Had a Lucid-type Dream Last Night

-

dibbons

Reaction score
This morning I awoke at 5:30 AM, remembering a long list of "events" I had experienced during my dreaming stages. I ended up writing down a 1,300 word summary. The dream(s) contained some real people (spouse, stepchild), real places (town where my AAA insurance agent has an office), and real vehicles (a '63 Pontiac Grand Prix I purchased for $100 back in the 1970's). It also contained one of those daily chores of sitting on the toilet. The real pieces in the dream have absolutely no relation to one another. All I can say is, thanks to those "real" pieces being incorporated in the dreams, the events I experienced in the dream seemed to be more reality than fantasy.

(The Pontiac itself was not in the dream, but I "saw" a vehicle in the dream that reminded me of it and so I told a "bystander' in the dream what Pontiac I used to own)

Lucid dream - Wikipedia

63 Pontiac1.jpg

63 Pancho Catalina? Last time I had a dream of dropping a Deuce, I woke up and had to!

I find dreams to be really interesting.
Sometimes when I am in between construction jobs, I like sleeping in. I'll set the alarm for 9:00 AM and hit the snooze bar 3 or 4 times. In between, I have one or 2 short dreams. They are like little movies to me of random things.
I read once that it is believed that in our dreams, all the thoughts are totally random and in no specific linear order. It is when we wake up that our brain tries to put everything in sequence. That could explain why they often make no sense.
Also.....Isn't it strange how in a dream, you could be doing or seeing something so completely impossible but you just seem to go along as if it is normal?

Last dream I remember was a few night ago
I was swimming and got attacked by a shark, so I tried stabbing it with my fork

No clue why I would be swimming with a fork...but there it was
Come to think of it, it was in my right hand...and I'm a lefty

Last dream I remember was a few night ago
I was swimming and got attacked by a shark, so I tried stabbing it with my fork

No clue why I would be swimming with a fork...but there it was
Come to think of it, it was in my right hand...and I'm a lefty
But where was the fork? LOL

I was being chased by a lion once, as a teenager. In the dream I was about 10 years old. It finally caught me and bit me in the left butt cheek. I immediately awoke..... somewhat predictably, with a very sore cheek, which continued to ache for, As I recall, about 3 days.
Now in my sixties, I battle demons in my dreams.
The rest of the story I deleted, as it probably belongs in another forum.

Last edited:
I don't know if this will be interesting to anyone, but...
Dreams are often most interesting to the person that had them. Regardless, I remember the end of the original "Nightmare on Elm Street" where the female lead character deduced that since Freddy was only in her dreams, he could be defeated by making herself aware of him being fictional while she was dreaming.
Having stated that....
I had a dream once that I was being chased while on foot. Some sort of monster was gaining on me when I suddenly realized that I was dreaming. I slowed down and stopped running and turned around to see the monster quickly disappear. This was about 20 years ago. Sometimes since then I've been dreaming, involved in absurd situations, silly, dangerous, etc...and suddenly realized that it wasn't real. From there it has gone a few different ways. Sometimes I've been able to steer a situation my way, others I've fought and fought only to get nowhere.
In the last few years, I've had several where the situations change but a common theme is shared with all of them: I am in some place or situation where I need to get somewhere or someplace and obstacles keep getting in my way. I know that this means something to those that analyze dreams. Sometimes I wise up in those dreams and quit fighting the obstacles, then the dream ends or changes to something else.
The human mind is a very complicated thing.

It is very rare for me to be able to get back into the same dream after waking. Good for you!

Strange boy you are, dreaming about faceless, curvaceous, vixens.

Then again, no face - no talking. It really is a cool dream.

Ya know dogs have an amazing pain threshold!

I have been sitting here amazed at my 6 month old Labrador/Boxer mix. He was neutered at 1pm today and he is absolutely terrorizing my other 2 dogs right now. They area 10 year old Labradoodle (50lb) and a 4 year old Bichon Frize/Shitzu mix.

They, not so lovingly refer to him as "Achmed" the terrorist.

He has 2 speeds,
1. Sleep
2. Afterburn

The vet said to not allow him too much activityactivity, I said "right"!

I am just amazed how little the hole thing has slowed him down!

Ya know dogs have an amazing pain threshold!

I have been sitting here amazed at my 6 month old Labrador/Boxer mix. He was neutered at 1pm today and he is absolutely terrorizing my other 2 dogs right now. They area 10 year old Labradoodle (50lb) and a 4 year old Bichon Frize/Shitzu mix.
They, not so lovingly refer to him as "Achmed" the terrorist.
He has 2 speeds,
1. Sleep
2. Afterburn
The vet said to not allow him too much activityactivity, I said "right"!
I am just amazed how little the hole thing has slowed him down!

Uhhh, okay but what does any of this have to do with the topic of this thread?

Uhhh, okay but what does any of this have to do with the topic of this thread?

Absolutely nothing, I am stupid and thought I was in another thread.

Sorry, I am sure I'm the only one to do this!

:D

Numerous times I've gone to sleep with a problem on my mind be it computer or mechanical and while I'm sleeping my mind figured out the problem and I will wake up up with answer.

Numerous times I've gone to sleep with a problem on my mind be it computer or mechanical and while I'm sleeping my mind figured out the problem and I will wake up up with answer.

My phone will ring waking me up just before I get the answer.

I'm having dream right now.
I'm 30 years old and basking on a white-sand beach somewhere in the world with my beautiful young wife and there are just the two of us here. And then it dawns on me, this cannot be on earth in year 2018. So is this a dream..... or a nightmare. Where am I. Come here darlin, kiss me better.

I'm having dream right now.
I'm 30 years old and basking on a white-sand beach somewhere in the world with my beautiful young wife and there are just the two of us here. And then it dawns on me, this cannot be on earth in year 2018. So is this a dream..... or a nightmare. Where am I. Come here darlin, kiss me better.
It's a Dream. How I can tell is you did not mention the trash washing up on the beach.

-
Back