have you ever noticed the Sale or the sell?

-
OMG,,thanks soooo much for the laugh guys...

I had noticed the sale/sell thing a while back.But Im glad Phil tackled it not me,lol...

It's not a Southern thing really.

There are people everywhere that can't spell for crap.

Their, there, they're, sale, sell, sail......you know what they mean they just can't spell or type too fast without proofreading which I am more than guilty of in just about every post LOL.

I think it'd be more fun to sail a car.

Yeah. I talk english real good.

Well sorry guys, I honestly thought that it was an intentional use. an american thing, kinda how canadians say Eh, and we say Creek and roof differently. I have seen the "sale" thing only in USA posts, not in canada, so I was just wondering why.

But honestly, I can't be the only person that has noticed this.

I normally see "for sale". Occasionally I see "for sell", which I usually assume to be either a typo, someone with english as a second language, or bad grammar. I've also seen "I have something to sale", in which case, I assume the same.

Flatlander "Heh 64, where in Kansas did you grow up??"

I grew up in Dodge City. Home of Wyatt, Bat, Doc, & all those other celebrities. Lived there from age 1 1/2 until I was almost 28. How did I end up in South Dakota????? Today is the first decent day we've had since before Christmas!!!

Hey, did you know that Dennis Hopper grew up in Dodge City (before my time)?

well here we say are you going feshing not fishing and did you do the worsh not the wash, grandma spoke like that but she could brew so good beer, home grow hops . hillbilly for life als

I think it's all just carelessness, We are not preparing thesis papers for publication in a medical journal.

One of me and my friends' favorites is...."NEEDS GONE THROUGH"....like,.."For sale....1969 Dodge Dart...runs okay....needs gone through" I dunno why, that one really tweaks my brain.

I was gonna sell the car I have for sale,cause I gotta get it outta the laneway so I can park in the driveway.LOL!

Speaking of it, there's an ad right here on FABO like you're talking about. Wasn't even looking for it.

Flatlander "Heh 64, where in Kansas did you grow up??"

I grew up in Dodge City. Home of Wyatt, Bat, Doc, & all those other celebrities. Lived there from age 1 1/2 until I was almost 28. How did I end up in South Dakota????? Today is the first decent day we've had since before Christmas!!!

Hey, did you know that Dennis Hopper grew up in Dodge City (before my time)?

I've been through Dodge a couple of times but have never stopped. Eventually would like to take a weeklong driving tour of KS and stop at all the tourist/interesting sites..............Boot Heel Cemetary, Greensburg Well, largest ball of twine, Monument Rocks, Knute Rockney's memorial, the barbed wire museum.........just to name a few.:-D

Interesting about Dennis Hopper. Does he ever go back?

I've been through Dodge a couple of times but have never stopped. Eventually would like to take a weeklong driving tour of KS and stop at all the tourist/interesting sites..............Boot Heel Cemetary, Greensburg Well, largest ball of twine, Monument Rocks, Knute Rockney's memorial, the barbed wire museum.........just to name a few.:-D

Interesting about Dennis Hopper. Does he ever go back?

Boot Hill is interesting but it was a lot more fun when it was free. My friends & I used to hang out there some back when we were in grade school & junior high. They used to have a skeleton on display there that was found buried about 2 blocks from where I grew up. MY mom remembers them finding it when she was a girl. Skeleton is gone now, not politically correct anymore. There's also pretty good restaraunt there, last I knew.

You can see the ball of twine as you drive by in your car. Haven't been to Greensburg since the tornado. Barbed wire museum is okay for a bit of a distraction. Haven't seen the others.

Don't forget the Dalton Gang Hideout in Meade.

No idea about Hopper. I think he left sometime in the 1950's. I moved there in 1959. Never saw him, but never looked for him. I just found out he was from there in the last year or so.

Thread hijack. Better disappear now.

-
Back