Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
I honestly don’t recall even talking about that gun on this website but they are great pistols for the money. Awesome trigger.
We did a few years ago when you said you liked them and maybe were considering buying one. I looked into them and liked what I saw and read. I finally got one. The trigger doesnt feel like a medium price range trigger. Feels like a much more expensive gun.

I had my newest old toy out to the range yesterday. I was primarily checking out a couple different bullet diameters (.354 and .355) to see if she had a preference. It looks like she prefers .355 and 48 grains of IMR4064. This 3 shot group was done at 50 yards with a peep sight. I'm a happy camper! This Mannlicher carbine was made in 1913. She's going out into the PA woods this year.

View attachment 1715980264

View attachment 1715980265

View attachment 1715980266
We keep one of those out in our barn, it has been rechambered to 308 somewhere along the way. She still shoots. Many a coyote have misjudged her! Bone butt ugly, old and tired but prints great groups at 100 yards peep sights!

12 gage, 3 inch steal shot duck hunting load for the first 40 yards, I need to find a good deal on a 9mm rifle still :( , good morning @Sublime one

We did a few years ago when you said you liked them and maybe were considering buying one. I looked into them and liked what I saw and read. I finally got one. The trigger doesnt feel like a medium price range trigger. Feels like a much more expensive gun.

Must have been when I was going back and forth between that, a Glock, and an M&P. I went with the M&P then and then got a Glock lol. Still no Canik.

Must have been when I was going back and forth between that, a Glock, and an M&P. I went with the M&P then and then got a Glock lol. Still no Canik.
When you finally do get one, you will like it. I currently have a Shield Plus for EDC. Waiting to get a holster for the Canik. I have Vedder for my Smith's but they dont make one for the SF.

I have one of the Canik TP9 SFx. It's my first foray into a 9mm and I like it pretty much. Will be my house or truck gun, I prefer my 1911's for carry. I like that the plate can be removed to install a dot sight and I am putting a Holosun 507c on it to give that technology a whirl. If I like it, I will put on on my 1911 in 45 Super and 460 Rowland that I used for deer hunting. I was going to get rid of my Shield 45 now that I have the Canik, but then I came to my senses...

I have one of the Canik TP9 SFx. It's my first foray into a 9mm and I like it pretty much. Will be my house or truck gun, I prefer my 1911's for carry. I like that the plate can be removed to install a dot sight and I am putting a Holosun 507c on it to give that technology a whirl. If I like it, I will put on on my 1911 in 45 Super and 460 Rowland that I used for deer hunting. I was going to get rid of my Shield 45 now that I have the Canik, but then I came to my senses...

No sell, only buy

I bought a Apx A1 carry and haven shot it yet.I wanted a light weight to protect myself 8 round and a 6 round mag....its getting crazy on the road.I use a waist band holster.I use to carry in my 18 wheeler a XDM .45 but out of the truck the 5.25 will pull your pants down even with suspenders!

20220608_094045.jpg

I bought a Apx A1 carry and haven shot it yet.I wanted a light weight to protect myself 8 round and a 6 round mag....its getting crazy on the road.I use a waist band holster.I use to carry in my 18 wheeler a XDM .45 but out of the truck the 5.25 will pull your pants down even with suspenders!

View attachment 1715983316
I agree. One reason I plan on trying Liberty Civil Defense loads is the weight savings. At 50 grains each that should make a noticeable difference carrying all day.

****-for-brains moron at the farm next door shooting a pistol like it's a Steven Segal movie... ricochet flew fairly close over my head. I "explained" in high volume drill- sergeant voice that there were needed adjustments. This is the second instance of these fucktards doing that. I've been missed enough by people actually trying to shoot me. It would be ironic to actually get shot by some drunk redneck.

Stupid gun owners... just because they can't see my house they think they can't hit it. They don't understand ballistics.

:mad:

****-for-brains moron at the farm next door shooting a pistol like it's a Steven Segal movie... ricochet flew fairly close over my head. I "explained" in high volume drill- sergeant voice that there were needed adjustments. This is the second instance of these fucktards doing that. I've been missed enough by people actually trying to shoot me. It would be ironic to actually get shot by some drunk redneck.

Stupid gun owners... just because they can't see my house they think they can't hit it. They don't understand ballistics.

:mad:
I would be having a talk with them.

It will happen. I was out on the deck having a beer so not a good time to engage
I got peppered with shot while sitting in my hot tub. The wind was blowing toward me off of the river. Goose hunters got a visit from Mr. Game Warden.

I got peppered with shot while sitting in my hot tub. The wind was blowing toward me off of the river. Goose hunters got a visit from Mr. Game Warden.
Did you tell em "your goose is cooked! I'm not a sitting duck"?

-
Back