Have any of you purchased from Deception Pass Motor Parts?

-

j_anderson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased anything from Deception Pass Motor Parts? I am looking at an item they list but I am not sure how ordering from them works. They have the most archaic ordering system I've ever seen.

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.28.58 AM.png

1. Is there some kind of form to fill out with the part number(s) you are interested in?
2. Fax? who uses fax in 2022?
3. Number goes to a VM as indicated. No one to talk to regarding questions about ordering.
4. Sent an email with part number, listed MOPAR in subject line and asked for next steps. I have not received a response.

I did click "ordering information" but all it talks about is part condition, shipping details/cost and fund types that are accepted but still no explicit ordering information.

Has anyone purchased anything from Deception Pass Motor Parts? I am looking at an item they list but I am not sure how ordering from them works. They have the most archaic ordering system I've ever seen.

View attachment 1715981173

1. Is there some kind of form to fill out with the part number(s) you are interested in?
2. Fax? who uses fax in 2022?
3. Number goes to a VM as indicated. No one to talk to regarding questions about ordering.
4. Sent an email with part number, listed MOPAR in subject line and asked for next steps. I have not received a response.

I did click "ordering information" but all it talks about is part condition, shipping details/cost and fund types that are accepted but still no explicit ordering information.
First question, what do they have that you can't get somewhere else?

First question, what do they have that you can't get somewhere else?
The part I'm looking for is $43 shipped from them or $90 shipped from one other vendor who has one in NOS condition. If it were only a few dollars difference, I'd just buy from the other vendor.

Their name doesn't bother me, but the fact they have no option to call and speak with a live person does.

Not sure I would order from someone with the word deception in their name.
And this is why I'm asking the good folks here if they have purchased anything from them.

I think I'm supposed to call that voicemail line and give them my name and address, part number(s) of interest and my CC details. Same thing with using email. I just want to know they are legit before I do that.

I have ordered from them several times (voicemail), never had a problem. Not one of my go to places, but they sometimes have had things that I could not find anywhere else.

Not sure I would order from someone with the word deception in their name.
LOL! It's named after Deception Pass which is a pretty popular natural feature with a spectacular bridge in the area where the business is located.

I have ordered from them several times (voicemail), never had a problem. Not one of my go to places, but they sometimes have had things that I could not find anywhere else.
Do you just call the number and supply the part number with payment details and name and address?

Not sure when you did the email but it is a holiday weekend

I bought a taillight lens from them years ago (pre internet days) with no problems they have been around for a long time at least since the 80s. I found them in a physical catalog of cars and parts, but I can't remember the name of it, brown cover and was sold on newsstands years ago.

Risk $43 for something you're not sure about? And then the $90 NOS may be gone.

Len Dawson. I have bought from them many times. They are old school. He does everything over the phone. Look your part number up on his site and write down the location of the item, it makes it easier for him to process your order. He takes credit card info over the phone. I have never been disappointed with any thing I have bought from him. I think he is probably an older gentleman, so give him time to return your call.

I bought a taillight lens from them years ago (pre internet days) with no problems they have been around for a long time at least since the 80s. I found them in a physical catalog of cars and parts, but I can't remember the name of it, brown cover and was sold on newsstands years ago.

Len Dawson. I have bought from them many times. They are old school. He does everything over the phone. Look your part number up on his site and write down the location of the item, it makes it easier for him to process your order. He takes credit card info over the phone. I have never been disappointed with any thing I have bought from him. I think he is probably an older gentleman, so give him time to return your call.

Thanks for the responses! I'll place an order.

Looks legit from what I can find. Whitepages lists age as 80+.
Screenshot_20220905-132213_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20220905-132021_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I have found NOS parts on here in the 'wanted' section. In particular a really nice passenger mirror.

Beat me to it... Len is old school... Honest & takes care of his customers. But doesn't do any of that new fangled internet crap.... Probably just a passing phase anyway...

No problems with Len Dawson. No problem with old-school ordering either. Payment instructions on his site, just follow the directions and all is good. One of my favorite suppliers.

One of largest remaining stocks of NOS Mopar parts. Mostly 1930s thru mid-sixties parts. Bought a lot of stuff from Len 30 plus years ago. Used to have huge catalog of the parts on continuous printed paper with the printer drive holes on both sides of paper. I believe he was one of first to use a computerized data base, like old IBM type, just never updated I guess.

-
Back