Guys, Gals this has been buggin' me....

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
Well, not really buggin' me, it's just been on my mind a lot lately... Before anyone spazzes, I just want to say that all the young guns on here are the future of our hobby and a big shout out to you all... Theres one young gun on here that reminds me a lot of myself at his age, and I'm sure a lot of you older guys and gals can relate to what I'm talking about and how it felt getting your first mopar.. Back then it wasnt real hard to score a cool mopar, $1,000 would buy about any mopar you wanted.. This young man is bustin' his azz to make his mopar dream a reality, he's on here with us every day, he has nothing but respect and kindness for us all... If you havent guessed who I'm talking about yet it's DarTT.... Lets help him out with his dream a little, I'm not saying throw money at him, I'm talking about helping him out with some parts for his '70 Dart project, if its only a few gaskets or a pair of cool valve covers or maybe a window crank.. I'm going to give him a 360 to go in it, that 360 will need some gaskets, a decent intake and carb and an old pair of headers wouldnt hurt, theres lots of other parts I'm sure he'll need to get the project stated, I'm sure any and all help would be greatly appreciated.. I hope you don't get mad at me for posting this DarTT, it's just the way I feel....

2010-09-1570DartGT-MikeKs2.jpg

It definitely is MUCH harder to round up a decent Duster or Dart these days... I am not in these cars for the money like a lot of people are unfortunately.. Hell I recently sold a '72 Duster with less than 30k original miles, 2 owner car for $1500 just to thin the herd! I would be glad to help the young man out but it will have to wait as I have no access to my parts since I'm deployed... But I will say I agree with you on helping out the young guns... Us older guys have a lot of connections that the younger folks don't have... yet. I wish DarTT all the best on his build

green hornet i know what your saying and im in too i have a 904 trans that worked good when i pulled it a yr and a half ago might even have a cross member for it too DarTT just come and get it
Terry

Yeah being in a similar position as dartt (age wise, although my first a body was bought road ready) I appreciate the respect and help you guys are offering for the younger members. Kinda makes me wish I lived closer to the all of you fabo members. There aren't enough california people here! Hah.a

I have been reading your posts. If I can help with anything you need let me know. I live in Pa. I have alot of Duster and Demon parts. Some might work for you. I am going to take this intake and valve covers off. also the distributor , wires , coil. and headers. this car is being put back to original. You will have to pay the shipping.I will be taking this out as soon as my truck is finished. Before winter for sure. I will keep intouch. Let me know. Maybe someone can help him with shipping on his end. I will glass bead the intake when its off so it looks new. I might not use the carb but not sure. Everything on here works perfect car ran low 12's in its day. still starts and drives. There is also a set of 4 Aluminum slots laying here. off a 70 dart with like new Micky thomson tires Indy profile on rear. I was not from a wealthy family. I use to work outside like you . in the rain and snow under a tarpe. Now 40 years later I have a complete resto shop for me and my hobbies. And 5 sponcers for my sons sprint car one being a Dodge Dealer. They all kicked in on his orange Duster. What comes around goes around. If you have a dream follow it. It keeps you going through hard times. Do not give up on the Dart no matter what arrises. I honestly believe God only helps those who help Others. I lived by that. I have every nut ,bolt and bracket to install that motor also. Heres a pic of my son and the motor parts . You can see by his eyes he smiling ear to ear. If only my dad would have met him.

What a cool idea Hornet! You're a guy after my own heart. Assuming DartT isn't going to have any objections to this whole idea, I want in too. I'll be watching this thread and waiting on the sideline to see how I can help. :-D

Good idea Paul!
If i can help with anything, let me know.
I really find his enthusiasm refreshing.
He's like a young memike!
Small parts i can send for free, i just need to know what he wants or needs. I have lots of ***** and bits and doo dads he can have for free. Someone p.m. me on this.
Let's get this car on the road!
Tom.

green hornet i know what your saying and im in too i have a 904 trans that worked good when i pulled it a yr and a half ago might even have a cross member for it too DarTT just come and get it
Terry

I'll get the trans when I pick up the drill press. I'm helpin Mike with his engine and trans build and this is where the engine and trans needs to be anyhow. Don't worry. I ain't doin it FOR him. I'm gonna teach him to fish. LOL I have a good 4 barrel intake I'll throw on him if he wants it. We haven't really talked about what carb he's gonna run yet. I already have an A-999 that I would let him have, but I promised it and some manifolds I have to Harrison on here in return for a slant six and slant 904 trans. This is good he's got the trans covered too, now. And anybody that wants to donate anything engine, trans and drivetrain and suspension related PM me and I'll come get it. As long as it aint too far from middle Georgia. Since I'm gonna be helpin him, this is where all the parts need to be. If somebody wants to bring somethin here, that's cool, too.

