Guy is hinting? this was a hemi or 440-6/ 69 1/2?

-
The 4:10 Dana 60 was not factory installed in that GTS.
Someone added it before your buddy bought it.
In fact, there were never any A-Bodies made with Dana 60s in them with the exception of the '68 Hurst built Hemi 4 speed race cars.
And even then, they were not A-Body width, but B-Body width.
Ok, my friend bought it from his cousin who didn't drive the car for sometime. Friend bought it sometime in mid- 70's. There was a lot of carbon to be blown out of it. And I know it wasn't an 8 3/4 cause it wasn't rounded.

Ok, my friend bought it from his cousin who didn't drive the car for sometime. Friend bought it sometime in mid- 70's. There was a lot of carbon to be blown out of it. And I know it wasn't an 8 3/4 cause it wasn't rounded.
Perhaps you misunderstood my post(s) and intentions with them.
I did not say at any time that the car DID NOT have a 4:10 Dana 60 in it.
I merely meant that it did not roll off the assembly line with it.
Someone installed it and replaced the 8 3/4 that the car came with for whatever reason.
Some dealers back in the day (and still today) will install whatever the customer wants for the right price, Mr. Norm's in Chicago comes to mind here............
They were famous for their upgrades and package cars in the muscle car era and would certainly sell or build for the customer what they wanted for the right price.
I personally think a Dana 60 in an A-Body is an awesome thing, no matter how it made it there.

Here's a brief story on how things can get out of hand when it comes to originality.

I bought a '69 Super Bee in the early '80s.
It was a 383 4speed with a 3:23 8 3/4 sure grip and a ramcharger hood.
I actually bought from the second owner and the car was pretty tired with just over 100,000 miles on it, but it was very original except the engine was replaced once.
I drove the car for a couple of months and spun a rod bearing.
I bought a '71 440 H.P. engine from my brother, re ringed it with new gaskets etc. and thew it back together.
I wrecked the pinion bearing in the rear end shortly after doing a burnout.
I found a 3:54 Dana 60 out of a rolled '68 GTX and replaced the 8 3/4 with it.
I had no more drive train problems with the car and drove it for about 20 years and then sold it to my other brother.
He then sold it to a guy about 300 miles away.
A couple of years ago, the guy he sold it to phoned me out of the blue to ask me if i wanted to buy the car back.

Here's the kicker!
He was under the impression that it was a rare '69 Super Bee 440 4 barrel 4 speed car with the Dana 60 all factory installed with matching numbers and everything original!
When my brother sold it to him, i was there when he delivered it and nothing was said about the car being originally equipped that way.
As a matter of fact, i told him exactly how the car was built and when and why the changes took place.
A quick look at the V.I.N would tell anyone that it was originally a 383 car, and a look at the casting date on the block would show it was a '71 engine, as well as a ''G'' for the year built on the raised pad. The car even had the matching numbers 23 spline 4 speed in it!

But there was no convincing him that the car did not come from the factory that way.
He thought he had a 1 of 1 specially built car, and still does i suppose............

I owned a 69 Corronet R/T in 1972. It was a 440 six pack 4spd 410 Dana. I bought it from the original owner with 1300 miles on it for $1300. The motor was dealer installed.

The car came to the dealer as a 440 4bbl. and the Engine came with it Ironically My son worked for the dealer where the car was ordered. Berk Motors. Dennis Berk remembered doing that to the R/T. He ordered the car with a 440 six pack.

I still have the Title here in My desk it says it was a 4bbl.. It was stolen in 1973 along with My 70 swinger. I got the Dart back in 2006. So I know who stole the R/T. The R/T is on the road re-titled. And Guess what there isn't a thing I can legally do. Duplicate Title trumps the original here in Pa. Unless the car is in my posession.

I have a trooper that frequents the shop working on it. It may have an out of state title transferred to pa. That becomes a different ball game. Forging my name for a duplicate is legal. Having and out of state title for a car titled in Pa. is not so he says .
I sold the orange 340 dart At Carlisle.

I owned a 69 Corronet R/T in 1972. It was a 440 six pack 4spd 410 Dana. I bought it from the original owner with 1300 miles on it for $1300. The motor was dealer installed.

The car came to the dealer as a 440 4bbl. and the Engine came with it Ironically My son worked for the dealer where the car was ordered. Berk Motors. Dennis Berk remembered doing that to the R/T. He ordered the car with a 440 six pack.

I still have the Title here in My desk it says it was a 4bbl.. It was stolen in 1973 along with My 70 swinger. I got the Dart back in 2006. So I know who stole the R/T. The R/T is on the road re-titled. And Guess what there isn't a thing I can legally do. Duplicate Title trumps the original here in Pa. Unless the car is in my posession.

I have a trooper that frequents the shop working on it. It may have an out of state title transferred to pa. That becomes a different ball game. Forging my name for a duplicate is legal. Having and out of state title for a car titled in Pa. is not so he says .
I sold the orange 340 dart At Carlisle.
Nothing worse than a thief.

Nothing worse than a thief.
The thief that stole it became a law enforcement officer. He came here with State troopers to get his car back. I had the original title . I kept them both for years. Tail between their legs they all got in their cars and left. Two marked cars and a unmarked.
While they were threatening me. I kept a smile. They had no clue I was the original owner that he stole it from in 73. I new him from back then. I never thought it was that crew that stole them. They were the perfect Jocks They didn't hang with us partying waiting for are draft numbers to come up.

The thief that stole it became a law enforcement officer. He came here with State troopers to get his car back. I had the original title . I kept them both for years. Tail between their legs they all got in their cars and left. Two marked cars and a unmarked.
While they were threatening me. I kept a smile. They had no clue I was the original owner that he stole it from in 73. I new him from back then. I never thought it was that crew that stole them. They were the perfect Jocks They didn't hang with us partying waiting for are draft numbers to come up.
Yeah, I remember you telling us about that in a different thread....the one about the 440 6pac 'Cuda in Oregon? Or I think you did, memory ain't the greatest anymore.

The same gentleman who came to my house just was caught with a stolen 1968 Hemi cuda. A man in the area died. This man went and took his cars. Several of them and Hemi motors. out of his airplane hanger. A friend of the dead man came here looking for info on them a long time ago.

When I found this out I called my friend He is a member on this site. He called the state police they told him to they have no info for him stay out of it. On the other hand I asked my trooper friend and he said the whole thing was beung hushed up. No one will give up the cars . The man that died also owned the Lime Green AAR Cuda on the box of the 1/24 model kit the pic was taken at an airport. Several Corvette's and other cars.

Sort of like the Clinton's a two tier justice system.

Sorry but that is when you jump the local and state troopers and go straight to the AG and let a newspaper/tv station know about the corruption.

A lawyer from a different court district that will try the case in a court where he is friends with the judge is usually a big help in these situations.

-
Back