Header back exhaust kits?

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
Just curious what you folks think of the full exhaust kits offered for the 67+ A bodies?

Looking at heartthrob, summit, jegs, pypes, flowmaster... any others?

I settled with tti exhaust because everything was included and everything looks good and i was a bit suprised at all the hardware in the box as well. Packaged alot better than the Gibson exhaust system i got for my dakota.
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Category-ExhaustSystems/X-midpipe/X001.htm

with pypes i understood that i would have to get the header adapters and the hangers and was unsure on their mufflers. The price would have came to about the same as the tti setup.

with Flowmaster i didnt care for their mufflers as i hated the drone in my dakota (flowmaster 40) so i would of changed out their mufflers

I will be installing the TTI system in a few weeks if all the moons align properly.

I kept looking and listening to this you tube video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDi8pK09sGs"]1969 Dodge GTS 340 Four Barrel - YouTube[/ame]

I'm liking the looks of Accurate myself. Will most likely go with that new AAR
look alike setup when I'm ready cause it should solve our dilemma of not being able to go all the way back to the bumpers because of the inboard springs and mini tubbing while using the stock gas tank. Don't yet know what the mufflers sound like but I suppose electric cutouts can cure that.:D

http://www.accurateltd.com/A-Body-TA-Exhaust-System-1967-1974_p_374.html

I used Summit and everything was included and fit perfectly. The turbo mufflers that came with it sound great except for a resonance from 40-50 that gets in your ears. It'd actually be fine as a weekend cruiser except mine is my driver and long term day after day it would have damaged my hearing.

The summit and jegs kits are made and supplied by pypes.
I have a summit sold system and it great just need a custom cut pipe to go from TTI headers to the mid pipe bout 2 ft long piece

I did TTi but I wouldn't use the word "custom". They required a lot of fiddle f*ucking, but they look great...but I didn't need to buy anything else and it has the X pipe..

ian.

I am installing a Jegs 2.5 as we speak to my dougs headers.

They seem to be way too long of reach to mufflers. I would guess 6-10" too much
to place the muffler at the hanger position. I am about to hang mufflers and measure..

Oh yeah....68 barracuda fastback.

Also..4 of the pipes were mislabelled

Looking at a pypes kit. I want to keep the volume down. Was thinking of doing flowmaster 50 ' s if I didn't do a kit.

Tailpipe over axle piece seams about 4" long as well ...if I want to use the factory hanger brackets....

Isn't that wayyyyyyyy better than tooooooo short??? LOL?

I have a 3"TTI exhaust on my Dart Sport race car - Step headers, X-pipe and Dynomax UltraFlo mufflers ending at the rear end housing. Just needed some trimming/fitting to adapt the headers to the X-pipe because of where I needed the X-pipe to be.

I am installing a Jegs 2.5 as we speak to my dougs headers.

They seem to be way too long of reach to mufflers. I would guess 6-10" too much
to place the muffler at the hanger position. I am about to hang mufflers and measure..

Oh yeah....68 barracuda fastback.

Also..4 of the pipes were mislabelled

Tailpipe over axle piece seams about 4" long as well ...if I want to use the factory hanger brackets....

i thought they did that to fit various applications. trim to fit sounds ok to me. sure beats the hell out of having to add material to fit. :)

i've seen a jegs kit for a 73 challenger. it fir nice but was thin cheapy pipe and hangers in my opinion. have seen a few tti kits and they are really nice kits and nice hangers. never seen a accurate kit in person but from the feed back i have seen they are nice. i'd just want a full 2 1/4 system not 2" off the manifold and past the torsion bar. maybe they offer that as an option i don't know..

I have most of the tti installed now. Just need to fiddle some more to get it to all sit how i want it. Everything was simple to install and worked out awesome.
I also mini tubbed so I had to make some brackets to mount the hangers where i needed them.

Mufflers seem to be in the correct position . .?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 313
-
Back