Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Any reloaders out there looking for powder, check out www.powder valley.com. I just ordered some from them Sunday and it showed up today! Price and shipping was very reasonable, considering the current market. Not price gouging like most people online.
As soon as you mentioned price gouging, I wondered if Cheaper Than Dirt sells powder.

Air rifles are a go. If it can blow holes in a beer can I guess its ok in here?

I got a funny crossbow story.....

:eek:

:)

As long as we all on the same page.

I just wanted any passer bys to know that folks in the know dont buy from cheaper than dirt because its stupid expensive.

I cant tell you how many people recomend that site....

I think I went on there two or three times and each time I thought to my self, WTF?

:)

They are the first ones to price gouge given the opportunity. They won't get a dime of my money, nor my recommendation.

They are the first ones to price gouge given the opportunity.
So correct. I generally go to Ammoseek.com. But check the ratings, 4 stars in the reviews is a minimum for me... Lots of flim flam going on with some of the ammo sites out there today. Operating out of old gas stations, charging your credit card when the ammo purchased isnt in stock, etc. Buyer beware!

So My buddy picked up a used crossbow at the pawn shop in Reno one day. He calls me up and go over. We drinking beers and checking it out. A few beers in and out comes a paper target and staple gun..

Paper target gets stapled to the fence....

Stan (my buddy) lets one loose and misses the target.....

Shot number two. Miss......

Huh..... he is a prety good shot... maybe I should try?

My shot is a miss.....

Wait..... are those holes in the target.......

The bolts were penetrating the fence and burying half way through the neighbors fence..

How or why the neighbors weren't out back BBQing that saturday I will never know.....

Thank god we didnt kill anyone.

So My buddy picked up a used crossbow at the pawn shop in Reno one day. He calls me up and go over. We drinking beers and checking it out. A few beers in and out comes a paper target and staple gun..

Paper target gets stapled to the fence....

Stan (my buddy) lets one loose and misses the target.....

Shot number two. Miss......

Huh..... he is a prety good shot... maybe I should try?

My shot is a miss.....

Wait..... are those holes in the target.......

The bolts were penetrating the fence and burying half way through the neighbors fence..

How or why the neighbors weren't out back BBQing that saturday I will never know.....

Thank god we didnt kill anyone.
The modern day cross bows are wicked nasty. I have never shot one but my boy hunts with one. Bolts which is what they call the arrows virtually blow thru the deer at like Mach six!

Any reloaders out there looking for powder, check out www.powdervalleyinc.com. I just ordered some from them Sunday and it showed up today! Price and shipping was very reasonable, considering the current market. Not price gouging like most people online.
Powder valley is one of the best out there

So correct. I generally go to Ammoseek.com. But check the ratings, 4 stars in the reviews is a minimum for me... Lots of flim flam going on with some of the ammo sites out there today. Operating out of old gas stations, charging your credit card when the ammo purchased isnt in stock, etc. Buyer beware!

I've had good luck with www.sgammo.Com

Heck with powder, anyone seen a small pistol primer in captivity lately? None in my neck of the woods. I am still ok but summer is coming and my consumption rate goes up dramatically.

there’s some on a local auction!

HOLY COW!!! I had no idea how powerful air guns can be. Grouping at 200yards with a .357 bullet. Not a pellet but a Nozler bullet.
That's not really what I'm after though. Something that can take small game would be nice.

Heck with powder, anyone seen a small pistol primer in captivity lately? None in my neck of the woods. I am still ok but summer is coming and my consumption rate goes up dramatically.

targetsportsusa had 100 5000 primer (we call sleeves). Yesterday. Who knows now.

anyone seen a small pistol primer in captivity lately?

Yep, I have thousands of them under lock and key, lol. I can still get them here, but the price is tough to swallow. I saw some a couple weeks ago and they want 12.99 a sleeve of 100. Ouch! 129 a box of 1000, that's almost 100 dollars over normal price.

Break out the CC, lol. Up to 12 cents each. I'm still punching out 9mm at less than 10 cents a round.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/927705464

Local Cabela's gets primers in randomly but you just about have to be standing there when they bring them out or they will be gone in 45min. Seems that a bunch of people being paid not to work or are retired, just hang out each day and know the schedule. Many of them are marked up and sold at the local gun shows. I lucked into some a couple months ago @$8/100 and bought few boxes just for emergency. I'm pretty solid on SR/LR but getting really low on SP/LP but I refuse to pay $120/1000 before I am completely out. I waited out the last big shortage in 2008-2012 timeframe and when Widener's had a sale at $14/1000, I loaded up.
Powder is starting to show up in dribs and drabs but it's not too cheap either. Getting to be an expensive hobby. Used guns are way up in price too, just like used cars.

Seems that a bunch of people being paid not to work or are retired, just hang out each day and know the schedule. Many of them are marked up and sold at the local gun shows.
I am trying to think of anyone I despise worse than these people.

Happy Sunday! Hope your bracket goes well if it is something you are doing. My guys always have me fill one out, for my donation deposit! They know I do not follow basketball even remotely and always just select my home team Ark to go all the way. Hah I have first place bracket, Arkansas is still alive! Anyway, wife is transitioning from winter gun to summer gun, I had no idea that was a thing? So we worked out some kinks with a SIG 365 XL yesterday. It meets her Concealcarry parameters for summer and shot very nicely but let’s just say the trigger could use some refinement. Holy smokes it was a long scratchy pull. I got smoother crank bait rods.

1D193D45-5C1D-43B8-B2E1-07A411494FD0.jpeg

Happy Sunday! Hope your bracket goes well if it is something you are doing. My guys always have me fill one out, for my donation deposit! They know I do not follow basketball even remotely and always just select my home team Ark to go all the way. Hah I have first place bracket, Arkansas is still alive! Anyway, wife is transitioning from winter gun to summer gun, I had no idea that was a thing? So we worked out some kinks with a SIG 365 XL yesterday. It meets her Concealcarry parameters for summer and shot very nicely but let’s just say the trigger could use some refinement. Holy smokes it was a long scratchy pull. I got smoother crank bait rods.

View attachment 1715896502

Im seriously considering buying one of those 365’s. If you think the trigger is bad on that pistol then stay away from S&W’s small frame guns. It’s between the Sig and a Glock 48 for me.

Im seriously considering buying one of those 365’s. If you think the trigger is bad on that pistol then stay away from S&W’s small frame guns. It’s between the Sig and a Glock 48 for me.
Be sure and get the XL as it has the extended mag and longer grip. The straight 365 was a bit hard to manage. The longer grip really makes a difference.

Be sure and get the XL as it has the extended mag and longer grip. The straight 365 was a bit hard to manage. The longer grip really makes a difference.

I ran some magazines through my friends 365 a couple weeks ago and loved it but he actually said he was getting the XL soon. I was going to try to grab his 365 cheap when he upgraded.

-
Back