Had to part with my 72 Demon

-

dustyainc

Reaction score
Had to part with my '72 Demon 340 today.....

I went through a lot to get this car....and had it for over 10 years too...

But, when you have very serious choices to make, as in foreclosure on your home, etc... THE CHOICE IS VERY CLEAR.....

Despite of getting FAST CASH as well as also GIVING a very good price/deal to the 3rd party buyer; he's whining about the void to a '70-'71 Duster/Demon 340 Rallye Dash.....

I mean, $2000.00 for an original AND TOTALLY SOLID '72 "H" code Demon sans a drivetrain is mutually beneficial to me and the buyer, in this present economy: however DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SOMEONE THAT HAS A PRE '70 BARRACUDA dashboard, at least the metal structure so I can "GREASE WEASER"?

I was at the 2010 Mopars at Carlisle, PA and these dashes are not all too that uncommon and by Sunday....the seller is most often willing to negotiate, rather than hold the archaic piece for another year....

HELP....I sold my soul for this car many years ago....and I only have parts to barter with....I JUST DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO......give up the forthcoming $500.00 over a dumb dash...

HELP!!

The '70-'71 rallye dash isn't original to the car anyway, the '72 340 cars all came with the standard dash/cluster.
Is he holding a gun to your head for an unoriginal part to modify the car?
Tell him to piss off.

Post pictures here of your Demon unless he already has it,I'm sure you could get more than $2,000 and nobody here will whine about not having a ralley dash as Dartnut mentioned! That pisses me off knowing you practically give it away and he has the balls to complain!! Just my 2 cents..

Sucks that you had to get rid of your car. I know the boat you are in, my wife and I were in it for years out in TX. Good luck and keep your chin up, that's the only way you can see good things on the horizon.

I agree with you,Thats a good price.But that whinning is more common now that it is a buyers market.Sorry for your loss,but at least you have a place to hang your hat.

$2000 for a solid 72 "H" Demon roller is a steal. I don't think you would have to wait to long to sell it if you posted it on all the Mopar forums or even EBay. I would tell him to go Pi$$ up a tired rope and then I would bite the bullet for the next month until it sold.

Then again, I am not in your shoes and don't know your whole situation.

Jack

-
Back