Guess this is what can happen if the cops think you are super drunk

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Sure Real--well hes only 38 years old, its 4am, hes just drunk and its all his freaken fault. Instead of getting him medical assistance he gets a few broken ribs. I guess those medical alert chains you wear on your neck or wist aren't a bad idea have----even if your not a diabetic, lol ( i mean what if you were to have a stroke at 4am while driving in a know party area )
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-02-08-22-44-13

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- A diabetic motorist and his wife have agreed to accept $292,500 from Henderson police and the state of Nevada to settle a federal civil rights, battery and negligence lawsuit stemming from his videotaped beating during a 2010 traffic stop.

"The video is disturbing to watch," said Adam Greene, who doesn't remember the beating by Henderson police and Nevada Highway Patrol troopers who thought he was driving under the influence.

"It's kind of surreal to watch yourself go through that," he said in an interview. "In this case, I think they let it get out of control and they acted inappropriately."

Greene, 38, a retail manager who was on the way to work at the time, was left with broken ribs, cuts and bruises after police and Highway Patrol troopers stopped him at 4 a.m. with guns drawn then realized his erratic driving was caused by diabetic shock, not intoxication.

"Police need to follow their training to recognize when someone is having a diabetic episode," said Greene's lawyer, Todd Moody, "You can't assume someone is under the influence."

The Henderson City Council approved a $158,500 settlement Tuesday with Greene. His wife, Brittany Greene, 33, received another $99,000, and the state agreed to pay $35,000.

Greene said he usually supports police and doesn't bear a grudge toward the officers.

Neither the police department nor the Highway Patrol admitted wrongdoing as part of the settlement, Moody said. The lawsuit was filed last September in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas.

A sergeant involved in the incident was disciplined, and police training and use-of-force policies were modified following an internal investigation, Police Chief Jutta Chambers said in a statement. Police did not identify the officer or specify his punishment.

Chambers characterized the incident as a catalyst for improvement in her department, which she said has cut use of force incidents by about 30 percent, from 567 in 2010 to 396 in 2011.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal first reported the settlement on Tuesday.

For video http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...icking-motorist-suffering-diabetic-shock.html

Pretty sure that cop was thinking "This is how you break yo foot off in a mother f.....'s ***!"

each of those pigs should spend several years in prison for assault
and life in jail with no chance of parole for betraying the public trust
if you take an oath and a paycheck to protect and serve the public, then you betray and disrespect that oath hanging is to good for you, a bad cop is 10 times worse than any criminal,

That Video is some Brutal BS. The guy ejected from the car was probably on his way to be dead and they beat him anyway. That is nutz.

Yep a crooked cop is only good as a dead cop! Take the oath and uphold it! Didnt see too many one on ones in the video...cowards

Three Personal Accounts:

First one is about how police can get caught up in their job. I was coming home from working 14 hours and was supposed to pick up a friend who was a bartender at the local bar. I arrived around 2am I think it was just as the bars were closing only to find out she had gotten a ride home from her boyfriend instead and forgot to tell me.

The police in our local town would love to wait a block away from the bar and pull over every vehicle leaving the parking lot (or follow people walking until they get into a vehicle). To make a long story short they pulled me over and the officer accused me of being intoxicated. He informed me he was giving me a 24 hour suspension and impounding my vehicle. I was informed if I wanted to fight the suspension then I would need to have blood work done and he left.

So it's after 2am and Im stranded down town (I lived 45 minutes outside of town). My first stop was the ER at the hospital to get blood drawn to fight my ticket. I was told I would have to come back to the hospital during normal hours. I then phone the police station and was told that the blood results wouldn't be accepted due to any alcohol in my system breaking down after waiting the 7 hours for the hospital to properly open.

Skip ahead 24 hours and I pick up my license. Forward another year when I go to renew my license I find out that I cannot renew my license due to the Office of the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles putting a hold on my license due to driving under the influence.

Get this I had to write an apology letter to the Superintendent! My first letter was the truth and it was rejected. So I was forced to write that I was intoxicated and that it would never happen again, just so I could get my license back.

The second story about how police can misread a person. Walking from my place to a friends place around midnight I started having an epileptic seizure. My seizures weren't the full on falling to the ground type. Anyways an officer stopped me and accused me of being intoxicated in public and was going to take me to the drunk tank. Luckily my friend had wondered why I was late and came looking for me and explained it correctly to the officer and he was allowed to take me home.

The third story is how even trained professionals can misread a person. I was working in the hospital when I had another epileptic seizure. Doctors came running and even though I had a medic alert tag around my neck they did not check it. They believed I was having a diabetic attack or something of that sort because the doctor ordered a nurse to give me a "massive shot of insulin" as my friend (the same one in the last story) told me afterwards. Lucky for me he was also coworker and followed me into ER.

So as for officers fully understanding the signs of different attacks it can be accepted. Beating the man though is not accepted.

My Son lives in San Francisco and he was telling me there is a protest of some sort almost everyday on Market. He says he has seen with his own eyes the Bart Police and the Regular Police pull innocent people out of the croud that have no weapon or were even doing anything wrong, multiple cops, and just beat the living chitttt out of them. Women & Children are not exempt either. Most of law enforcement are Legal Criminals that wear a badge. Very rare to find a good one in that bunch.

just think most of the local asshole here are only in there 20's and think they are bad ...that little metal tag makes them tough....til 1 of them gets f--ked up..the 2 that lives right down the road from me they dont even shop at the local store here...lol i guess they shop in the next town where they dont act bad at..:violent1::violent1:

…oe'r the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaand of the freeeeeeeeHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

…and the hooooooooooooooooome of the braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave!

With libertee and justice frall, etc.

Sorry for the bad link. Here is a link to the printed story:
http://www.insideedition.com/news/182/grandma-betty-in-the-slammer.aspx

If you PM me your email address I can forward the video to you.
Briefly, 69 year old grandma on her way home from the grocery store one night gets the blue light (this is in town). She's afraid that it might be an imposter so she drives very slowly to a lighted area where she then pulls over. Big skinhead arrests her for not pulling over sooner. She gets weekends in jail...
C

-
Back