Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Shoot them all, Michigan is overrun with them. They will come after anything on your property in the way of small animals including cats and dogs.
Im only on 2.5 acres and i dont feel comfortable firing a round that wil take down a coyote this close to my neighbors

If something were to happen i got my 9 mm side arm though, but that would be close range

Im only on 2.5 acres and i dont feel comfortable firing a round that wil take down a coyote this close to my neighbors

If something were to happen i got my 9 mm side arm though, but that would be close range
Call them in and use a shotgun. That would be sportsman like.

I inject my wild turkeys with marinade and smoke them on a smoker with a water pan. Turns out great. Then I cook the carcass down and make smoked Turkey stock with what’s left

Coyotes simply cannot resist a screaming rabbit call, and you need some good glass, that is how we were quite successful back in the day. For most part now I just leave them be, I figure they are just coyotes doing coyote stuff. When I was younger we pursued them with some gusto. We do not have any chickens at this point so our farm is not really a buffet table for them since we have so many chicken houses around us.

Well I got me a go fast pistol event next month and typically I use a standard 320 for a backup in case the Legion goes down. Our mantra; two is one, one is none. So anyway a guy has the exact same pistol X5 Legion topped with Delta Pro red dot. Virtually identical to my work pistol. And I have a old Garand safe queen I have not shot in many a year. I love it but simply do not use it anymore. Long story short we looked at each other spit and shook. For better or worse I got a real backup match pistol instead of my beater 320! He was thrilled and I am as well. Hated parting with the Garand but she will at least now get drove!

Well I got me a go fast pistol event next month and typically I use a standard 320 for a backup in case the Legion goes down. Our mantra; two is one, one is none. So anyway a guy has the exact same pistol X5 Legion topped with Delta Pro red dot. Virtually identical to my work pistol. And I have a old Garand safe queen I have not shot in many a year. I love it but simply do not use it anymore. Long story short we looked at each other spit and shook. For better or worse I got a real backup match pistol instead of my beater 320! He was thrilled and I am as well. Hated parting with the Garand but she will at least now get drove!
You will never hear your microwave the same way

Coyotes simply cannot resist a screaming rabbit call, and you need some good glass,

The scopes they have now are phenomenal. My buddy Don, he is out just about every night.

225 yards in pure darkness.

He custom builds his rifles, 6mm ARC supressed, man it's an impressive little round.

6046_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=7HApKHQRLoMAX-R8LdV&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

The scopes they have now are phenomenal. My buddy Don, he is out just about every night.

He custom builds his rifles, 6mm ARC supressed, man it's an impressive little round.

View attachment 1715906367

Yes it is an impressive round. There are several 6mm rounds that are wicked. Since I dont own a 22-250, it's .243 or one of the AR's. The 6mm family really has some super performers. Awesome video, that dog went to sleep.

View attachment 1715906367

Unless I am misunderstanding his optic it was dialing him in for a buck twenty? Regardless he darn sure put it down. The whole 6mm family is nasty. I too have a buddy that swears by it. He shoots gophers with his. I think his rifle weighs about 100 pounds tho!

Unless I am misunderstanding his optic it was dialing him in for a buck twenty?

The little box to the lower right of the dot is ranging the brush and not the dog, so he just guesstimated 225. Pretty impressive scopes, and they had better be at the price point, lol. He builds some high end stuff. He just finished a nice 6.5 Creedmoor build.

With that scope he can bluetooth it to his Iphone for the video and voice record.

HALO-XRF Thermal Scope – N-Vision Optics

nc_oc=AQl5xJmmTN6qn0v8Q45slY8LtH7qJeZ6TEoyTTYfdiT0qRGNv6DQmtIGsfJbniHimes&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

Had a guy at the range with a 6.5 Creedmoor. He could hit the gong consistently at 1000 yards. Plugged the info into his phone. Not sure how that worked. It was fun to here it hit the gong. He also had a .500
They don’t let ya shoot the gongs with that.

It was fun to here it hit the gong.

Yep, it's like wait.....wait.....wait.....ting, lol.

My buddy that I posted about above has 2 custom muzzle loaders that he shoots in competitions, he consistently hits targets at 1000 yards. He uses a 275 to 325 grain bullet with like 135 grains of Hodgdon H4895 powder. The barrels are rifled and the bullets are grooved, pour the powder down the barrel, set the bullet and it spirals it's way down to the breech and just needs a light tamp to seat it. He gets around 50 or so shots out of 1LB of powder. Like I said before, I'm glad he's on my side, lol.

This is from a typical shoot, pretty darn impressive for a muzzeloader:

This is a different guy, but same results.

This is a group I shot on 7/17/2021 at the Dead Zero gun range in Spencer, TN. I was shooting my custom heavily built .40 bolt gun and a 325 Grain Aeromax .402". Distance was 1000 yards, .29 MOA - which is 3.036". This is the best group I have shot at 1000 with any rifle.

cache_904677391.png

Yep, it's like wait.....wait.....wait.....ting, lol.

My buddy that I posted about above has 2 custom muzzle loaders that he shoots in competitions, he consistently hits targets at 1000 yards. He uses a 275 to 325 grain bullet with like 135 grains of Hodgdon H4895 powder. The barrels are rifled and the bullets are grooved, pour the powder down the barrel, set the bullet and it spirals it's way down to the breech and just needs a light tamp to seat it. He gets around 50 or so shots out of 1LB of powder. Like I said before, I'm glad he's on my side, lol.

This is from a typical shoot, pretty darn impressive for a muzzeloader:

This is a different guy, but same results.

This is a group I shot on 7/17/2021 at the Dead Zero gun range in Spencer, TN. I was shooting my custom heavily built .40 bolt gun and a 325 Grain Aeromax .402". Distance was 1000 yards, .29 MOA - which is 3.036". This is the best group I have shot at 1000 with any rifle.

View attachment 1715906909
Holy crap!

The sophistication and technology the long range shooters of today utilize baffles me. It is easy to write their accuracy off as “well anybody can do it if they have the same equipment” That is simply not the case, to consistently do what they do takes hours and hours of trial and error for something as simple as putting your cheek on the rifle. It takes all kind of dedication and about a million failures to get there. A huge investment in time and practice. Just honking amazing. Well done to you and your Posse!

With that much powder he must be using the bathroom scale to weigh a charge!

He and I went on a mission winter before last looking for his powder. It was scarce, and when we found it, it was limit one. So we tag teamed them. When he told me how many grains per shot, I did the math and was like wow, just a few over 50 shots for one pound, lol.

He has two of those loaders custom built for him at 8 grand each. Plus the high dollar optic on top.

I think his coyote AR's were in the neighborhood of 15 grand each with that scope, and he has at least two, lol.

He has way yonder too much fun.

The sophistication and technology the long range shooters of today utilize baffles me. It is easy to write their accuracy off as “well anybody can do it if they have the same equipment” That is simply not the case, to consistently do what they do takes hours and hours of trial and error for something as simple as putting your cheek on the rifle. It takes all kind of dedication and about a million failures to get there. A huge investment in time and practice. Just honking amazing. Well done to you and your Posse!

Every shot I fired I went into with the attitude that the gun was perfect... I just needed to minimize my effect on allowing it to do its job.

I have a friend. He is a machinist/pilot / you get it. He said he counted every grain in a pound of powder and it came out perfect.

-
Back