when people come up to ask about my ride they always say
"I used to have a Duster before". 4 out 5 people usually say
that and they always say it was a 6 cylinder car. I had 1 person
say he had a 318 car, but that's it. I like my car and I won't get
rid of it for nothing....well, maybe a hemi road runner but I don't
have 60plus grand to fork out for one, but then again the last 2
mopars I bought both had under 60,000 miles on them and I happen
to stumble across them both. 8)

YES! I get that all the time also ..how funny!

Mainly, its ... "My grandma had a gold duster with a six cylinder". lol

Chris

I almost said I never had a Duster before, but I guess the three of them I parted out 15 years ago still count don't they? I have never had one registered to me...but I drove one of them around for awhile.

Yea, I've had mine in shows and folks come up say they had one or knew someone who had one. Amazing how many folks apparently had these things. In my KY hometown (1800 people) there were 4 340 Dusters. I had the first one and now I'm the only one still with one. I hope to have it till I die. It makes me always fell 16.

That's what it was like to drive a VW Beetle twenty years ago. EVERYONE had one in their past.

Personally, I had a cherry `74 Duster back in the 80's as a second car. It was brown metallic w/ tan interior, slant 6'er w/ auto, full set of Ralley's with center cap & trim rings, A/C, P/S, & P/B. Sold it when the oil pressure went away. It still ran fine.... just had ZERO oil circulating in it :shock:

I think it's still running
laugh2.gif

hmmmmm, I hear that same thing about having or liking the "nice duster" all the time with my Demon. About 1 in 20 actually know its not a duster! :dontknow:

I've never owned one or even driven one! :eek:ops:

I get that some with my Barracuda. Someone always knows someone that had one just like it, but it had a 383/440/Hemi in it. :?

I had a 72 340/727 Demon. It was the best car I ever owned. To bad I rolled it over a cliff after owning it for 6 months. I also had a 71 340 4 speed Duster. I sold it after blowing up the motor. These were both in my younger days before I new how much these things were worth. Now it's working on my 72 Demon that's going to have a 360/727 setup. It's going to look exactly like my first Demon. Just a lot faster.

Jack

My neighbors had a Duster when they were dating. Many, many years ago. They used to drive it into the woods to do.... stuff.

They keep asking if they can borrow mine for a few hours.

The answers always the same - NO F^(*&(@#N WAY!

I get that all the time with my Dart. Everyone either had one or had a friend with one....Except theirs always had a Hemi, or even the ultra rare 440 hemi!

in a show, when people come up to ask about my ride they always say "I used to have a Duster before"

That doesn't surprise me. When I go to a car show, I always go check out cars that I am most familiar with first. Especially if I have, or have had, one like it.

And besides, do you think someone would come up and say 'Wow, I've never had one of these cars before.' :p

demonwiese said:
hmmmmm, I hear that same thing about having or liking the "nice duster" all the time with my Demon. About 1 in 20 actually know its not a duster! :dontknow:

With my Scamp i usually get "Nice Dart" #-o I don't even bother telling them it's not Dart anymore i just say thanks and let it go at that. :)

As far as Dusters i just bought my 5th one in the last 10 years!
1.71 340 4-speed,i started restoring then sold it.

2.72 318 auto. parts car for the first one,got stripped then scrapped after i sold the first one.(HawaiiDuster has the taillights)

3.71 Total basketcase,/6 3-speed,8.75 rear,disc-brakes,stripped it of the few good parts it had and again went for scrap.(i have pics. if anyone wants to see them.)

4.71 /6 3-speed on the column,it's the one i'm currently restoring.

5.71 318 auto. 8.75 rear bought for parts car for the one i'm currently restoring.

HawaiiDuster said:
Worst I've ever gotten was "Hows that Nova you're building?" Its also been called a Chevelle :x

Alot of E body guys get that with people commenting on a Camaro they had " just like it...." :tongue:

With my Dart Sport I get "Nice Nova, I used to own one too". Depending on my mood sometimes I don't bother to correct people.

I used to have a 92 duster with a 2.4 with a 5 speed. I used to make that thing do some wicked front wheel drive burn outs. That was before ricers where popular so maybe I started that whole deal?

My 19 y/o daughter drives a 73 Duster. I wanted to get her a newer car when she started driving but she wanted this Duster. It had been sitting for 20 years so it was a major rebuilding of everytrhing on the car. Oh, did I mention its a /6. I will be building a 500" motor next year for my Dart and this 383 will go into the Duster. She wants a big motor. However I probably wont install the 383 until she finishes college at the UoA.

For me part of the fun of racing my Slant Duster was hearing all the stories about who had one, etc..

Best story I ever got was from a guy down in Indiana at a gas station. He told me he'd had 2 just like mine. One had "factory 4 wheel disc brakes", the other one was a "factory 350/5 speed". :roll: :lol:

We got one for parts sitting in the yard. I've lost count of how many times my Coronet has been called a Charger.

I've been very fortunate. My first car was a 71 340 Duster I bought in 74 for $1800 that I saved up for myself. My dad, who was not into cars, couldn't understand how I could know EXACTLY what I wanted. A car was a car to him!! :roll:
Now, I've got my second one! :p

Dave

I,ve not had a Duster but i've owned a Scamp which has a Duster front.
It had a 440 auto and ran 12.8 at 111 and was a daily driver.
Mike

its the same as darts.. we take my girlfriends 69 dart to shows and cruises and you hear all kinds of people say remember that dart we had, or we drove to so and so in a dart like that.... its kinda cool i think... the car seems to bring back alot of memories for people....

62977014.jpg

Never had a Duster, Actually have never owned a Plymouth!!

Did have a 73 Dart Sport 340 Convertriple though. I am an E-body guy at heart, everyone calls my Challenger a Charger :evil:

-
Back