[WANTED] Has anyone got a good shape 25 teeth input shaft 3 line marking on the gear t

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
2.47low transmissions are sorta rare.

Chipped and rounded clutch teeth are easy to repair, been doing it since the late 70s. Back-cutting the damaged ones to prevent jumping out , is just as easy. If that is all your input suffers from, if I had it in my shop, it would take maybe 15 minutes to repair, and that is all free-hand work.

I wish you good luck.

BTW
that is Fourth gear. It's pretty rare to have ONLY Fourth gear damaged like that. Usually Second is the one that gets a chit-kicking.

That's good of you to do that 15 minute hand work for free.... :thumbsup:

That's good of you to do that 15 minute hand work for free.... :thumbsup:
I said free-hand work, NOT
free hand work. I guess the dash came at a hard-to-see place,lol.
Altho, I have, in the past, done it for free; not everything is about the money; and honestly, it is not intricate or specialized work. You don't even need good eyes.
Really, all you need is the grinder and a strong-enough thumb to anchor and rest the tool.

Input shaft

20220114_150420.jpg

20220114_150412.jpg

20220114_150404.jpg

Nice pics;
As to the repointing of those teeth,
I would fix them because I can.
but they will run like that for many many years on Fourth, if the brake/brass are working.
(I would only hesitate to reuse Second gear if it looked like that.)
The thing is, it looks like that because the Brass/brake quit working or was manually over powered, which with 3.55s doesn't usually happen until over 90 mph in third gear. So..... in a streeter, not very often, in fact, dare I say; seldomly?
Notta chance would I replace that gear for just those chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back