Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Here is the two I had, the one on the left (chain collar) I lost the first part of July, the other knucklehead is still here, lol. I sure do miss the one, Zeus, what a fantastic dog he was. I adopted both of these guys too. I must be a home for wayward Malinois............

View attachment 1715997983
Are those all Belgian Malinois? Those are what I would have pictured - until you posted the all black one.

Are those all Belgian Malinois?

Yes, there are several different shades. This is just a general idea.

1665778346642.png

PCC recomendation?
Anyone have experience with the various Pistol Caliber Carbines/SBRs that could share or give recommendation? I'd like to get one in 45 ACP because that is the caliber I use the most. Second choice would be 9mm. Conceal-ability and compact size is a significant feature and being able to unlimber and put into action quickly is important. I would be carrying concealed in a pack or bag for security detail I am part of. Besides that, they look like a lot of fun to play with. Magazine type isn't a big concern, though higher capacity(13+) is more desirable than the standaed 7-8 from a 1911 mag. At some point a suppressor may come into play but that is not the main focus. The CMMG Banshee looks pretty neat but isn't foldable as-is far as I can tell and is at the top of my price range.

PCC recomendation?
Anyone have experience with the various Pistol Caliber Carbines/SBRs that could share or give recommendation? I'd like to get one in 45 ACP because that is the caliber I use the most. Second choice would be 9mm. Conceal-ability and compact size is a significant feature and being able to unlimber and put into action quickly is important. I would be carrying concealed in a pack or bag for security detail I am part of. Besides that, they look like a lot of fun to play with. Magazine type isn't a big concern, though higher capacity(13+) is more desirable than the standaed 7-8 from a 1911 mag. At some point a suppressor may come into play but that is not the main focus. The CMMG Banshee looks pretty neat but isn't foldable as-is far as I can tell and is at the top of my price range.

Well, some folks laugh at me when I suggest the KelTec Sub 2000. I love mine, folds in half and slides right into my backpack and they accept the Glock 33 round mags. Mine is in 9mm, I can hit steel fairly consistently at 100 yds, and have done so at 200 but ya gotta aim at the moon to do it, lol..

They do have a threaded barrel for a can down the road. Oh, and their customer service is top shelf in my experience.

For 9mm I am happy with my take down ruger pc 9. I put the factory mag well adaptor in so I run glock mags easy to find reliable hi capacity

Well, some folks laugh at me when I suggest the KelTec sub 2000. I love mine, folds in half and slides right into my backpack and they accept the Glock 33 round mags. Mine is in 9mm, I can hit steel fairly consistently at 100 yds, and have done so at 200 but ya gotta aim at the moon to do it, lol..

They do have a threaded barrel for a can down the road.
I wouldnt laugh at the keltec folder its a neat idea. Hell i used to plink with a Hi-Point 9mm carbing thos are about the most laughable guns out there at least their pistols that riffle never jammed and went bang every time. But there limitation in my mind was the single stack mag 10 round factory or goofy looking red ball aftermarket 20. My father in law needed some sort of home defense gun so I gave that on to him last christmas after I picked up the ruger

Well, some folks laugh at me when I suggest the KelTec Sub 2000. I love mine, folds in half and slides right into my backpack and they accept the Glock 33 round mags. Mine is in 9mm, I can hit steel fairly consistently at 100 yds, and have done so at 200 but ya gotta aim at the moon to do it, lol..

They do have a threaded barrel for a can down the road. Oh, and their customer service is top shelf in my experience.
I've looked at a held a Sub 2000 a few years ago and it was interesting and has potential. The folding method negates the use of a mounted optic though, doesn't it? Not that it is a hard requirement, I'd prefer to have a red dot of some sort.

I've looked at a held a Sub 2000 a few years ago and it was interesting and has potential. The folding method negates the use of a mounted optic though, doesn't it? Not that it is a hard requirement, I'd prefer to have a red dot of some sort.

I have not used this, but I may at some point.

KEL-TEC SUB-2000 Optic Mount

Skip to the last 2 or 3 minutes to see finished product and operation, up to that point it's just putting screws in, lol.

I have not used this, but I may at some point.

KEL-TEC SUB-2000 Optic Mount

Skip to the last 2 or 3 minutes to see finished product and operation, up to that point it's just putting screws in, lol.

That was a tedious video... but it does seem to be a solution. It does add some width to the package when folded but it gets past the main problem.

Long day of driving so dropped the doggo off at a sitter so she wouldn't be stuck in the truck for 8+ hours. I think she enjoyed her day. (She's the tan one)

IMG_20221018_efed119.jpg

IMG_20221018_962bafa.jpg

What are y'all using for gun cleaners and/or lube?
I've been using Hornady One Shot for a while now with good results.

What are y'all using for gun cleaners and/or lube?
I've been using Hornady One Shot for a while now with good results.

Long gun, carbine or pistol?

Pistol I stay old school with a Hoppes kit

Carbine I'm still military bent so CLP

Long gun Ballistol and JB bore cleaner

Lean toward sweets for lube or the Hoppes oil.

I tend to leave my arms fairly dry

Long gun, carbine or pistol?

Pistol I stay old school with a Hoppes kit

Carbine I'm still military bent so CLP

Long gun Ballistol and JB bore cleaner

Lean toward sweets for lube or the Hoppes oil.

I tend to leave my arms fairly dry
Hopes here and more guns been ruined with a brush than saved

-
Back