Guess the horsepower and torque!

-

2doorswinger

Reaction score
How much horsepower and torque do you guys think my engine builder will be able to pull out of my 408 build with the following:

- 4 inch stroke
- Forged dish piston (around 10.5:1 compression ratio)
- A cam around the mid .550 lift range
- An Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake manifold that is port matched
- A set of Edelbrock 63 cc closed chambered heads
- An Edelbrock Thunder AVS 800 CFM carb
- And a set of TTI 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" step headers and 3 inch exhaust all the way out

Any guesses guys?!

how about telling us what the duration on the camshaft...or is that part of the guess too?

450 tq 445 hp , SORRY THOUGHT IT WAS A 340 , 485 TQ 490 HP

yes sir. what are you making and whats your combo cuda? how is the idle, is it lopey?

yes sir. what are you making and whats your combo cuda? how is the idle, is it lopey?

* I have my little 1968 318 block stroked to 390 CI. Beatty and Woods built it.Nothing serious done..Stock Eddie heads,you know the cam,roller rockers,750 Quick fuel,RPM Intake. It made 450 HP,and 490 TRQ on the dyno..It's fun! I'm running a warmed over 727 with shift kit,3:55 sure gripe,275/60/15" Nitto drag radials.It pulls nice.. Makes me smile!! lol..:D

C'mon dude give us every detail down to how cold or warm it is outside when you install the cam.

HP/TQ is highly dependent on really minute differences.

Start with duration @.050, it's a big deal man.

Why not ask your engine builder? :banghead:

Easy guys, easy! I was doing this as a game! Not a serious question of what i will make! My engine builder says right around 500 hp and 480 trq. I wanted to see what you guys thought!

Oh nice cuda! Who built it, jeff or chuck? This motor is going in my 69 with a 4 speed, 4.10 gears with a sure grip, a full frame car and roughly 335/60R15 tires. Maybe i was wrong on guessing what cam Jeff is going to go with, maybe he will go with something a little more radical since its in a high geared 4 speed car.

Oh nice cuda! Who built it, jeff or chuck? This motor is going in my 69 with a 4 speed, 4.10 gears with a sure grip, a full frame car and roughly 335/60R15 tires. Maybe i was wrong on guessing what cam Jeff is going to go with, maybe he will go with something a little more radical since its in a high geared 4 speed car.

NICE! I know Jeff and his Dad had their hands on it!! You made a wise choice having them build it!

I has Jeff himself build my forged motor for my turboed 2008 Mustang GT a while back, he did a great job! That was one quick car lol. So im getting him personally to build this 408!

I appreciate you letting us guess. Leaving out a few details here & there just makes it more fun to me :D.

For a guess, i'm only sure that the torque number will be higher then the HP number. With that said, i'll go with 475hp @ 5500 & 520tq @ 4400.

Would I put a dime on my pick.....He!! no, but I do hope you get a rock solid engine that will clean some clocks. :thumbrig:

Alright guys, try it with this set up.

Eddy heads UNPORTED
408 Stroker (360 base)
Hydraulic Flat Tappet cam (246/253 duration at .050 0.510/0.525 lift)
Edelbrock Air Gap intake manifold port matched to Eddy heads
Edelbrock Thunder AVS 800 CFM carb

-
Back