Had a great day/week/month,let's hear about it

-
Well I did get headhunted by a Consulting firm to open up, Run and Manage a satelite office in a different City.:-|

It's something positve at least,here's hoping they come through with a position for ya megaman.Don't give up hope.8)

My biggest news this week is...my daughter Haelee(3 yrs. old)is now going potty.This is good news to me in the buying diapers department!Weening off them now!WooHoo!:cheers:
View attachment 147327

She is a real cutie Scott. Bet that's a "load" off your mind.Yep it's a big change,I had 2 daughters and it sure does help.Way to go Haelee.:cheers:

My biggest news this week is...my daughter Haelee(3 yrs. old)is now going potty.This is good news to me in the buying diapers department!Weening off them now!WooHoo!:cheers:
View attachment 147327

Oh man I remember that feeling when the kids were finally done with diapers!! Way to go Haelee!!! I remember one of our daughters was finally potty trained and my mom who was baby sitting at the time put a diaper on her to go outside. It took another 2 weeks before we got her to go potty again!!

We had a small sales contest at work; the reward was a chance to play Whirlyball. It's a cross between bumper cars, lacrosse and basketball and alcohol is served. It was fun to try something new and meet people who work at other locations and let off some steam. We did laser tag too which was actually more fun.

006.jpg

001.jpg

007.jpg

003.jpg

My last week was interesting from the viewpoint of job hunting. I had four interviews with four different companies in four different locations (one as a home office and the other three were in the US). One of the sessions was split across two days, for a total of five different sessions. That gobbles up more energy than pulling a block and tranny out; at least a good night's sleep after car work leaves you feeling refreshed. Now, I get to "hurry up and wait" this week while still throwing out applications.

On the vehicle front, I have been getting great advice on rims, camshafts, and valve springs from the FABO crew. The list of potential combinations for engine configuration is getting whittled down a bit at a time.

Two of my children are finishing karate and starting soccer, just as the temperature dips to around 40F with the potential for rain/snow. Springtime in the foothills of the Canadian rockies can bring three seasons in one day.

i am blessed also got a wonder family , a wife of 14 years this year , a little girl that is the apple of my eye who will be 11 next week , a 7 year old little boy who shares the love of the outdoors with his father, a job to provide for them what else could a man ask for .

his and mine from this weekend both with 10 inch beards.

100_1419-1-1.jpg

Spring is here, my favorite time of the year. Dandelions in the yard and apple blossoms on my trees. Yesterday I mowed the lawn for the first time this season. Tonight I get to watch 2 games, my 8 year old in soccer and my 10 year old in softball (my favorite sport and she loves it as much as I do!) Tomorrow we are going racing, husband and wife, Dart vs. Duster. My husband has a great job that pays well which is a blessing in Michigan. My two oldest both brought home straight A report cards last week. Life is good. :)

I've been having a pretty good year so far. Working on the Dart, Have another grandbaby coming any day:) Also got one more in the oven baking from my other daughter:) This will make 6 grand kids so far:cheers: I Got me a nice 10.5% raise and a promotion to highest grade level where I work:cheers: Will be at 15 yrs with this company in November. I am also eligible for my sabatical......8 wks paid vacation every seven yrs on top of normal vacation time. I'm planning on taking it next summer:cheers::cheers:

most recent pics teaching my girls how to climb trees and the cat decided to join us. Also movie and homemade tent night:)

Picture 032 (Medium).jpg

Picture 024 (Medium).jpg

We had a small sales contest at work; the reward was a chance to play Whirlyball. It's a cross between bumper cars, lacrosse and basketball and alcohol is served. It was fun to try something new and meet people who work at other locations and let off some steam. We did laser tag too which was actually more fun.

Whirlyball,that sounds like a blast.I sure could use some of that to let off some steam with or without the alcohol.Sounds like a great outfit to work for.Glad ya stopped by Goldie.8)

My last week was interesting from the viewpoint of job hunting. I had four interviews with four different companies in four different locations (one as a home office and the other three were in the US). One of the sessions was split across two days, for a total of five different sessions. That gobbles up more energy than pulling a block and tranny out; at least a good night's sleep after car work leaves you feeling refreshed. Now, I get to "hurry up and wait" this week while still throwing out applications.

On the vehicle front, I have been getting great advice on rims, camshafts, and valve springs from the FABO crew. The list of potential combinations for engine configuration is getting whittled down a bit at a time.

