Hard time choosing a color ,need some pics for inspiration

-

chadf

Reaction score
Block sanding away on my 69 barracuda notchback.. picking a color for a car I build is simply the down right most hardest part of a build for me.. anyways I decided to let the wife pick the color this time..lol but she was no help .lol... she likes the high impact colors. She has it narrowed down to lemon twist. Sassy grass.or hemi orange..which isn't a lot of help lol... would out guys have any pics of 69 notchbacks in these colors? Not finding a whole lot on the net in the ways of good pics to help her choose

Last edited:
The original color is the pale green.. the interior is white.. I have the body in a reddish tintable primer right now just to get an idea what it would look like..the car will be getting the flat black hood .The side will be getting a similar version of the Aar Cuda stripes.(maybe no stripes at all). this car is more of a hot rod not a factory correct resto..it's a 6 cylinder car originally. Going to build a 499 low deck for it

DSC01392.JPG

Last edited:
Flat Black Hood wood look good on this car. my 69 GTX was this combo I think what ever color you choose you can't go wrong these car's look good just sitting. good luck
IMG_1112.JPG

I'd say one of the High Impact colors for sure.....Sassy Grass Green would look great.!

Jeff

are you going to keep the inetrior white? As funny as it is, my all time favorite color is the Sherwood Forrest Green. It's the ultimate sleeper color IMO. Looks great with a black hood and tail stripes. Looks great fresh, and looks even better tired with patina. That said, my Valiant Signet is good old B5 Blue and she is sharp as a tack :)

valiant.jpg

Just my opinion, but be careful with high impact colors on a coupe. Red is always good. Don't rule out light blue metallic or silver with the stripes etc... B5 or the forgotten B7 is always a good bet. Sunfire Yellow? not everyone likes it, but nice with stripes you want. Get somebody to photoshop up a few color choices - cool way to go

If it was mine I wouldn't do any of those 3 u listed. They don't look right to me on That body style.

If it was mine I wouldn't do any of those 3 u listed. They don't look right to me on That body style.
That's what I am trying to wrap my head around lol.. I have painted 50% of my cars are yellow and the other 50% are black.. just because I hate picking colors and always second guessing myself

Last edited:
I would stick with something in the red or dark orange family, just because you have the red primer on there for a base. It will stick out way less if/when you get any chips in the paint... And I happen to like those colors anyways.
:)
IMG_20160725_202227072.jpg

Have u tried looking at the 69 color chart? I think u might find a good one. To me the original colors always look best. Of course it's ur car but check it out.

Not High impact or a 69 but pretty happy with how my 67 turned out. Of course this is before its all back together but the only pic I have handy.
IMAG0278.jpeg

Just my opinion, but be careful with high impact colors on a coupe. Red is always good. Don't rule out light blue metallic or silver with the stripes etc... B5 or the forgotten B7 is always a good bet. Sunfire Yellow? not everyone likes it, but nice with stripes you want. Get somebody to photoshop up a few color choices - cool way to go

B7 is pretty awesome and has tons of flake!

image.jpeg

-
Back