Head Porting Book Review

-

gzig5

Reaction score
I found this book in my Amazon wish list. Not sure how/when it got there but I'm getting some extra time coming up and would like to start playing with the grinders and having a book to reference helps me. Has anyone read it and if so, what do you think regarding SBM heads and someone who is a novice? Title seems a bit goofy, I don't care really about saving gas or kicking butt, but I'd like to learn to improve my head flow.

Head Porting Secrets: Save Gas and Kick...Butt!

1684601035881.png

I'm porting a set of heads for my 318 build, I gathered all the info from various sites, but maybe I should buy a book about head porting to help with the next set I may do.

Last edited:
I’ve bought and NOT read so many porting books I could start a library. Lol. But yes some of them are pretty good. Over my head in a lot of areas but good.

I found this book in my Amazon wish list. Not sure how/when it got there but I'm getting some extra time coming up and would like to start playing with the grinders and having a book to reference helps me. Has anyone read it and if so, what do you think regarding SBM heads and someone who is a novice? Title seems a bit goofy, I don't care really about saving gas or kicking butt, but I'd like to learn to improve my head flow.

Head Porting Secrets: Save Gas and Kick...Butt!

View attachment 1716092234
He is a member here.

Check out David Vizards YouTube channel, he has books for sale on Amazon as well. Charles Servedio on YouTube as well. They are both doing a 318 project together.

Maybe the author could give you a better picture of the why's and how's. Paging @mpgmike

Ill add this from page 119:

"Any tricks you can employ to better vaporize the fuel, better homogenize the fuel with the air and and apply more of the cylinder pressure to more of the piston crown will make more with the same airflow numbers.

Last edited:
-
Back