Two of my children are finishing karate and starting soccer, just as the temperature dips to around 40F with the potential for rain/snow. Springtime in the foothills of the Canadian rockies can bring three seasons in one day.

Good luck with the job hunting,at least your getting some bites.Good to see your car is coming along,specially with some FABO help. I wouldn't mind spending some time in the foothills sounds real nice.8)

i am blessed also got a wonder family , a wife of 14 years this year , a little girl that is the apple of my eye who will be 11 next week , a 7 year old little boy who shares the love of the outdoors with his father, a job to provide for them what else could a man ask for .

his and mine from this weekend both with 10 inch beards.

100_1419-1-1.jpg

You certainly are blessed.This is great to hear and thanks for the post and the super picture of you and your boy.8)

Spring is here, my favorite time of the year. Dandelions in the yard and apple blossoms on my trees. Yesterday I mowed the lawn for the first time this season. Tonight I get to watch 2 games, my 8 year old in soccer and my 10 year old in softball (my favorite sport and she loves it as much as I do!) Tomorrow we are going racing, husband and wife, Dart vs. Duster. My husband has a great job that pays well which is a blessing in Michigan. My two oldest both brought home straight A report cards last week. Life is good. :)

Well,I am overwhelmed witht these great stories.Here's another from dustergal.Life is good alright,you certainly seem to have it all. Good to see.8)8)

I've been having a pretty good year so far. Working on the Dart, Have another grandbaby coming any day:) Also got one more in the oven baking from my other daughter:) This will make 6 grand kids so far:cheers: I Got me a nice 10.5% raise and a promotion to highest grade level where I work:cheers: Will be at 15 yrs with this company in November. I am also eligible for my sabatical......8 wks paid vacation every seven yrs on top of normal vacation time. I'm planning on taking it next summer:cheers::cheers:

most recent pics teaching my girls how to climb trees and the cat decided to join us. Also movie and homemade tent night:)

I'll say it's been a good year,more grandkids,a big fat raise,8 wks paid vacation,and two little sweethearts to share it with.They look like they had a great day.Thanks for sharing dartman.8)

I went to an all mopar picnic at a guys home last saturday it's a invatation only type thing have never been my god mopar heaven. these are the pics from his website for this year. The photo gallery for the last 7 years can be found at mopars at merit's. sorry for the small pics my camera was at home i forgot it duh.

PhotosByMerit_DSC01536.jpg

VicLongman_M@M09%20009.jpg

I went to an all mopar picnic at a guys home last saturday it's a invatation only type thing have never been my god mopar heaven. these are the pics from his website for this year. The photo gallery for the last 7 years can be found at mopars at merit's. sorry for the small pics my camera was at home i forgot it duh.

That sounds like a blast,specially invite only.That aerial picture looks interesting.You forgot your camera?:toothy10: Cool next time ,take your camera and bury us in pics. Thanks Lou and ..........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCg2BoKiuOM"]YouTube- Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day[/ame]

:salute:This is not something that happened to me but a new friend. I lost the best friend I ever had in March so I kinda worry about friends. My friend and neighbor is a police officer and on the SWAT Team. This morning he participated in a "no knock" entry on a crack dealers home. That home being close enough where we heard the flash bangs and bullhorns. The "homeowner" has been in prison for attempted murder, has shot people and been shot, and carries all the time.
We see the TV shows about SWAT but don't realize the worry that takes place with family and friends of those officers. I knew "something" was to go down but not specifics. When I got the text message this AM that he was OK, I felt almost the same relief as when my wife got the first "all clear" after her breast cancer.
If anyone happens to be enjoying a libation this evening, raise a toast to the officers serving on our behalf.

Life is all about ups and downs, gotta roll with the punches as you ride the roller coaster.

Pursue and preserve the American dream, and fight those who want to destroy it, and fight along side of those who want to preserve it ....yeah, that about sums it up.

Last sat. went with the youngest daughter to buy a new car, she bought an avenger so while the paper work was being done dad drove the srt8 that was on the lot. I really think I need that car however my wife thought not. Sat night to a social in the Peg. Sunday we visited friends all the way home. Was a great weekend. This weekend the eldest daughter leaves for Thailand to teach, not quite sure I like that but I am sure it will be an experience.

-
Back