Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
1649091586441-png.83825

Made by an old man in Alabama who passed a few years back. Carried it in Iraq and Afghanistan instead of the crap they wanted me to carry.

6C48BBEC-0420-4931-AF53-27CC638196DF.jpeg

Sub, I am back in the states, give you a call in a few days.

Any other Yarborough owners kicking around? Had the privilege of meeting Mr. Bill Harsey and Chris Reeves a while back. Great people who collaborate on some very nice pieces.

20220405_183501.jpg

I bought a blade the 3 months ago and have never used it.I can't believe I spent the money for it.It has a wide handle.My hads have been broke and it easier to hold!

20220223_134048.jpg
20220223_134053.jpg
20220223_205105.jpg

Been pretty quiet in here, for most the weather is changing to Spring so way less time to spend on foolish internet! Hah! So this week I have been practicing for a Modern Samurai Project Instructors class. As mentioned previously the standards are very fast. I fear I have reached a physical plateau for my age and physical ability. The 3x2 drill is killing me, the other drills I can for most part make par. Par on 3x2 drill equals from concealment, at 3 yards draw and put 3 in alpha box then 2 in brain box in 2.0 seconds or less. With all good hits I am consistently just over Par. With at least one outside box I am just under Par. Thus far I cannot seem to get it together consistently. More practice!

4FA13EF8-F429-4292-8B56-6E7FA34FD7D9.jpeg

AF20B51A-3C61-4870-A26F-14A86A0D154F.jpeg

D1EFFE7D-35B0-45DC-BD0C-BF06318A2E8F.jpeg

My12yr old grandson came out yesterday to practice skill shooting a 22 rifle, did well, left eye dominat a bit of a pain with the saftey release. I used my SW target pistol and was 75% accurate, but it was fun

Been pretty quiet in here, for most the weather is changing to Spring so way less time to spend on foolish internet! Hah! So this week I have been practicing for a Modern Samurai Project Instructors class. As mentioned previously the standards are very fast. I fear I have reached a physical plateau for my age and physical ability. The 3x2 drill is killing me, the other drills I can for most part make par. Par on 3x2 drill equals from concealment, at 3 yards draw and put 3 in alpha box then 2 in brain box in 2.0 seconds or less. With all good hits I am consistently just over Par. With at least one outside box I am just under Par. Thus far I cannot seem to get it together consistently. More practice!

View attachment 1715904880

View attachment 1715904881

View attachment 1715904882
Kinda hard on the garage door isn't it. :poke:

View attachment 1715904880

View attachment 1715904881

View attachment 1715904882

Im getting all my gear ready for Turkey season. Next weekend is jam packed with Easter parties with 4 different families. Then the fallowing weekend I’ll be chasing Gobblers. Shotguns and ammo are ready to go. Happy I stocked up on ammo before a box of shells shot up to $70.00.

Im getting all my gear ready for Turkey season. Next weekend is jam packed with Easter parties with 4 different families. Then the fallowing weekend I’ll be chasing Gobblers. Shotguns and ammo are ready to go. Happy I stocked up on ammo before a box of shells shot up to $70.00.
Turkey hunting is a blast, don’t forget the empty bread sack in your pack for when you find a patch of morels! I would always get side tracked into hunting mushrooms. I have more unfilled turkey tags than filled. That is just one Wiley bird.

Turkey hunting is a blast, don’t forget the empty bread sack in your pack for when you find a patch of morels! I would always get side tracked into hunting mushrooms. I have more unfilled turkey tags than filled. That is just one Wiley bird.
A feller should use a netted sack so the spores can spread. At least thats what they tell me.

A feller should use a netted sack so the spores can spread. At least thats what they tell me.
Thanks BP, I never thought of that. I just always used bread sack so I could keep the itty bitty creatures out of my pockets! When you dump the shrooms in salt water to clean it is amazing all the live stock that emerges!

Thanks BP, I never thought of that. I just always used bread sack so I could keep the itty bitty creatures out of my pockets! When you dump the shrooms in salt water to clean it is amazing all the live stock that emerges!
I think giving them a good flick of the finger would help before putting them in the bread sack too. Haven't seen to many lately. Used to get them by the buckets after a forest fire but man that kind of dangerous these days. People follow those fires and get real territorial about it.

-
Back