I have been reading your posts. If I can help with anything you need let me know. I live in Pa. I have alot of Duster and Demon parts. Some might work for you. I am going to take this intake and valve covers off. also the distributor , wires , coil. and headers. this car is being put back to original. You will have to pay the shipping.I will be taking this out as soon as my truck is finished. Before winter for sure. I will keep intouch. Let me know. Maybe someone can help him with shipping on his end. I will glass bead the intake when its off so it looks new. I might not use the carb but not sure. Everything on here works perfect car ran low 12's in its day. still starts and drives. There is also a set of 4 Aluminum slots laying here. off a 70 dart with like new Micky thomson tires Indy profile on rear. I was not from a wealthy family. I use to work outside like you . in the rain and snow under a tarpe. Now 40 years later I have a complete resto shop for me and my hobbies. And 5 sponcers for my sons sprint car one being a Dodge Dealer. They all kicked in on his orange Duster. What comes around goes around. If you have a dream follow it. It keeps you going through hard times. Do not give up on the Dart no matter what arrises. I honestly believe God only helps those who help Others. I lived by that. I have every nut ,bolt and bracket to install that motor also. Heres a pic of my son and the motor parts . You can see by his eyes he smiling ear to ear. If only my dad would have met him.

PM me and let me know when you're ready. He needs that stuff and I'll pay you to ship the stuff, since I'll have the dough before he will and this is where all the parts need to be. Since the parts are THERE NOW, we better jump on um. He can just reimburse me......or just become my endentured slave for a while.

Oh and if anybody wants to feel froggy and just send us stuff for free shippin and all, we ain't ashamed to take it. LMAO I'm on disability myself and am on a seriously fixed income. I am going to help Mike all I can. IF I can spare shippin money here and there I will and he can reimburse me later. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sweet IDEA!! I may have a few things the span models....gaskets & such.... I'm in!!

Funny you should get this going now, last week Wed a bunch of us met in Mt Clemens MI. and we noticed that most of the guys standin next to the cars & rubbin em down had a "Touch of gray" ( if they had a strand of hair left at all)......the question was was asked..."who's gonna do this when all us boomers are gone?" most of the yung guns are into overly decorated foreign rice burning sewing machings on steriods that boom more than they go.....precious few hold any regard for ground pounding "Detroit muscle".....its refreshing to see that some yunguns still dance to a different drummer and desire the look of the lines, the feel of the steel , the glimmer of chrome and the excitement generated by releasing 400 plus horses with the tip of your toe, scorching the rubber while listening to the roar of the engine & exhaust and feeling the g force slam you back in your seat as your classic leaps into kinetic momentum!!
The answer to the question asked WHO.... yunguns like DarTT!! who wanna go to that "special place" where it all started...... hooo RAH!!
I am in and I will scan the locals for what they may be able to contribute to the cause this is a noble venture and I will do what I can to help
applause applause!!!
DARTT never take your eyes off the prize!!!

Y'all are AWESOME!!! I guess I'm showin' my age (43) but mopars were plentiful back when I was moparin' it up, even for us poor kids, now days you're lucky to find anything... DarTT's got a lot of work ahead of him, I have all the faith in the world in this young man... He has started a restoration thread in the members restoration forum, and he doesnt even have the dart home yet, thats drive and determination in my book....

sweet idea! I am in! Let us know what you need, I will dig through my pile of parts! I too, am building a 70 dart!!!

I wish he could come up here and just look around, I have a lot of stuff, just too good to throw away, but I don't need.

How about an Eddy 750 cfm that needs cleaned up and rebuilt?

I need the room, a whole lot worse than I need the parts.

I wish he could come up here and just look around, I have a lot of stuff, just too good to throw away, but I don't need.

That eddy would be a great carb for a mild 360 Ed, maybe some other member could kit if for him... This 360 I have I'll never use so why not give it to someone who can... Now if we can just get this young whipper-snapper to post us a list ;)

Send it on. you want my address? I'll clean it build it and sack it up til we have the motor built.

I have a new chrome oil pan for a 360 I may never use.....get a list, I have more!!

Ed, I just PM'ed you my address.

Rob

StrokerScamp thats great theres a smart guy like you close by to help him out and give a little guideance... I remember my younger cousin hanging around and watching everything I did when I was wrenching on my old mopars, now he has his own garage and rollback service.. Little things can make a big difference in a young persons life...

-
Back