Have you ever seen any Dart, Valiant, Demon or Duster with a rear window defroster?

-
I had a 74 4 dr. Valiant Brougham that had the factory grid type.
It's funny that you mention it, but I think ALL newer cars have them but hardly anyone uses them. They're like turn signals, it's just too much trouble to flick a switch to turn them on! :mad:

I use the one in my 2015 Challenger daily in winter and spring. I keep my car outside.
If it’s inside I wouldn’t need it.

Now the more think about it maybe it says "rear defroster". Now I really need to look. Lol

It says 'rear air' - this pic is from a 1971 Demon, same as in my Duster:

1897339-ff1f971d96e94124e7f7d3e9503f9444.jpg

Door sticker?

Is 930 the SPD?

September 30 72?

That's a pretty early 73 then.
Door sticker was / is completely blank. I started removing it because everything needs to be stripped to bare metal anyway. I wondered if this sticker was some sort of reproduction because it was blank.

20240305_015829.jpg

Probably not. I've seen ones faded out, and if you remove the surface coating, it pulls the numbers and letters off too.

I'll bet you guys wish that you never had to deal with snow!
Defrosting glass just isn't needed that often here.

That's not a major problem in many places here, and you're not immune to them either.

You got it new?
If you're asking about my car, no. I bought it well used in 2014. Hoping it would be drivable. Maybe. But I wasn't going to drive it like it was. It has a 340 with lumpy cam and automatic with tight convertor. Put it in gear and it chokes the engine.

Come on...earthquakes???
That absolutely comes across as petty jealousy.
The last quake of any significance was 35 years ago and my place was totally unaffected.
Fires? Yeah....in the mountain zones of which I don't live near.
Mudslides? Same as above....I'm not in Malibu or the Bay area.
I never have to shovel snow. I don't have to assume extensive sheet metal replacement on every car I buy. I never have to dress up 4 layers deep just to go to the Post Office.
I'm astonished that anyone chooses to live where it snows. I hate when it gets below 50 here.

As I said it depends where you live. Most don't have a/c around here... where I'm sure most do in your neck of the woods.

Come on...earthquakes???
The last quake of any significance was 35 years ago and my place was totally unaffected.
I never have to shovel snow. I don't have to assume extensive sheet metal replacement on every car I buy. I never have to dress up 4 layers deep just to go to the Post Office.
I'm astonished that anyone chooses to live where it snows. I hate when it gets below 50 here.
It's not jealousy. California has a weird climate. I'm not even being political about it. California just came out of a drought that lasted how long? I'll take rust belt snow and fresh water lakes over droughts.

At this point, wanting to live in the rust belt must be genetic because my folks have been out here way too many generations to say it's a preference.

Come on...earthquakes???
Much as I would like to live in a place where snow is not an issue, at this point in my life it's more of an affordability issue to live here. I would lose about 35% of my net worth just in currency conversion by moving to the US.
Besides, you would hate it if 40 million Canadians invaded California!

If you're asking about my car, no. I bought it well used in 2014. Hoping it would be drivable. Maybe. But I wasn't going to drive it like it was. It has a 340 with lumpy cam and automatic with tight convertor. Put it in gear and it chokes the engine.
Anything could have happened to that sticker in 40 years.....

It's not jealousy. California has a weird climate. I'm not even being political about it. California just came out of a drought that lasted how long? I'll take rust belt snow and fresh water lakes over droughts.

At this point, wanting to live in the rust belt must be genetic because my folks have been out here way too many generations to say it's a preference.
The effects of drought. fires, or flooding is purely political here in Ca. It's a matter of will and fighting various whacko groups that fight every single project to store water, build flood control, manage forests, build solar/wind energy farms, etc. Would I live in San Francisco or Los Angeles? Not me, but, that has nothing to do with drought, fires, or flooding. If you're scared of earthquakes, don't live near a major fault. Within an hours' drive from me, I can surf, fish (both fresh and saltwater), sled on snow, or run a sand buggy in warm desert sand.....and do most all of them year round. Not many places in the country (or world for that matter) you can do that. Add the fact that my Mopars are not getting eaten up by the salt and sand on the roads, or have to go into storage for months on end.....

The effects of drought. fires, or flooding is purely political here in Ca. It's a matter of will and fighting various whacko groups that fight every single project to store water, build flood control, manage forests, build solar/wind energy farms, etc. Would I live in San Francisco or Los Angeles? Not me, but, that has nothing to do with drought, fires, or flooding. If you're scared of earthquakes, don't live near a major fault. Within an hours' drive from me, I can surf, fish (both fresh and saltwater), sled on snow, or run a sand buggy in warm desert sand.....and do most all of them year round. Not many places in the country (or world for that matter) you can do that. Add the fact that my Mopars are not getting eaten up by the salt and sand on the roads, or have to go into storage for months on end.....
I was in the San Diego area a couple years ago and it seemed like a pretty decent place.

California is quite diverse in the climate.
There are forests, mountains, valleys and deserts.
In the 50s-70s, there was a steady stream of people moving here from the North and the East. My own family moved here, Mom, Dad and 3 kids in 1968.
People wanted to get away from the cold, the snow and live where you could make decent money and enjoy much better weather.
It speaks a LOT about the government when the beauty of the state is no longer enough to attract Americans from other states nor to KEEP existing Americans from moving out.
This may be the only state that has LOST residents the past several years.
Imagine a beautiful woman that looks stunning in pictures but never seems to keep a decent guy for long.
Chances are, she is a complete ***** that is impossible to live with.
She probably doesn't even have a 73 Duster with a rear window defroster.

'73

'74

another '74 but with yet a different wiring scheme.

and '75

Well to each their own.
Even down here we get to play in the snow once in while. And it brightens up otherwise gray winters.
1709672746940.png

1709672785451.png

Then for for those further north, there's ice racing, skating to work on the river (eh), fishing, skiing, snowshoe, etc etc. I think there's a hockey player or two on the forum. Only thing I don't like is the salt on the roads.

-
Back