Head Porting

-
by floor you mean when the head is mounted ? i forgot im doing this with the hhead upside down lol
Its crude, done with my finger on my phone. Shaded dark is how much floor work 'roughly' it takes to touch 195-200 cfm int flow. Of course there is a shape needed, i dont bother with the roof much at all. Stay away from the guide boss, do not raise the roof around it either. One side will yield a water jacket .060-.080 deep. If you arent confident...dont do it. Send it to somone like me. Good luck.

Screenshot_20190429-230630_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190429-231216_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Its crude, done with my finger on my phone. Shaded dark is how much floor work 'roughly' it takes to touch 195-200 cfm int flow.

View attachment 1715328197

View attachment 1715328199
Cool, thanks for the picture with shading, i got bad news i ended going way toooo much on the exhaust floor made a pin, hole. Good news got a new core from PISHTA back at it again, also i found a whole set of valves and intakes 1.700/1.440!

Cool, thanks for the picture with shading, i got bad news i ended going way toooo much on the exhaust floor made a pin, hole. Good news got a new core from PISHTA back at it again, also i found a whole set of valves and intakes 1.700/1.440!
They dont even need that much work on the exh port. Are you going for 2 now? Maybe stop while youre a head...or behind...idk lol

Its crude, done with my finger on my phone. Shaded dark is how much floor work 'roughly' it takes to touch 195-200 cfm int flow. Of course there is a shape needed, i dont bother with the roof much at all. Stay away from the guide boss, do not raise the roof around it either. One side will yield a water jacket .060-.080 deep. If you arent confident...dont do it. Send it to somone like me. Good luck.

View attachment 1715328197

View attachment 1715328199

Just curious......what about the "bulged area" just beneath the valve seat area just before entering the port? Would it be good to enlarge that, or have an adverse effect?

Just curious......what about the "bulged area" just beneath the valve seat area just before entering the port? Would it be good to enlarge that, or have an adverse effect?
The image i used from phista is not of a port cut straight down the middle....that cut is off to one side of the port...that is why the line stops there...cause thats over the middle.
Straight up from the seat and laid back immediately and far back ,over half ways. I gave you guys valuable info...if you can understand and execute it accurately...see thats the hard part. When i ever do a head for one of you in this thread... youll see and have your moment of clarity.

The image i used from phista is not of a port cut straight down the middle....that cut is off to one side of the port...that is why the line stops there...cause thats over the middle.
Straight up from the seat and laid back immediately and far back ,over half ways. I gave you guys valuable info...if you can understand and execute it accurately...see thats the hard part. When i ever do a head for one of you in this thread... youll see and have your moment of clarity.

LOL. Well, I'm not about port understanding. That's gonna be your job.

Update! Got my head back today from the machine shop, Milled .100, bigger valves, 340 valve springs, trimmed valve guides, Ported head. 20 H.p here i come lol.

20190611_120745.jpg

20190611_120811.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back