Has anyone used this manifold?

-
That, a 390 Holley and a small .430/278 cam and Hooker Heares will make it a nice motor to play with !!:blob:

I would not spend the money on that manifold, if you are not doing any other mods. You will see an increase in performance, but not a lot. It is not the fault of the manifold, but the engine needs other mods to take advantage of it. If you are looking for "Bling", these manifolds show up used for under $200. If you want a new one, I have one I will sell for $220.00 plus shipping.
Just my opinion, but I would spend $300 on milling the head, first.

I don't think you'll have any luck buying a new one. Offenhauser has pretty much stopped casting anything. Good luck.

I wondered if any of you have ever used this manifold on your slant and whether it was a good one for street driving. I don't plan to race, but I don't want a slouch either...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OFY-5270LK/

I have been using one for over 3 years, on the street on a stock 170/6 engine.
Wow the price has gone sky high on these great little Offey's :protest:
Hold out and wait on a deal on a used one :toothy9:
And Charrlie_S is right, on a stock system you will not feel allot of difference
But if you open the exhaust to a 2 1/4'' starting at the manifold with a good tune
it douse help MPG and give you more H.P.

Attachments

• DOMINOS%20030.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 411
  • Tim%20Morlin%20Visit%207%2022%202010%20017.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 396
theres a guy near me that has this for 100$...i think its new,just needs an carb adaptor.i have his number if ya want it.

mike

Attachments

• 2013-04-27 12.18.28.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 2013-04-27 12.18.12.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 414
Where did you hear that? Is Offie shutting down?

It's been rumored for several years. Go through Summit and see how much they actually have in stock. None of theor dealers have much. Summit keeps pushing back the shipping dates on everything they don't have in stock by Offy. Somethin's up for sure. I know first hand their casting quality has slid further and further downhill for many years. I know somebody over in FBBO was lookin for a new low deck dual quad intake and literally no one had one. He even callse Offy directly and they said they had no plans to cast them anymore.

as charrlie and memike said. head work first. .090 off is a good start, at least a bigger intake valve and blending/gasket match.

-
Back