his ***..HA!

Tony Glad to have you ! Hope the guys take it easy on you, LOL Winter is coming and some guys get a pretty bad case of cabin fever.

Drop me a line if you need anything.

Thanks Adam...but I can bite back when I have to.
I can use a couple of RB blower manifolds. Just send them when you've got some time. Thanks!

Hey Tony, great to have you and your expertise here with us. On a personal note, it's just nice to see another member from Tennessee (there aren't that many of us and most are on the "wrong" side of the state LOL). Make yourself at home and don't hesitate to let me know if I can help out with any of your budget builds ... I share your ideals that top notch work doesn't have to cost top notch money. :-D Welcome to FABO!

Thanks Leanna, I'm sure our paths will cross at some point.
If you're on Facebook, we started a car club called THE BLACK STRIPE SOCIETY. You have to "friend" me first to join, and my Facebook ID is Tony Themechanic. The club is mostly Mopar, and a good networking opportunity for ya.

Hey Tony, last I heard you was running a coffee shop somewhere lol..

Always enjoyed reading your diatribe in the old mags, glad to hear you're back in the game.

Grant

Yep, I finally wore out the coffee business earlier this year...and over the last couple of months, I've decided to go 24/7 Mopar...hence the new shop and peddelin parts over here.

Thanks Leanna, I'm sure our paths will cross at some point.
If you're on Facebook, we started a car club called THE BLACK STRIPE SOCIETY. You have to "friend" me first to join, and my Facebook ID is Tony Themechanic. The club is mostly Mopar, and a good networking opportunity for ya.

Just the profile pic was enough to drag me in the door Tony. Friend request sent, and a big Like on your Black Stripe page. I look forward to getting to know you.

Holy cow, look at the time! That evil redhead's gonna have me fired if I don't get my butt out to the shop. Vrooooommmmmmmmmmmmm I'm gone

Welcone Tony! Nice to see you pop up again! FABO just got one more go to guy for race knowledge

When you have time I would like to hear more about your new magazine.

When you have time I would like to hear more about your new magazine.

Cliff, NOOOOOOO new MAGAZINES!!! I'm done done done with print. I've got a new shop that I plan to turn some stuff out of, and if someone out there wants to do some video, or a website, I'm game...but that's as far as it goes.

Welcome to FABO, Tony, from SoCal. Glad to have you here!
I also took a brief (15 year) break from Mopar ownership and was originally going to do a restomod on the '83 15th Anniversary Hurst Olds I'd driven off the showroom floor back when it was new. But then that old Mopar virus kicked up again and I had to have something like my old '69 340 Swinger again.
Sounds like your new shop philosophy is right up my alley. My current '69 Dart build is very budget conscious. But I've always believed that just because you're low-buck doesn't mean you have to look - or run - like you're low-buck.
Let me know if you ever plan on making it out west to either the GNRS or MATS. My club works both events and it would be nice to put a face and voice together with a forum handle.
I'm going to check out your 'Black Stripe Society' on FB.

Yea, I.am known as the flipping asshole¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to FABO, Tony, from SoCal. Glad to have you here!
I also took a brief (15 year) break from Mopar ownership and was originally going to do a restomod on the '83 15th Anniversary Hurst Olds I'd driven off the showroom floor back when it was new. But then that old Mopar virus kicked up again and I had to have something like my old '69 340 Swinger again.
Sounds like your new shop philosophy is right up my alley. My current '69 Dart build is very budget conscious. But I've always believed that just because you're low-buck doesn't mean you have to look - or run - like you're low-buck.
Let me know if you ever plan on making it out west to either the GNRS or MATS. My club works both events and it would be nice to put a face and voice together with a forum handle.
I'm going to check out your 'Black Stripe Society' on FB.

Thanks man...if I ever find myself pointed at the left coast, I will be looking you up.
Shop philosophy...Ok, let me take a shot at summing it up. Rust hole in floorpan:
"State of the hobby" resto shop...Drill out the spot welds, replace entire floorpan as a unit.
"Backyard Hack" Sheetmetal screws and a couple of old license plates will keep the feet dry.
"Tony's Way" Trim the damaged area back to clean metal, weld in a section of similar gauge, similar quality sheetmetal, and call it a day.
It's my feeling that this hobby has swung way too far over to the high end of the scale. All of the cubic cash and perfectionist mentality has sucked nearly all the fun out of it for the little guy who just wants a fast, clean, fun car!
There is a place for perfection...jetting, timing, lash, component assembly,etc. But in my opinion, life is too short and complicated to be sweating the number of spot welds between the trunk floor and frame rails. Lay a nice bead and be done with it!

Thanks man...if I ever find myself pointed at the left coast, I will be looking you up.
Shop philosophy...Ok, let me take a shot at summing it up. Rust hole in floorpan:
"State of the hobby" resto shop...Drill out the spot welds, replace entire floorpan as a unit.
"Backyard Hack" Sheetmetal screws and a couple of old license plates will keep the feet dry.
"Tony's Way" Trim the damaged area back to clean metal, weld in a section of similar gauge, similar quality sheetmetal, and call it a day.
It's my feeling that this hobby has swung way too far over to the high end of the scale. All of the cubic cash and perfectionist mentality has sucked nearly all the fun out of it for the little guy who just wants a fast, clean, fun car!
There is a place for perfection...jetting, timing, lash, component assembly,etc. But in my opinion, life is too short and complicated to be sweating the number of spot welds between the trunk floor and frame rails. Lay a nice bead and be done with it!

Now this something I can subscribed to.Learning how to do repair work on the cheap.

Glad to have you here Tony, you rule. Cars Illustrated was probably the most fun car magazine there was to read! Laughed my self sick reading what you guys wrote.. we need that back again. Especially true during the days of $30,000 project cars that ran 13's....

You ought to go over to Bangshift.com and get in on (or at least read) the 100+ page diatribe going on concerning the war about Cliff Gromer's response to an editorial the editor of PHR wrote concerning Moparists... as if being secular and being parts hoarders was a bad thing. We have to be. PHR is in love with the whole high end Pro Touring thing.... yay.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/show...ng-(Gromer-v.-Hunkins)?highlight=cliff+gromer

Hope to see what you contribute here. Love the philosophy too!

Alan

Welcome to FABO Tony!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information.

And it sounds like this sight is going to enjoy you.

Great idea for a new business. Look forward to hearing and seeing more about the progress.

Enjoy the site!

Happy Holidays

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - More photos in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC00633.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 79
-
Back