Had to pay my last respects to my grandfather on Tuesday

-

torigr

Reaction score
I had to pay my last respects to my grandfather on Tuesday.He passed away last week Thursday from heart problems.Doctors said they would not operate on him due to his age,would of passed away on the operating table.Lived a long good life and was 89 years old.He was a great wise man and raised my mom on his own working hard.My grandfather was a mechanic at a couple Chrysler dealerships retiring in 1981.I am getting his old work uniforms,work toolbox and other things,inherited them from his will.Plus he did save me from more destruction when I was 15 years old.My life as a teen,I did smoke marijuana and did drink having unprotected sex.It was after I found out was pregnant with my oldest daughter Leslie when I was 15,had a talk with me.Said I better change my ways and I already paid the price,thought it over and he was right.Knew I was going to end up dead or in jail if I did not change.My mom saw the changes right away and got back the trust back from me proving it to her.He also had me write a good apology letter to my mom knowing I did hurt her in a way.It was on Mother's day that she read this letter and accepted it.I know he is in heaven looking down making sure I am safe.

Sorry to hear. He sounded like a great man. Prayers to you and your family. tmm

My condolences to your entire family. Sounds like a great guy! He is smiling down on you right now with pride.

PS, I smoked pot and had unprotected sex as well. (still do, but you decide which one or both??) LOL

I saw he loved me a lot on that day we had that talk.He was a great man.

Sorry for your loss. Your Grandfather sounds like a great man, very wise, and strong enough to intervene to make you realize where you were going wrong. Do him proud by continuing to honor him with your actions and teaching your children like he taught you.

He made me realize where I was going wrong and that had to stop.I have taught both of my daughters don't do what I did and they make the wise choices doing this honoring him.My mom remembers me sneaking in being high and drunk,her punishment was strict.I gave birth to my oldest daughter when I was 16,she saw I was doing things right and got a job to help raise her.Worst part was the boy that got me pregnant,denied my oldest daughter at first saying he was not the father.It involved a lawyer and court,judge did order a paternity test which he was found to be the father.

He made me realize where I was going wrong and that had to stop.I have taught both of my daughters don't do what I did and they make the wise choices doing this honoring him.My mom remembers me sneaking in being high and drunk,her punishment was strict.I gave birth to my oldest daughter when I was 16,she saw I was doing things right and got a job to help raise her.Worst part was the boy that got me pregnant,denied my oldest daughter at first saying he was not the father.It involved a lawyer and court,judge did order a paternity test which he was found to be the father.

It's never easy loosing anyone. I have been to three of my grandparents funerals and the best thing to get over the sad parts is time. Eventually you will only remember the good times and tell stories about all of the things he did. Every Friday my family gets together for dinner and we always tell stories of at least one of my grandparents.

Keep making him proud!

Condolences on the loss of a great mentor. The best way to honor his memory is try to be a better person and mentor than he was.

My condolences. That is really cool that he saved his old Chrysler uniforms from 34 years ago.

My sincere condolences, Prayers for you and your family.

Sounds like your grandfather was a great guy. My grandfathers passed away before I was born. Remember the good times you spent with him.

My condolences. That is really cool that he saved his old Chrysler uniforms from 34 years ago.

I have some from the 1970s and 1960s he saved also.I spent some good times with him working on cars also.I always remembered him hating the Fords,always reminded me never to buy a Ford.I did pay him back good for changing my life around,wrote a heart warming thank you letter to him for changing my life.

sorry for your loss. sounds like he was a great guy and care alot about you,to get you on the right path. He always be looking out for you.

-
Back